Suspending accounts for exploiting

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by ABlocal, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baazingax New Member

I would except my account is suspended right now. However, I'm going through my logs atm.
  2. Veta Well-Known Member

Is that why this is coming from a forum account that has been a member since... oh, today?
    Yoube likes this.
  3. Baazingax New Member

Yeah, pretty much. I got suspended for saying in general chat there would be no suspensions like it was for the status exploit. I never touched it myself but got suspended.
  4. Awkk Well-Known Member

If this is true, all the more reason to never spend real money or time on a game, since you have no legal recourse.

How many times does it have to be said. The few people who were tricked into this yesterday, by the mysterious level 1 who blasted it in chat, DID NOT RUIN the economy. The Economy was ALREADY ruined by the people who used this to make MILLIONS over the last 3 months, and apparently got away with it. You are attacking the WRONG PLAYERS.

And if DBG are worried about their livelihood, they could have given those tricked players from yesterday a warning, and a chance to repay the plat they had made, and kept them on as happy playing, paying customers. Instead, it is very likely that by banning them to Drunder, they will lose many paying customers, maybe permanently. Are you suggesting that DBG may then come after them and sue them in a court of law for quitting the game? Seriously? Sounds to me like a very good reason to never play another video game, ever again, if that is a possibility!
  5. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I have no idea if what Mogrim is saying is true or not.

But DBG(SOE) has demonstrated many times in the past ignoring people that exploit, and the enforcement seems willy/nilly. Which is what I get out of what Mogrim is saying.

Certain people do seem to get insider information and act on it. And exploiters rarely get consequences. Which is again why I'm glad to see someone posting that there were consequences this time and hopefully going forward.
    Juraiya likes this.
  6. Baazingax New Member

If everyone who did this got suspended or banned then sure but not everyone was. The major people who did this exploit had no action upon them.
  7. rutro Well-Known Member

Baazinga-if you are the same person on AB that i think you are...i hope you rot on Drunder...lol! If you are...you were bragging in channel that you could never get banned...have fun!!
  8. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I don't know how you can say you know that, unless you are saying you know an exploiter who wasn't punished at all.

But some people are better at covering their tracks, and DBG doesn't have the personal to research it thoroughly works in some peoples favor. But maybe they are still researching it and bans are not done.
  9. Elostirion Well-Known Member

No I'm not. You weren't tricked. You knew it was wrong. You did it. Your only argument seems to be that you're ticked that you weren't able to cheat...MORE. You get included in the group to be blamed.

Improve your reading comprehension. Anyone who quits over this- either because they were banned or because they got fed up with having to deal with the aftermath, constitutes a measurable loss in revenue to DBG. Anyone who contributed to the cause- i.e. any of you despicable cheaters- constitutes the group to blame, i.e. culpable for that loss. Lawyer up, despicable cheater.

Go then. Please go. Pretty please with a cherry on top. Everyone like you, with your damaged moral compass, with your twisted belief that you can pee into the watershed and its everyone else's fault- go. Go far away and don't come back. You won't be missed. You are the reason we can't have nice things. The genre will be healthier without you.
    Juraiya, Meneltel and Ceyllynn like this.
  10. Roshen Well-Known Member

Closing this up.

If you had action taken against your account that you feel was inappropriate, please contact our team directly.

If you have information to share with our team about players that are exploiting, please don't do it in a public forum. Contact us directly, so our team can investigate.
    Raff, Juraiya, Xillean and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.