Suspending accounts for exploiting

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by ABlocal, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wurm Well-Known Member

I knew something was fishy when someone bought all the ToT Keys off the broker... ALL 6 pages of them! The dirty plat is spread all over the place, the only way to really remove it is do a roll-back, but that would kill this game.
    Laiina and Sigrdrifa like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Oh, it could be. In the past sometimes the game has been rolled back to where it was the day before an exploit began. I dunno what criteria DBG would need to justify a rollback, but a lot of perfectly honest people who maybe ran Bar Brawl and got their very own Lacerator the old-fashioned way would be justifiably unhappy.
  3. Yards Well-Known Member

They can't do a rollback what people fail to realize is that this exploit was out for months it didn't just magically happen 2 days ago.
    Iskandar, Xillean, Meneltel and 3 others like this.
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

It went on for too long, if they do do a rollback they will have to seriously do something huge to appease the loyal and rule abiding players that get screwed over, or there will be riots.
  5. Laaw Well-Known Member

Dishonest people using an exploit, destroy the game for Hard Working crafters. I'm glad and sad about the banned people. Glad they were caught and sad they felt the need
    Juraiya likes this.
  6. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

i knew i would find this post entertaining while the servers were down... thanks for not disapointing!

buying from one npc for 1 cp and selling to another npc for 10pp... if you couldn't see this was wrong and unintended... yeah i don't want to play with you, your moral compass is definitely not aligned right. with the millions of factors involved in this game, things will slip by and if a player finds something that's not right, the player is supposed to report it... not use it and spread the word so others can use it too.

demanding the concept of parole... you do know that before someone can get parole, their crime, their actions after, and their actions while serving their time are reviewed before they are considered to be released back? a major part is how contrite and sincere they are in admitting what they did was wrong and what they have done or are willing to do in repreatiion(sp?). only one poster so far admitted he did wrong and accepted the consequences, i see hope for that one. might want to think about that.

at the least you were not banned, you have a server and can still play.

most of the players are adult in age at least, but some still show a callus lack of maturity found in only some 12 years olds...
    Juraiya, Iskandar, Sigrdrifa and 5 others like this.
  7. Wurm Well-Known Member

Hey they might even find Drunder fun, now that it isn't quite so empty.
    Iskandar, Sigrdrifa, Meneltel and 2 others like this.
  8. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, can you elaborate on how the game destroyed for "Hard Working crafters"?
  9. Laaw Well-Known Member

at least in drunder you will know the type of player you are and are playing with.
    Juraiya, Meneltel, Cempa and 2 others like this.
  10. Laaw Well-Known Member

a lot of time is spent to get and maintain a crafting toon, then to try to make money in the economy.
  11. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Was that supposed to be your reply to my question? If so, I still seek further explanation, as the answer was exceptionally vague.

If anything, I believe self proclaimed crafters (eg: people who identify as, and do nothing beside craft) are rather insulated from detrimental effects of the recent incident. This is because as the economy inflates, the average asking price for crafted products will raise at the same rate, for the same reason the price of Krono went up.

Nothing stops a crafter from gathering their own components and crafting an item, so now that it is fixed, how is it game destroying? I am happy to change my view if you can provide suitable justification, which is why I asked the question.
  12. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

They keep a behind the scenes 'list' on your account, and while you may feel you haven't ever done anything, they may have a record of more than you remember.

Anyone who did it 'on purpose' should be on Drunder.

I do agree with you on one thing and that is that it usually 'seems' like nothing happens to the exploiters, and that encourages others. And that is why I love this thread, and that bans did in fact happen.

Sorry you felt the need to participate. Is Drunder busy? Or do people seem to just stop playing since they are there?
    Juraiya and Ceyllynn like this.
  13. Laiina Well-Known Member

This exploit has been there since just after ToT went live. It became common knowledge just a couple days ago. I /bugged it over 3 weeks ago and never heard back, and it was not fixed.
    Juraiya and Ajjantis like this.
  14. Avirodar Well-Known Member

I really hope that is not true, that DBG were advised of this weeks ago, but only just acted on a plat exploit..?
  15. Laiina Well-Known Member

That is correct. I first noticed it 3 or 4 weeks ago when I saw that the vendor was offering 10p for the spell I had just bought for 1c. Since I needed the spell to scribe, I did not think much of it at the time and kind of assumed that it was just a one time thing. I did file a generic bug report, but probably did not word it very well, as it seems to have been ignored. At the time I was busy with other things and did not really think all the implications of such a massive price difference through.
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

A bug report 3 weeks ago would have been right in the Holidays, easy to miss really.

Anything major like that, always best to PM Kander/Caith etc.
    Faelen likes this.
  17. Laiina Well-Known Member

When I noticed it I sort of assumed that you could only buy the spell once (dunno why I thought that...) so did not think much of it. But it has been around for quite a while, I saw it mentioned in guild chat almost two months ago.
  18. Laiina Well-Known Member

In hindsight, yeah should have. But at the time I did not think of all the implications of such a thing, being just a couple days before the holidays. So my report read something like "..and BTW, you might want to fix the adornment removal spell price between vendors.." type thing.
  19. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Knowing one person who got Drunderized a few months ago for being a troll in chat channels, he quit the game and so did his girlfriend (who didn't get punished). I doubt many are that addicted to keep playing there, considering that many of them like to be jerks to others... and not get jerked in return. *grins*
    Juraiya and Ceyllynn like this.
  20. Kittybock Well-Known Member

There is no reason for a rollback...and the punishment fits the crime, IMHO. Most gamers know what "exploit" means and that taking advantage of one can lead to a ban, etc. One MMO banned 3000 players for taking advantage of an exploit in 2012.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is and should be reported.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.