Thank you!

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Feney, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Exur Well-Known Member

Ugh.. hate adding to this..

They don't.
    Why are you complaining? No choice for you is being taking away. NONE!
    I lived this dream for months prior to ToV release... there were no procs and every class could shine. My conj shined, my Dirge and Troub shined, my Templar shined, my Illusionist shined. Classes played well shined.
    And you think Bards just started to come into their own this expansion pack? They have been amazing for years not. You've been gone too long...
    You, me and everyone else! They're not good at it, so here we are... again.

No one is taking your itemization away.. we all were the same procs. The STAT itemization you want will remain. Most cap in PvP, but others don't. Could procs come back "scaled" right.. sure and I hope so. Then we ALL win. But until that days happens, it's terrible combat with Procs. The most important ability I have right now is making sure my auto attack goes off. Is that really that desirable?
    Dantiss likes this.
  2. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

I doubt it would need to take a 140% increase to CA's but that is not the only option. Lethality and Toughness can be adjusted accordingly aswell so we can find the sweet spot between dps and survivability.
  3. Exur Well-Known Member

To be truthful, I'd rather chase away game jumpers then chase away the EQ2 core.

... but keep dueling without procs and the Dragon death prevent I don't like too. You're generating some really valid points! ;)
  4. Xakanis Active Member

5. Xakanis Active Member

Duel me. You will not even trigger my death prevent without procs. I could cast a single vitae over, and over and you probably will not move my health.

Put procs on, you might get me to 50%.

Waiting for your tell in game.
  6. Xakanis Active Member

Without procs I doubt you could break my single target vitae right now. I just checked and I have 540k hit points. Even with procs, one person can not kill me. Let alone trigger my death prevent. At the very least they need to remove any penalty on abilities from PvP servers with the current hit points.

On my parse procs are accounting for 33% to as much as 66% of everyones damage. The largest after this is auto attacks.
  7. Xakanis Active Member

You are too funny. I suppose you've played one game your entire life? How boring. :)

Let us look at expansions without procs, and the issues they had and the balance lie you're putting out there.

DoV - People practically one shot everyone. First one without procs. Wasn't balanced.
    Skyshrine - People like my sons wizard would wipe entire groups in less than 20 seconds. Wasn't balanced.
    Chains of Eternity - This was the most balanced of them all, but my sons Inquisitor could get someone to 50%, and easily burst them out. Still wasn't balanced.

Where was the balance Exur?

Right now the game has been the most balanced I've ever seen it, and my children who have always played has seen it. Fights are still long, but you can actually fight.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

The thing that you all seem to be forgetting (SOE included) is that Nagafen has been a barren wasteland for many years, not just since 2010 when BGs went in, lol. That was another nail in the coffin, but the body was already stone cold by then.

I take this to mean that SOE has given up on poor Naggy, though (and no longer has the staffing to do anything even if they wanted to).

And what is this with Smed/Smoke and Planetside? Sheesh! We're like the readheaded stepchildren over here. :p
  9. Exur Well-Known Member

I'd never publish my profile.. find me and try and inspect me. I run and jump non-stop so good luck. But for entertainment reasons, you're a healer and I'm DPS and we still wear 3 of the same things/procs... and how's that heroic opportunity proc work in PvP for you?

And fighting you "now" without procs is pointless. My comments are what's called sarcasm. Let me repost something for you:

I seriously need to move on from this point, as I feel like people are laughing at these posts.

Stay Cool!
  10. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but this right here is the most ridiculously naive post I have seen in a while. You are basing everything off of what "your kids" think they know, which by what you say they are saying is over exaggerated or just completely false. There is no comparison to the imbalance issues of the past expansions to this expansion. Never in the near decade of Eq2 has an expansion been this poorly executed.
    Dethrayzin likes this.
  11. Juhe New Member

12. Xakanis Active Member

You're kidding right? I've been back three weeks. I first had to get to 95 on the toon, and finally had to get max AA. After that, I've been throwing on any gear I could get, including that PvE item.

Your point? <laughs> :)

If I can compete with fully geared toons with high damage procs in such a short amount of time, why can't you? Why are procs so hard for you to fight against that you need the developers to change the game for you?

None of us have absolutely no idea what SoE is going to do, so we can try to base it off what they have done in the past. Their track record speaks in favor of me, rather than you though. So laugh all you want. The joke will be on you.
  13. Thetmes Active Member

Each one of those statements you made listed above are true before PvP gear updates and balance updates for PvP that occurred after the release of the expansion. At release of each of those expansions things were very unstable in PvP due to PVE damage being so much higher at release and PvP gear not being upgraded at release as well as stat inflation.

It was however balanced after the updates for PvP gear and PvP balance issues mentioned at release.
  14. Exur Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, did someone suggest I'm struggling? I'm not asking for help, I'm asking for a better combat system.
    Dethrayzin likes this.
  15. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Xakanis I don't think it's wise to assume that someone is struggling in pvp because they enjoy a far more competitive balanced combat system instead of having their auto attack/proc's do the work for them.
    Dethrayzin likes this.
  16. Xakanis Active Member

What suggestions have you made that didn't start with; "Remove <insert issue> from the game"? People generally do not make complaints about something unless they are having issues with it.

For example, I have a major issue that the purple adornments do not compare to the blue adornments. I also have a major issue being required to carry multiple gear sets, so I can PvP with my boys, and PvE with my wife. It's absurd to require one to have to grind out multiple sets of armor, to enjoy the entirety of the game.
  17. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

That logic....
  18. Xakanis Active Member

How long did it take to fix the issues, and did they really fix them?
  19. Dethrayzin Active Member

QFE
  20. Thetmes Active Member

Some took longer than others but yes they did
    Dethrayzin likes this.