The Behemoth

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Sartredes, May 16, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Thax Guest

They do, just not really fast. I sat around harvesting while I waited for respawns. It's faster to clear both towers and the valley by zoning back and forth if you're in a hurry though.
  2. ARCHIVED-AgentAce Guest

Found them! Thanks guys! What a great peice of lore!
  3. ARCHIVED-iasmin Guest

Bah, i must be the dumbest person in the world. I have food. The starving skelly eats it when I talk to him. And then apparently I become completely inept at finding anything. No binder, no book pages, no quest in my journal, nada. /em curses these quests.

EDIT: Yah. Me stupid. Me be heap lore expert some day. Here i am searching the gorge. On the plus side, I got four nine rares out of it. Found the starter everything. Just took zoning out apparently since nothing spawned originally.
    Message Edited by iasmin on 06-16-2006 01:25 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Wilde_Night Guest

Completed the quest in a little under an hour. It was very fun! I am looking forward to the next one. :)
  5. ARCHIVED-TheManInTheBox Guest

I got all my pages in the zone by waiting on respawns.. Are you sure you stuck around long enough?
    If you did wait around, perhaps there was a problem with the respawn on your server.. Highly unlikely but possible.

Anyways, I enjoyed the quest. The book was a very interesting read. Keep these lore quests coming Vhalen! :smileyhappy:
  6. ARCHIVED-Ikky Yummy Guest

I'm no Lore Master, so I may be wrong here, but heres a few stray thoughts to think about....

There already exists an intelligent large reptile that associates with higher intelligences. The lizards that can be found on the beach in Lavastorm don't pose much threat, but the guardian of the temple in Obelisk of Lost Souls is truely a gargantuine version of these creatures. At least we know they can get to a fairly sizeable... er... size.

As for the lake it forms, since it is in the middle of a river, perhaps sediments and debris were deposited around the corpse of the beast as it rotted from the inside-out. A thick scaley hide would help keep the softer innards in, while letting the soil gather outside. As with all things, the hide would wash away as well, but not before the softer inside left a void, only to be filled with rain water, which would still have a distinct Behemoth flavor that a certain Tier'Dal with a brass haliberd rather enjoys...

After fishing through all 5 pages of posts (Stopped completely reading posts after a tedious Page 3) I've noticed most people assume The Behemoth is either a reptile or other scaley creature. After doing a quick image search for Behemoth (Google is your friend) I've found that there are more than just scaley kind commonly associated with Behemoth. This may NOT be a fish/dragon/wyrm, but rather some other creature of lore. Don't limit your thinking to just reptiles. =)

I may be over-thinking it, but theres a little food for thought.
  7. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

It was just a lot faster to zone in and zone out, instead of wait for the respawns.
  8. ARCHIVED-TheManInTheBox Guest

Thats just silly! :smileytongue:
  9. ARCHIVED-The-Fourm-Pirate Guest

I'm having problems finding the binder, i've found and fed the skelly but there is no binder in the tower.
  10. ARCHIVED-kythik Guest

remember, the tower is in 2 places....
  11. ARCHIVED-kythik Guest

Finished this quick quest after i took my own advice and found the 11-14pages. The Behemoth reminds me of acreature from DnD for the life of me i can not remember the name of them. They would walk from coast to coast eating everything. They were mostly immune to magic and would decimate everything in their paths.

I am going to take a guess and say that behemoths will be a good thing. Perhaps guilds will have to do a huge quest and get a pet behemoth to kill Kerafyrm! Now that would be entertaining. not sure if it is Vhalen who writes these lore books but i really love them. The lore books in PoKnowledge were one of my favorite parts of eq1. I believe I have read them all a few times.

Please put in more of these type of lore quests. The book collection quests are a pain to complete. This was quick, and the read was great. Thank you!
  12. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

It's too bad that I won't be able to actually recieve this book untill Echoes of Feydwere comes out. Because it's a collection quest, turning it in now would only waste the Achievement XP from it since I'm already level 50. Once more achievement points are added with Echoes of Feydwere, then its ok.
  13. ARCHIVED-ganng Guest

not true check the level of the quest.
  14. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Collection quests are different. You get XP and AXP regardless of what level it is. I know because I got AXP from completing the Cracked Bone Necklace quest shortly after KoS came out.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Aye, collection quests are considered differently when handing out AAXP. In order to recieve AXP for the collection, it just has to be rated at level 20 or better. Any collections rated at level 19 or lower won't reward AXP (because you can't get AXP at the levels you "should" be doing them), 20 or higher will always reward AXP.

Also, I believe that Cusashorn is referring to the fact that they have maxxed out their allowed AXP points, and thus turning in a collection would have no benefit until they add more AXP abilities and points with EoF this fall. Thus, their desire to wait.

{ Is it just me, or does there seem to be a lot of misconceptions going around about AXP and quests/collects? }
    Message Edited by Lord_Ebon on 06-17-2006 03:23 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-Daevyd Guest

"The Behemoth reminds me of acreature from DnD for the life of me i can not remember the name of them. They would walk from coast to coast eating everything. They were mostly immune to magic and would decimate everything in their paths."

That would be the Tarrasque.
  17. ARCHIVED-kythik Guest

thank you! It sounds like a Tarrasque to me!
  18. ARCHIVED-SageGaspar Guest

God only knows if the new AA system will even have the same mechanics as the current one, but personally I'm not going to sit on a book for five months on the off chance I get 5% AA for turning it in when the expansion comes back, hehe. Hell, I'm feeling pretty empty right now having nothing to grind, speeding through EoF AAs would be a bittersweet victory :p
  19. ARCHIVED-ganng Guest

I could be wrong as I often am but I thought the level of this quest was 15?
  20. ARCHIVED-Wilde_Night Guest

I did not recieve any xp or AAxp for completing this quest.