Thank you!

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Feney, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Delethen Active Member

With respect, thats total ****. Removing procs was only ever going to make BGs less appealing to the average pve raider for instance, and also it was not a mistake to remove a lot of those borderline god mode procs in the first place.
  2. Feara Well-Known Member

I do not belong in here but I had to say how cool it was to see such a nice thread title posted in the PvP. I had to take a look.

Cherrio
  3. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Not sure if serious...
  4. Feldon Well-Known Member

Feara gets it. :)
  5. Pawder Active Member

Look folks, we all play this game through the worst times and the best times. I posted what the email contained to show where I got my information about the proc removal. If everyone wants to be negative and rip it apart, then that is your right. I would rather looks at it as a light at the end of a very very long tunnel. I like to see procs implemented in a much more balanced way. I believe they need to peel off events to get to the core problem of balance. I expect nothing but hope for the best. I will stay positive and hope that after a few major patches and testing, we will have a much better game. I would almost bet they put a token reward on pvp writs. If players that play and are very successful would just take a step back and look at the game as a whole, I think they would see that the game has been a chain of bad choices on SoE's part. The little guy gets stomped, the big guys don't want anything to change because they are doing the stomping. While the pecking order is always going to be there, as it should, I think the gear/items are just plain out of whack. Im hoping for balance through testing. Testing and input from players but not just from players. They need to know what works and know what chain of events cause items to not work as intended. Meanwhile, I remain calm and take this game for what it is, entertainment. I respect other forum members for their constructive opinions and thoughts. I hope for the same in return. Good hunting.
  6. Windstalker Executive Producer

Howdy Norrathians,

We noticed some discussion around communication from Dave Georgeson, our Director of Dev, regarding PvP and wanted to clarify a few things. We've made a few adjustments since Dave shared information on our release schedule and want to provide a few more details on our upcoming plans for PvP (we have other stuff too):
    1. On Jan. 28 we are releasing some PvP fixes. One of them is to remove the procs. There will be a few other adjustments as well as rewards added.
    2. In the first half of February, our Systems team will be focused fully on PvP issues and fixes and the results of those changes will appear at the end of February with No.3 below.
    3. Provided it’s a fun experience and works well, the Design team has plans for what they call a “PvP Warzone” on tap for Nagafen for the last week of February. It sounds like a LOT of fun to me, but I’ll let Kander explain the details in the coming weeks as it gets more refined.

We as a team care and are passionate about every play style we support and we plan to address them all throughout the year. More news to come!

Sincerely, as always,

Holly Longdale
    Senior Producer, EverQuest II
  7. sharpsticks Active Member

And you are guilty of this too! you have been pushing your own agenda for years wanting raid gear to be king for example when most of us have no time nor do we want to raid!
  8. sharpsticks Active Member

please make the warzone accessible
    to blue servers from the hub
  9. Savej Active Member

On Jan. 28 we are releasing some PvP fixes. One of them is to remove the procs. RIP PVP.

Way to lead us down a road then put a cliff at the end of it. Why is it that you cannot foresee the consequences, you make this major mechanical change to the game, give everyone 10X as many hps, then 4 months later, woops! Sorry folks, we're gonna completely abolish the construct of the game that you've been playing, have a nice day!
    Trasor and Smoothwards like this.
  10. Nslavyur New Member

Thats what started a lot of the problem is pvp from blue servers (bg) you want open world/zone pvp you should have to come to Naggy
    Flower and Pawder like this.
  11. Juhe New Member

i better get all my damn tokens back. The gms sucks they don't know **** about pvp sever. they cant even fix the WF!
    Trasor and Nslavyur like this.
  12. sharpsticks Active Member

thats what i meant let them zone in from the hub to new naggy war zone no trade no broker no flying mounts ect
  13. Creasote Well-Known Member

I have been against procs from the beginning and I am still against them being pvp encounter major factors. But I have made many gear choices with the jewelry based on procs, will we get our tokens back? Free adornment dislodgers too?

Gear is not cheap, will there be a remedy for this major decision?
    Trasor likes this.
  14. Dantiss Active Member

Alot of people that want procs to stay i dont think realize the trouble they cause not only with lag but with hours trying to balance every single one of them. I am personally excited for cookie cutter skill based pvp(granted Balances are met accordingly)

Warzones though, i look forward to hearing more details, hopefully blue server would be able to join in on this new event.
  15. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Sharpsticks way to remain clueless....and totally off point. Complaining that you are unable or unwilling to do pve content (group or raid) to acquire them as the next player as a reason to remove pve procs from pvp not only is pathetic but sad.

As for Delethan last I checked you have only been on Naggy for what not even 2 years now so not sure how you have an idea of what occurred when soe decided wrongly to implement BG's on all servers not just the bluebie ones. Every piece of proc gear that was used pvp and pve was fast in the crosshairs for a nerf many called for by the blue server players so you can sit there calling it horse pucky all you want I was there like many you were not.
  16. Nslavyur New Member

I meant PVP other than bg should be strictly for toon based on Naggy that will bring back some population not a lot but will help. if people can come and go like bg there won't be a pop increase.
  17. Delethen Active Member

What exactly does me being on Nagafen have to do with you talking about pve players complaining about procs in BGs?
  18. Regolas Well-Known Member

I thought the procs were to combat the stupidly high HP we now have....

It's so difficult killing a well geared tank and healer combo currently. No idea how it'll be post change.
  19. Thetmes Active Member

This made me lol, and remember an old saying about a pot
  20. Xray Active Member

Alot of stuff we hoped for, just want to remind the system team to make sure we dont actually need a x3 or x4 to kill anything. And lets just keep moderate expectations, because I learned that greater expectation comes with greater disapointment. Things will get fixed slowly, but surely.