The Behemoth

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Sartredes, May 16, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Thax Guest

I'd have been happy with a big black book or something, just didn't want to add to my already humongous collection of similar looking books.
  2. ARCHIVED-Vhalen Guest

I will look into the graphic of the book and see what we can do. We may be seeing more of the Professor's prize winning series, The Lore of Fauna.
  3. ARCHIVED-xentavius Guest

Check your PM's. I rather not give a spoiler out here... yet.
  4. ARCHIVED-WarSheol Guest

General question ill try not to spoil so the wording may be a bit odd.

I am up to the point of Finding things, are the "things" I need to find all in the same basic area or spread out much further?
  5. ARCHIVED-Thax Guest

Thanks Vhalen! And thanks for putting the book together to begin with!

Choice 1.
  6. ARCHIVED-SageGaspar Guest

You know what you need to do. Someone before explicitly told you the biggest clue (prior to me, which is the only reason I would've mentioned even that much :p), and you replied that you didn't know a very specific detail. The very specific thing is itemized in the Vhalen post, which I told you.

These quests are built for people that enjoy playing these types of games and solving puzzles. I am really opposed to just tossing out crazy spoilers to it, but in this case someone did literally hand you the solution (mob location, how to interact with them, the specifics of the interaction). I could copy and paste a couple posts from this thread on ogaming and people would be able to use it easily as a walkthrough for almost the entire quest, barring a little detail at the end.

Nothing personal, but there's no one keeping you confused but you :p
  7. ARCHIVED-WarSheol Guest

Finaly got mine, cant wait to read it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Frexspar Guest

It's been hours now and I cannot find one of these things. I have tons of all the other things, but not the one I need. Any words of wisdom here?

Figures, I post this and a few mins later I find what I was looking for.

Thanks anyway. Great quest! Keep 'em comin' plz. :)

Message Edited by Deshave on 06-15-2006 07:09 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

I had great fun figureing out the puzzle in this one. :) Finally got free of people wantin ghelplong enough to do it. Hoping that I can still do the everling one I've been purposely not reading that thread to avoid spoilers.

At anyrate, this was really well done and especially liked the freeform quest style of it.
  10. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I guess it's my fault for not speaking up sooner.

Quite frankly: I don't care about the Behemoth. Unless it is intended to bring this creature back to Norrath, I could care less about it's existance. However, my oppinion may change when I finally get the quest started. Thats why I said I didn't want to play any games in regards to getting the whole thing started.

BTW: I don't fish in this game. It's a useless harvesting skill to a carpenter. It wouldn't have mattered how hard you pointed out the major hints that Vhalen pointed out, I wouldn't have seen it.

Thanks Xentavius.
  11. ARCHIVED-hahn_bard Guest

What a whiny brat who thinks he's entitled... sheesh. You act like you run these forums and people owe you something. Get over yourself.
  12. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Hey. All I politely asked for was the spoiler to start the quest. Nothing more. Then the drama started.
  13. ARCHIVED-IrishWonder Guest

First of all, Cusa, you should be the FIRST person to acknowledge that there doesn't need to be a spoiler early on in these types of quests. You yourself held out on the spoiler to the first Lore quest for quite a few days until more people had time to complete it. What's good for the goose isn't good for the gander, eh? And it doesn't matter how much you care about the Behemoth... if no one cared about the Everlings, would you have posted a full-out spoiler to the first quest any earlier? I certainly hope the answer is "No." Saying you don't care about the quest or the lore behind it is somewhat disrespectful to those who were looking forward to this bit of lore, those who participated in the first quest (and even congratulated and thanked you for your effort in it), and Vhalen for taking the time to give us Lore junkies an appetizer.

Secondly, the clue in Vhalen's post was absolutely blatant. I am a carpenter as well, and I have never fished a node in my EQ2 life, but as soon as I started the quest, I immediately knew what to do. I figured, of course, that it was a cooked dish... so I went to the broker in hopes that there'd be some for sale, and sure enough there were... though it was a rare harvestable.

Lastly, there was no drama started by anyone other than yourself. When you asked for the flat out answer, instead you were given clues and hints, in a very polite manner, by a few people. Only when you refused to use them and kept demanding the straight answer did you start the drama.

This is seriously not what I'd expect from the person who helped to start this new tradition of Lore and History forum quests.
  14. ARCHIVED-i3ry2k Guest

Didn't you complain about someone posting spoilers in this forum before not too long ago? :p
  15. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Thats what private messages are for.

Again. Thanks Xentavious
  16. ARCHIVED-SageGaspar Guest

At the risk of derailing this post onto the original topic: so, uh... the behemoth, huh. Anyone have any thoughts now that we know a bit more about it? Where is this place where the last behemoth is supposed to be kicking? Is it still alive?
  17. ARCHIVED-IrishWonder Guest

The way I understood it is that the bones in Nektulos are from that last Behemoth that the book talks about. In Vhalen's post, he said he dined with Jusathorn and first saw the book back in the Age of Turmoil. Vhalen also noted that the bones in the Nektulos were from a Behemoth that was killed during the Age of War, which is of course after the Age of Turmoil. So if there was one left at the time of writing that book during the Age of Turmoil, and then one was killed afterwards, during the Age of War, then those bones have to be it :smileywink: Meaning no more Behemoths are left :smileysad:

I'm wondering what force was powerful enough to slay that beast. I don't think the Rallosian Army marched through Nektulos Forest... they approached Freeport from the south, through the Desert of Ro. Certainly nothing that we've uncovered in Nektulos Forest thus far would have the power to stop a being like that. Hmmm.....
  18. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

Curses! I went looking everywhere round zarvonn yeserday but could find nothing and had limited time *Shakes fist*
  19. ARCHIVED-AgentAce Guest

Need a little help on this one. I found the binder and all that but, after 1.5 hours of searching I found all the pages except 6 and 7. Are they in a different area than the others?
  20. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Hmm I had to go back into the Valley of Zarvon 3 times before I finally collected all the pages. Since they don't respawn, you just gotta exit and reenter again and again untill you find them.