The new vampire lore is a joke

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Homeskillet, Dec 9, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Uncaged Guest

Wubbah@Butcherblock wrote:
    After reading today's latest lore release, I do not think their intent was to create a Freeblood race. It was a mistake through experimentation. Whoever 'they' are.
  2. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

Grimknight@Kithicor wrote:
    "They" Would be the D'Ril's, as stated on the start of the post and in closing.
  3. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

Part 2 has been posted:
    To the Esteemed Arelin Holst D’Ryil,
    I must write to inform you of our current progress.
    As you know, our experiments have been going very well. We’ve been able to extrapolate quite of bit of information from Mayong’s research notes, and I believe that your theories on the outcome of his attempted transformation were quite insightful. It was fortunate for us that we had the information he was missing from Tserrina’s notes.
    Several of our experiments, at this point, have been failures – this was expected. We’ve destroyed the majority of the failed experiments, as requested. However, we’ve found that some of the failures have yielded some interesting information as they decay. We’re interested to watch this process, and thus have kept these failures alive, partially for analysis, but admittedly there is a fair amount of amusement in their agonized writhing and cries.
    Finding the correct mixture of blood is, as you know, the essence to our experiments here. Too much of the mixture resulted in dramatic transformations that the recipients rarely survived. Too little, and they became ineffective, creating rebellious, angry, weakened vampires. Finding the correct balance has been a difficult endeavor.
    One particular experiment, a human male, has proven quite promising, however. Initially, we expected a complete failure with him, as his mixture was only slightly varied from experiments we had tried and failed with. As with the others, he writhed through the night, pleasing us with gurgling screams as he transformed. I myself entered his chamber the following night, prepared for either a wide-eyed, stiffened corpse, or a vicious, drooling, mindless beast. Neither was the case. He looked at me and asked the usual questions, “What happened to me?”, “What have I become?”… the standard list of disbelieving queries we are all used to from new blood. This was promising.
    In spite of all of this, I would hesitate from calling this one a success. He seems to lack many of the benefits of our race – his strength does not appear to be that over others of his original stock, he seems to lack any manner of significant regeneration, and, most fatal of all, he does not appear to be subservient to our house as he should be. This was unexpected, and regardless of all his other flaws, makes him quite useless to us on the whole.
    I still want to keep him alive for the time being, as there might be more to be to learn from him still. Once he has outlived his usefulness, I will see him destroyed. I am pleased, though, that we are on the verge of success, and that this recent experiment proves this.
    I will inform you of our progress once a significant breakthrough has been made.

For the D’Ryil,
    Verilos
  4. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

I'm smelling the Dark Angel premise.
    Breed super soldiers to be slaves. They escape out into the population. They are indistinguishable from everyone else but different. Hilarity ensues.
  5. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

Wilin wrote:
    No, you're smelling nothing, really.

Because it's impossible to do anything with vampires that hasn't been done before.
  6. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

kelvmor wrote:
    That's true only if all previous things done with vampires plus the Dark Angel premise that I mentioned are odorless. But, in fact, they do have an odor whether they've been done before or not. Hence, I'm smelling what the Rock is cooking. :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

kelvmor wrote:
    Someone recently decided to make vampires glitter. I'm sure further humilliation can be heaped upon them. Like maybe a racial allergy to cats which reacts poorly to Hello Kitty products or some such.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Found this in the character creation screen. Cropped it together into this picture. I had no doubt in my mind that they would be a Neutral race, but there's a little tidbit about them in the description there.

[IMG]
  9. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    HOT, thanks!
  10. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Oh yes, the model itself still doesn't show up, which is why I cropped the two info bars together like that. I would have just posted the full screenshot otherwise.
  11. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Since it says the d'morte and t'haen bloodlines are cousins do we assume the freebloods are a result of the Ewer?
    Since mistmoore bloodline is not a cousin of the freeblood line do they have no relation?
    And someone remind me again how the T'haen line started?
  12. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

The T'Haean line is from Bloodline Chronicles. ahh lets see. Off the top of my head, if I remember some of the notes mentioned here on the boards over the years, I believe the line was formed as a result of one House in Neriak who practiced secret necrotic rituals in a location far away from the city. It's been forever since I remember reading the official lore here on the boards, so I don't know if I'd even be able to find them with a search. Maybe I'm confusing them with D'Morte?
  13. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Afaik T'haen line was a weak bloodline of the D'morte line. Which would tie it directly to the ewer.
    But I do not know how it formed its own bloodline with its own submissive master.
  14. ARCHIVED-Hamervelder Guest

Homeskillet wrote:
    Wait ... the questline where you meet an apparently-turned Marcus Thex, then you find that his sister has been turned into a vampire isn't canon, but a rubbish live-event quest (a cheesy one, at that) where you're a vampire for a short amount of time is canon? That's worse than stupid. That's asinine.
  15. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Illiam@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    No, homeskillet has no idea what he is talking about. Gninja said that the heroic zones have TWO distinct outcomes and only 1 of those is actual canon. Gninja even stated marcus thex is NOT a vampire, because we interupted the ritual.
    The RUBBISH live event was actually based on strong lore regarding Anashti sul and the EWER of sul'dae. The lore of the FREEBLOODS which we are only getting small bits and pieces of at a time has very little to do with the live event QUEST itself.
  16. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

The model for the Freeblood (what ever happened to the Frostblood anyway? or was that just a rough idea that devolved into the Freeblood because the Freeb's were easier to impliment?) is availble, read the post in the Community News forum
  17. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

DrkVsr wrote:
    Frostblood is what some of the players would have liked this race to be named if they happened to originate from the Tower of Frozen Shadow. If you're refering to my picture above about the model, what I ment is that the models aren't viewable on the character creation screen right as of this post. There was a big empty space in the center of the screen.
  18. ARCHIVED-Rezikai Guest

ungo wrote:
    If I remember right it says that "The Dead" hunted down alot of the D'Morte's in the little instance for the D'Morte Burial chamber. I remember Vhalen saying King Naythox ordered the houses destruction for unleashing vampirsm and feeding on Neriak higher class citizen (they didnt care about commoners it seems). If i remember correct T'Haen's group hid deep in the underground tunnels of Nektulos to escape destruction. Where they stayed until the Freeport and Qeynos factions disturbed them.
    But... the odd thing it says "XXX D'Morte, slain by The Dead in the Age of Turmoil..... which is odd because I thought the house was ordered destroyed way back in the day... and its why Malkonis headed toward the Silent City with the Ewer.
  19. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Off-topic, that's a rather intesting sig you have there Rezikai.
  20. ARCHIVED-Rezikai Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Heh the bigger version is on my little story/fiction site