The Behemoth

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Sartredes, May 16, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Sartredes Guest

Other than the quest to find proof of his existance, there is no other info that I could find on this dragon whose bones now reside within the center of Nektulos. Nektulos seems so unlike the natural habitat of most other dragons on Norrath. Any thoughts on why he might of taken residence in the forest and what may have happened to him? The death of a dragon seems a remarkable enough event that some record, verbal or written, of it should exist somewhere, especially since it happened in an area so close to the homelands of other intelligent races.
  2. ARCHIVED-Mareth Guest

In the quest you mention, is it not said that he was the guardian, or something like that, of Nektulos? Or somehow collaborating with the Teir'Dal?
    Message Edited by LordSarig on 05-16-2006 04:04 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Sinect Guest

You getting this from a quest? or stumble upon some remains?
  4. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Actually, I would think that it would be very easy dragon remains to stay hidden like that for that long.

If Norrath was actually a 1:1 scale with the Planet Earth, the Island that Behemoth Pond is located on would be about the size of Rhode Island. The rest of the forest would be large enough to cover the entire New England states (waging a guess here...)

That much territory is easy for a single dragon to live and die in Nektulos without anyone ever finding out it ever existed...

The fact that only it's ribcage remains though, suggests to me that someone or something killed it, since there'd deffinitly be a huge dragon skull somewhere unless something carried it off.
  5. ARCHIVED-WarSheol Guest

Was out there looking around earlier, its tail or most of it is also in tact.
    Looked as if not only was the head missing but so wwas the wings and the legs.
    The skeleton there would almost seem to be that of a giant fish, But ... in that particular spot there are many downed and broken tree's, many stumps to.
    In the area out side of that the tree's are perfectly normal.
    I would have to guess and is only a wild guess, lesser dragons or drakota'smay have killed it and taken the wings and such as proof to who ever was behind the plot to kill it.
    With no wings, legs or head left behind even if some one tried to ressurect this thing it would be a waste of time.
  6. ARCHIVED-Pyrrhonic Guest

That's good thinking.
  7. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I'm pretty sure that that he was a giant( and a Giant among giants) not a dragon. It also fits the left over bones.
  8. ARCHIVED-WarSheol Guest

Giants dont have tails, and I saw remains of a rather large tail.
    With out the tail would be hard to tell though considering the lack of other limbs.
  9. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Tail, or lower spine? looks like when he died he was severed in two.
  10. ARCHIVED-Vhalen Guest

What you see before you are remains the likes of which you have never seen. Very, very few Norrathians even know this creature once walked on Norrath. Now, what is it? And why are its remains resting in Nektulos Forest? So many events took place between the Age of Turmoil and the Age of Destiny. Many of these are not important to current events, but may be spoken of someday.
  11. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

Argh less of the cryptic!!
  12. ARCHIVED-TheFates Guest

Eh, I always got the impression that it was more like a dinosaur than anything. I know, I know. EQ2 is all about the dragons, not really dinos... but that's just what it reminded me of. That, along with the way the NPC talks about it and just it's name. The Behemoth.
  13. ARCHIVED-Akaran2 Guest

Didn't there use to be some big [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] 'thing' living in Lake Rathetear durring EQ1 (at least in Beta, before it was removed?) ? Always remembered rumors about it... could be the critter.
  14. ARCHIVED-Decipio243 Guest

Could be the Alizawar or whatever the exact name was from EQ1 took a road trip! :)
  15. ARCHIVED-Mary the Prophetess Guest

"....the likes of which you have never seen."

Hmmm, what remains have we seen?
    We have seen dragon skeletons in EQ Live. We have seen Sarnak skeletons in EQ Live. We have seen undead dragons and Sarnak in EQ Live. We have seen Drakota in EQ2. Is there any other beast or creature of which we have knowledge of, either real or imagined, that could be remotely related to dragons or other reptilians?
    Also, on a side note, wasn't there also a very large dragon skeleton located in the Steamfont Mountains somewhere?
  16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

The Megalodon. It was a shark that was larger than 3 Hill Giants stacked on top of each other. It was removed due to pathing issues with the islands and stuff.
  17. ARCHIVED-Tarkin-Wretched Guest

if i remember correctly, the quest Nox'hil gives you describes The Behemoth as a guardian but i dont recall anything about it being a dragon. strikes me as the remains of a dinosaur. its been a long time since eq1 but i thought i remembered a beast in lake rathe that resembled a threshadon. i could be confusing it with WoW though since they had them as well. i dont recall it being a giant shark model but cusa may be right. i hope it isnt a dino though. i dont want dev's to get any dumb ideas and some future expansion to be ungoro crater.
  18. ARCHIVED-WarSheol Guest

The bottum of the rib cage seems to be what caused the large dent in the land scape that is the pond itsel.
    The Behemoth pond stops at the end of the ribcage in almost every direction.
    id have to assume the creature was thrown down to the ground really hard or crashed into the ground to create what is now a pond.
    As I posted above about the tree's in this area, there most likely was a destructive arial battle.
    Last I checked fish dont fly, but some thing that does fly could have carried some thing that didnt.
    Remains of the Behemoth most deffinatly have a tail and ribcage but not much else.
    Maybe would be easier to figure out if we knew who or what attacked it.
    Message Edited by WarSheol on 05-19-2006 09:34 AM
  19. ARCHIVED-KnightOfTheWord Guest

You know...I like mysteries like this. Maybe someday the Behemoth will come back to life and start terrorizing Norrath or at least some innocent adventurers in Nek Forest...:smileyhappy:
  20. ARCHIVED-WarSheol Guest

As I mentioned in a earlier post, What good would it do to bring this thing back to life?

Missing body parts = Head, legs, wings, arms?

All limbs but tail are gone.