Suspending accounts for exploiting

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by ABlocal, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wurm Well-Known Member

Ummm sorry considering I didn't exploit anything, I guess I'll just keep playing the game. :)
    Neiloch, Ceyllynn and Kuulei like this.
  2. Labeleth Member

yep, suuuure, keep playing while you can
  3. GadZook New Member

Not really and I'm not making excuses for anything. The entire point of me posting here isn't to argue right or wrong bc I'm on the side of it having been wrong in the first place. The entire point is why are there people getting different punishments, or lack there of, for doing the same thing. The way it's been done just seems totally random on who got Drunder and who got suspensions. Why does 1 person that generated 12k get Drunder and the guy that did 45k gets suspension? This is what I have an issue with.
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

@ GadZook, Like I said, report anyone you think got away with it. (And sorry excuses are definitely what you have been making, one after another. But if it's going to help you sleep better at night feel free to continue to do so, just don't expect us to accept them or see them for anything other than what they are.).

@ Labeleth, Just stop, we both know you are full of it, even if I had of known about the exploit I wouldn't have done it. I make enough plat by just playing the game to support my toon and my guild. Having the most plat or having the biggest parse is not and will never be the reason I enjoy playing the game.
    Juraiya, Ceyllynn and Kuulei like this.
  5. Labeleth Member

you obviously care enough to keep posting, keeping tabs to see if they've caught on to you yet? it's okay, i know you're guilty and trying to hide it
  6. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

I find it really hard to believe that some people try to justify their actions. What you did was unintended. It might not be a "classic" bug or glitch but for damn sure very unintended. Commonsense is all you need.

Trying to tell us that its a normal economic circle that one NPC merchant sells you one thing for a low price while the other NPC merchant gives you 1000%+ for the same item, is highly comedic.

You are creating plat out of nowhere, how can you not understand this? How do you dare to come here and play the victim? Seriosly? You should be ashamed for using this exploit and you should be even more ashamed for coming here and justifying it. Stop it, you make yourself look like a real fool.

How players spend their money doesnt matter. They legally got their money and can spend it the way they want. A player can even gift another player 1000 plat, its noones business and hasnt anything to do with this exploit.

If you are concerned about other people not getting their rightfully punishment, go ahead. Blacklist them. It wont lift your own punishment and surely doesnt make you look better.

But for the love of god, stop arguing back and forth about this. There is no way around it. You messed up quite hard and i wish DBG would enforce their rules more often like this especially when it comes to botting.
    Juraiya, Iskandar, Sigrdrifa and 6 others like this.
  7. Labeleth Member

^ i 100000000000000% agree and then they can really kill EQ off for good lol
  8. Wurm Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: Your reading comprehension is as strong as your morals.
  9. Labeleth Member

yep, but you keep posting lol it's cool, i have no qualm about not paying db anymore, you're gonna be so sore when you get banned tho lol
  10. Denzello Member

you are one sad man...I did a mistake, I admitted and I want the PROPER punishment, not putting someone at the wall and shot him right away, regardless of what crime he did, what country you life in? oh wait, its murica lol
    the common mindset here seems to be cheating is cheating no matter what, where and how harmful it was to the game.
    what about those who were just curious and sold 3-8 pieces out of curiosity and have been banned as well...then i hear some guy made about 1 mil. plat and gets treated the same...also none here is innocent of having NEVER violated the EULA in one way or the other over all the years, so please come down from that high horse of morality, just makes you look bad.

to recap: I ****** up for a couple plats, I did a mistake and I want punishment...also I want this 10 yr old account back, heck I dont even care about the toons, if its needed delete them too.
    and also, you really think this is hindering those who have been banned to never come back again ever? all it takes is a couple bucks to re-gear. you talk like we have been excluded from the game forever.
  11. Wurm Well-Known Member

Germany actually.
    I suggest you read what Ajjantis wrote above. It fits my opinion perfectly about this whole mess.
    And if it's so easy to get back to where you were before you got banned, I suggest you stop posting in here and get to it
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

If you didn't believe that was an exploit, you are either the worlds most naive person, or just incredibly stupid.

If you honestly thought being able to make thousands of plat by running from 1 NPC to another, and no suffer the consequences when it was deemed an exploit then that's your fault.

How many of you who did it thought "Hmm this doesn't look right, perhaps I should PM a developer and make sure it is intended?" I bet none of you.
    Juraiya, Iskandar, Neiloch and 10 others like this.
  13. Labeleth Member

^sad but true, i could be max lvl/aa's and have better gear than most the server in a couple days... i'm seriously just tired of the dev's caring less and less (or possibly more likely true being worn down more and more). it's a motivation killer knowing that it will only get worse with little to no entertainment value
  14. Labeleth Member

not that it matters what i think, but honestly didn't see a flaw in how the merchants were behaving. i bought something from one and sold to another... just like any other merchant.
    Awkk likes this.
  15. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Name me one other merchant you can buy an item and sell it to another for over 1000000% profit.
    Iskandar, Kittybock, Neiloch and 4 others like this.
  16. Labeleth Member

lol with so many different changes going on i just figured they were being nice /shrug there are a couple merchants that sell for higher amounts. it's not consistent across the board from what i have seen over the years, i figured this was one of those situations... irrelevant now for me or anyone else
    Awkk likes this.
  17. Wurm Well-Known Member

1 copper to 10 plat yeah that's totally legit... :rolleyes:
    Juraiya, Iskandar, Xillean and 3 others like this.
  18. Labeleth Member

plat bags going from 75p to 500p was legit...
    Awkk likes this.
  19. Wurm Well-Known Member

Yes it was, I find it pretty funny that you are even trying to compare the two.
    Neiloch, Ceyllynn and Meneltel like this.
  20. Labeleth Member

funny how? that they changed numbers on a whim? just solidifying me not caring more and more lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.