Suspending accounts for exploiting

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by ABlocal, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ABlocal New Member

It was gotten legit, He legit brought an item from a vendor on the other side of the game and transported it to another vendor which then brought the item legit. Amount an frequency has nothing to do with it. If someone offers you money to take a spell accross the zone are you gonna sit there an tell me your would turn them down?

This isn't an exploit its a commercial transaction. Its not like you can just click once and get 1000p you actually had to do something in order to earn the 10p
  2. Yards Well-Known Member

Playing the broker game is not even remotely the same thing. This plat exploit essentially created plat out of thin air, the broker game is simply moving plat around the economy not flooding it with illegitimate plat.
    Juraiya, -Soteria-, Dedith and 10 others like this.
  3. Labeleth Member

so when you sell something any other way you shouldn't expect coin from the merchant? come on now face, you're smarter than that. plat given by merchants have an identifier just like any other coin. if this plat was created out of no where, then it would be a true exploit and be cause for ban/suspension.
  4. Yards Well-Known Member

Lol, there is no way you are going to convince me or anyone else with half a brain that you truly think this wasn't an exploit. You knew when you were doing it that it was not intended and that it would essentially send the economy of the game into total chaos, but you decided to do it anyway. If I were a dev I would suspend people too for trying to deliberately sabotage the economy which is what happened. You basically found your very own mint for plat in the game and abused it to no end. I do find it rather amusing the excuses people try to make when they are caught red handed though.
    Juraiya, Foretold, Monstuhr and 12 others like this.
  5. Labeleth Member

i don't have to convince you or anyone how buy low sell high works... it's been in effect since commerce was a thing. the only reason i did it was to progress my infusion gear, which is an absurd concept in of itself. seeing as this is the way of the game, i didn't really need much motivation to cancel my accounts anyways. the only regret i have is that i put up with soe/daybreak's continued downward spiral for what was once a quality game
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I really have to laugh at those trying to legitimize what they were doing. You can not possibly be so thick (unless you are like 10-12 years old) to think that it wasn't exploiting to buy something for that cheap on a NPC vendor and resell it to another NPC vendor for astronomically more. Doing it over and over again when you know it must be a bug is pretty much the textbook definition of an exploit. That is the kind of thing you look at when you find and think "dang, that can't be right, let me check that again." "Well, it happened again. That's messed up." /bug report.
    You don't just keep doing it unless you want to run the risk of getting banned/suspended.
    Juraiya, Sogapa, Kittybock and 8 others like this.
  7. Labeleth Member

possibly, their lack of caring probably contributed to mine. i will say this tho, if a rule is not clearly defined than it leaves anything open to punishment
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

The rules are pretty clear and have been for a very long time.

12. You will not exploit any bug in EverQuest II and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits in game), either directly or through public posting, to any other user of EverQuest II. You will promptly report any such bug via the in-game "/bug" command. You may also report any such bugs/exploits by submitting a customer service help ticket through our in-game petition process.
  9. ABlocal New Member

Pricing of merchants is not a bug. Its server side controlled. A bug is getting something you shouldn't. Pricing structures of the merchants are totally controlled by the dev's. A bug is not.
  10. Labeleth Member

so a dev's misplaced decimal point is a bug now? is that what they call sloppy back checking? because the merchants were acting the exact way i was expecting them to in relation to past interactions. the intention was not clear now nor has it been in the past for plenty of things thru out the game. personally, i thought that was kind of the allure.. figure out how things work. sudden changes happen all the time without notice and i'm supposed to know what is intended? there was a merchant that gave 20% higher amounts for everything regardless and everyone sold to that merchant, not a single ban/suspension. the reforger's items being sold to the city merchant allowed players to gain status points relatively easily, barely a peep. how am i, or any one supposed to know what is going thru a dev's mind when we are not there to hold their hands thru the development process of any xpac? i'm definitely not a mind reader and only go off what i know

but thank you for showing me that i will be at fault regardless of what MY intention is while playing a game that is constructed on half a.s.s. spell/grammar checking, because i surely did not have any unnatural or unintended benefits that any other player couldn't have easily obtained.
    Eradani and Estarion like this.
  11. Denzello Member

I have to say I used the bug as well and made around 30k, now perma banned it seems.

I dont really understand this, after 9 years of never having done anything wrong (can check my account record, its this one), i get a weak moment and banned for life? with all the toons I worked hard for gearing them out and spending god knows how much money to marketplace? really? no chance of remorse at least? its like you send a robber to jail for life and punish him like a murder.
    I could live with a week suspention or two even, and give me the chance to think about my actions, especially since there was no 3rd party programs used that wouldve justified a perma ban, people can better you know ,)
    So Please, Holly or Kandar or Caith or whoever is in charge, give us at least the chance of coming back with our toons.
    I wouldnt even mind if you deleted all my gear and reset my platinum to zero on top of that, as punishment, but please please let us have back our 10+ yr account with all the toons on it.
  12. oranges Member

Since they can get the lead out for something like this, can we put this same energy into removing the botters that are still in contested?

Or the krono duping on Drunder that's just moved to a non Drunder account via EQ1?
    Ajjantis likes this.
  13. Wurm Well-Known Member

Thanks for proving what I said in the other thread. Its not the player's job to test exploits, only to report them.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  14. Wurm Well-Known Member

Or you could, you know, go do the zone and get the item yourself. For example my Lacerator dropped for me.
    Xillean, Ceyllynn and Iskandar like this.
  15. Wurm Well-Known Member

Just like real life, being a felon means you lose rights.

http://thelawdictionary.org/article/what-rights-do-convicted-felons-lose/

You stole, you got caught, you now have to deal with your decisions.

*edit* And stop calling it a bug. you used an exploit.
    Juraiya, Sigrdrifa, Ceyllynn and 4 others like this.
  16. Wurm Well-Known Member

Even though I agree that both should be punished equally...

People having a bunch of unearned status is not even close to being the same thing as flooding the servers with plat and ruining the economy for everyone.
    Kittybock, Xillean, Sigrdrifa and 2 others like this.
  17. Denzello Member

yeah but even felons get a right to re-enter society is what im saying, especially since I didnt used any 3rd party ******** or any other external stuff.
  18. Labeleth Member

yep, we pay them to make sure the BUGS that cause EXPLOITS are fixed before release and corrected in a timely manner if not done so at that point... at least that was part of the reason i paid for my accounts.

yeah? how long would you propose it takes to completely infuse it? cause without a steady group you definitely are not recouping the 50k+ it takes to max infuse it. again, the casual player can't keep up. who has the unfair advantage there?

how exactly do you steal from an npc? yeah... ok...

next
  19. Labeleth Member

you mean like buying krono off the broker and website and jacking up the price? weird that happened last xpac
  20. Iskandar Member

A mistake would be buying and selling the item once or twice and not reporting it as the obvious exploit that it is.

Repeating it 5,000 times (a feat that would require at least 105 48-slot bags full of nothing but the scroll) to earn your 50k goes a bit beyond a "mistake." =/
    Juraiya, Enoibia, Xillean and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.