Thank you!

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Feney, Jan 11, 2014.

1. RadarX Community Manager

Folks we need to keep this constructive and on topic. Please keep in mind we are moderating non-compliant posts.
  2. Ainaree Well-Known Member

I think Eye of Sontalak, Blooded Hoops, Wurmlord's Wrist of the Ethereal, and Ahrmatal's Ringmail Purse may be the only real problem items in PvP. Just scale back the damage like almost everything else in PvP and just let people have their toys. Variety is fun. Make them all as third as effective and let us go.
    Slant, Fetish, Dethrayzin and 3 others like this.
  3. Pippin Active Member

Ill make a point - seeing it obviously did not hit home...

Aspect of the dragon... does damage to your team... SOOOOOOO heres the clincher (still with me ?).... when the opposing team wear it... and hit someone.. a lot... like say a "tank" - that tank (tricky bit coming) then has a chance to roll a tonload of damage onto the team that are stupid enough to wear the item that procs it.... they did not nerf the reflect damage part when they nerfed the damage you do wearing it.

So wearing the item u do 10k here 10k there - but get reflected an occasionall 100-150k... when everyone and their mother beat up on a tank that tank then does a motherload of dps due to them being gifted the reflect of 100k plus per proc...

When tanks taunt... they make idiots wearing said item give thsoe tanks non stop uber dps due to this... not due to tanks who fail to comprehend these mechanics not wearing them....

I hope thats clear now - u wearing it does no notable damage for you - it does for the opposing team... let me know if I have to spell it out more... in case reading this is a challenge....

I read what you wrote and disagree completely with your the sky is falling down the procs are going synopsis... clear enough ?
    Slant, Mopeygothic and Pawder like this.
  4. Stylish Active Member

Groups that are having success now will have even greater success when procs are removed.
    Undergeared players (where procs make up a significant portion of dps) will get hit the hardest.
    Fetish and Mopeygothic like this.
  5. Savej Active Member

First, off..THIS. You have ingame polls about the most trivial stuff in the game, house-zoning for instance got all that attention even tho it was NOT really an issue, nor did your fix remove any trivial issue it was causing (see Dungeonmaker porting). You clearly thought this expansion thru quite a bit, and you had a firm course, fine, you didn't test things with your community and you suffered some backlash. Now, the only reason I can see you reversing course at this point is because you believe the community wants this change. FIND OUT. Don't take the same 3 people's word for everything that create these threads ad nauseum....isn't that a clue they have an agenda, btw? No, ASK US. You did it for like the silliest of trivialities-do it now for something that actually MATTERS. Make an in-game poll, all servers. Maybe, juuuust maybe, give a slight nod to the results from Nagafen, seeing as how its your one and only flagship server for PvP, but parse it carefully in conjunction from what you hear from all the blue servers and determine if you truly ARE making a change the community desires. Not this oh, btw, since we've been outed from an email, we are slipping in this thing 1.28 Enjoy!
    Fetish and Clairvoyiant like this.
  6. Savej Active Member

Again, please, you are closely paralleling my stance and I would LIKE to agree w/you, but you're using horrible examples which only threaten to undermine the important points. Blooded Hoops for one, does NOT work in pvp. You are confusing your pve experiences here.
  7. Trasor Active Member

While not usually active on forums or anything, I would just like to say a few things. I understand that my voice probably does not carry a lot of weight but I can definitely say some things that I feel should be recognized. The PvP in all aspects of the PvP servers have changed for the worse...I started out playing lower level PvP on the Vox server because it was manageable and with the creation of Darklight Wood and Timorous Deep put a lot of lower level players in new zones leveling up in essential hubs for PvP.

After that, we made the Carnaged lower level zones, essentially removing the incentives to play at lower levels. After that, I moved to playing higher level PvP, in Kylong Plains with the mythical weapons and the class PvP and Raid gear. That was EQ2's golden age for me, frostfell was popping every winter and if we weren't there we were in KP...there was always PvP.

And then battlegrounds happened, while I was initially optimistic, I really only would use them to streamline the process for which I got my gear, as well as for a lot of other PvPers on my server. This created a positive feedback loop: in order for people to get gear to beat others, they had to do BGs, they kill someone in the open world, that person does not like being killed and looks at their options for getting gear, the quickest is to do bgs, they get gear in bgs, and the cycle continues until everyone is fully geared, this to me was acceptable without the procs because these days the stats weren't so inflated and actually made logical sense to the point where the classes were actually being effective at what they were designed to do.

Forward to today, I believe the solution is not to eliminate procs, because that is a very sudden change and a lot of people spent a lot of hours, again, grinding BGs and not in the open world, because of this. I also do not believe that scaling combat arts up would make sense either because say you have the dreadnaught gear, and say you are fighting someone that does not, sure the procs help you some, I will acknowledge I can definitely see the effects, yet they don't make or break the situation, a better pvper with less gear should beat a worse pvper with greater gear, and if the better geared person gets scaled up combat arts, there is no stopping that, the discrepancy between the levels of gear is too high with scaled up combat arts instead of procs.

On the note of the pvp server, in no circumstances should that be allowed to servers other than Nagafen, they get their slice of life in the battlegrounds, and if they were serious about PvP they should come to Nagafen so they can help our population issue.

Before anything they do here, I would like to see them listen to someone other than Dantiss and Displaced, they really do not represent the full server, I believe they actually represent interests that are mostly different from the remainder of the server, from what I can tell through other guilds I have talked to and other people I have talked to.

SOE's options should be: remove procs, now when they do this they should add toughness or lethality or some level for us to receive benefits from the jewelry that we have received, or they should give tokens back or some other in game reward, they should not scale up combat arts because that further increases the rift between the levels of gear, and as a new player friendly game that makes the incentive to be on Nagafen even worse. They can leave procs as they are and keep abilities as they are, only removing select ones that could be voted on or looked at to see if they are too much unaligned with the characteristics of certain classes: for instance the scale charm with immunities and the 55K ward should not be able to be used by a scout, since when can scouts do serious healing?

To sum it up, all I am asking for is if they make a major change, like they have done in the past, they should back it up and be prepared for criticism and make the appropriate changes, that doesn't mean completely altering things, because don't forget the new armor was designed to accompany the procs. If the developers are willing to take everyone's voice in, even mine over a "Well-Known Member" or someone who has the emails of a developer, it would be appreciated. If you remove procs, scale down the gear, don't up the combat arts, because scaling down the gear moves towards more equality between gear levels and combat art escalation does not.
    Savej and Clairvoyiant like this.
  8. Clairvoyiant Member

I didn't read most of your wall of text but i am sure i agree with most of it. But the example you used is bad. Any skilled pvper would realize quickly that the item is only giving them the benefits if they are standing in the extremely small circle on the ground which gives you 2 options. 1. Simply lose line of sight or force them to follow you out of the extremely small circle or 2. You could just stand there and realize later how easy step 1 is.
    Savej likes this.
  9. Trasor Active Member

Sorry about that, added some breaks in there! I understand what you mean about that particular piece, it is just to make a point though. However, you do bring up a good point that with procs, there is now an additional level of strategy that I think is beneficial to PvP
    Clairvoyiant likes this.
  10. Flower New Member

I disagree. Please SOE, make Nagafen the server for open world PvP. Give people more reasons to PvP there, than they do in BG's. That way both customers can be happy. The peeps that want to play on a red server, will...because they will have reasons. Currently people on blue servers have the best of both worlds...they get fast easy rewards from BG's, and get to quest in safety on their blue server.

...and if anyone at SOE is taking suggestions on to what would revive Nagafen, by giving that server something that BG's doesn't have...a reason to roll on the red server instead of blue...well, make Nagafen free for all PvP. Keep the level restrictions, ease up the immunity...and make it FFA. You would see a massive influx of new toons being rolled there or transferred there. That alone would probably be all you need to do.
    Clairvoyiant likes this.
  11. Tobez New Member

I would love to have people from other servers zone to naggy for there quote unquote bg updates or warzone lol the mass amount of open world pvp there would be could be insane
    Clairvoyiant likes this.
  12. Juhe New Member

Not me!!!!!!!! the wf doesn't work with 30 people just think if there where more people the sever never be up..
  13. Vengeance New Member

[/QUOTE]
    I agree with Joys here...an in game mail should be sent out to ask the whole population what they really want. Just like the one about getting engaged when hit in pvp. Only a few people post on these forums and the rest usually just hope for the best, but take a look at how many new members feel so strongly about this that they actually took the time to create an account just to post. Procs add difference to the game....just like adding non cookie cutter pvp gear did... gearing up a toon is a pvp skill, to chose the right gear for the right reasons takes thinking and dedication. It gives a player pride and excitement in their character when they finally get the piece they had been working towards either through pvp or pve. If you take all procs out what use is pve to a pvper. Its mind numbing without the reward. All a mob does is sit and hit with a script that can be predicted, It takes a lot more skill to kill a unpredictable person that wants to live as much as u do. If soe is going to fix something let it be all the lag in WFs, ATM its disheartening going to a wf and it crashes 2 min after it starts or you die cause u were clicking your emergency for 15 sec but it didnt go off due to lag....not only do u lose out on tokens but everyone seems to call out soon as they log back in so u lose out on the main reason u went to the WF in the first place, real PVP.
    Slant and Daalilama like this.
  14. Dequi Active Member

I think the main reason that procs are being removed is because the game hardware can't handle it which means Warfields crash repeatedly. If Nagafen is to be opened up to other servers then the decision to remove procs is absolutely essential.

The game was balanced pre expansion, the most it has ever been since PvP was launched in EQ2 and I hope we can get back to achieving that balance again.

The next important matter that needs to be addressed is crusader % based heals, when a Paladin / SK can heal as much as they can deal out in damage and stand up to x2 and x3's they are a broken class.

After that we need to have a serious look at Channeler's heal abilities.
    Allesa and Biotic like this.
  15. Savej Active Member

Mind telling us the source of your beliefs?
    or is it the very same mentality that gets us in these snafus in the first place when individuals take it upon themselves to assume things, then post it as 'fact'?
    Daalilama and Trasor like this.
  16. Lndi Member

You are too funny Juhe.

Najek has never used a jumpy mount, glider or merc. You coming here and making statements that he is not good at his toon just shows your noobishness. He is not claiming to be the best but just does his best. But many people know he is a capable pvper.

You come into WF's all immunity and start trash talking him. Calling him a kitty in not so nice terms, then fly up into the air to be safe.

Well he just went up there and dismounted from his WINGS and shot you down. It was just you and him so why not fight him? You were dead by the time I got there and I got no credit. :(

Then when Razor logs in you get brave again.. You are right. We need to protect new people coming in from people like you.

BTW Good fight Teir 14 and XXX. They are going to need to do something about these endless battles between decently geared toons.

Not complaining here but our grp mates ran off and left us to die to you all, so you guys deserved the kills.
    Tobez likes this.
  17. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Sharpsticks,

Where did I ever say I wanted toughness and lethality removed from pvp gear and raid gear to be king as you say for a long time? Never did I for once push to remove toughness or lethality but I'd be interested in you letting me know where you came up with that opinion.

As for pve gear being usable in pvp your darn right I have been pushing for that removing them in the first place was a major mistake as it brought a split between the pve and pvp players on the pvp server as you dam well know are so interconnected what affects one affects the other period. But I have also called repeatedly for readjustments on the pve proc items to be better adjusted overall.
  18. sharpsticks Active Member

Daalilama,

You may or may not have said specifically that you want toughness/lethality removed but you have stated in the past that you do not believe in the separation of pvp/pve gear so same thing imo. pve gear is usable in pvp but the end line pvp gear happens to trump the end line pve raid gear with toughness/lethality being the defining factor,i do not promote the removal of procs i do think toughness should be added to all tiers of pvp gear. i have said in the past and will say again that contested zone or open world drops that are usable in pvp would be a great help to revive nagafen it is the food that feeds pvp, i just do not believe that one should have to raid 40 hours a week to be able to compete in pvp with someone who does. different play styles and time are the factor for a lot of players. i would support adding toughness/lethality to end game raid gear as i believe you earned it your way, but just make sure adorns are equal for all and sacrifices like lethality do not have to be made as they do now with the current adornment system. make it so blue adorns are obtained from random rare open world pvp kills contested zones and open world mob drops for example.

Doing zones in between war fields and daily bg to try to get a nice proc on a jewelry piece has been good fun and a great addition to my game play this expac i just wish i was looking over my shoulder waiting for pvp to hit in a contested zone to do it! or better yet hunting that zone (with track lol) to try to stop some one from getting it!
  19. freep4life New Member

I would like to make a few suggestions. I believe dreadnaught gear should, with open world PVP become damaged beyond repair causing the wearer to have to replace it with the many tokens they seem to have no trouble getting by playing this game 24/7 while others can never seem to catch up before another major change takes place keeping 2/3's of us playing a never ending game of catchup. Also a few more safe areas to encourage people to venture out into the world, not just 60 sec of immunity to try to get a piece of gear without being ganked. A certain amount of safety in our home city without exiles with faction walking freely past our guards. The reforgers and city merchants etc. are not even remotely safe. Maybe when making a transaction an epic guard would one shot an attacker who interferes with the transaction.
    I witnessed many 85 heroic toons come to naggy for the first time trying to experience our pvp with the hopes of increasing our population only to see them disappear just as quickly because they never got a chance to leave freeport without being ganked 6 times in as many minutes. Nice welcoming party of title seeking gankers at our docks with no way to defend themselves. The problems with naggy beyond procs that keep crusaders alive for 10 minutes with a x2 beating on them and fame farming and elitist attitude of those who think no one should ever be able to kill them because for whatever reason, cries of 1v1 when ganked but powned when they do it to others. Trolling has gotten out of hand the ability to speak in common was a mistake.
    Greenfuzziefrog likes this.
  20. sharpsticks Active Member

We have all paid our dues many times on Nagafen its what makes our server unique! If you want safe zones to gear up there are countless blue servers to do it on. BG will provide you with pvp on your own terms.then transfer to Naggy when you think your ready. If you come to Naggy from the start you run the risk of pvp on a pvp server (pay your dues) take your beatings learn from it get better gear learn your class and move on. Its the cruel unforgiving land of Nagafen that is pvp. Catering to people getting but hurt is not an option, you will get tea baged, humped called nub, scrub, and many other expletives here in pvp land its just part of it all. so if your sensitive Nagafen isn't the place for you!

Have you herd the official Nagafen greeting? Hello Nagafen reply...SHUT THE @#$% UP!