Seagoat's Sigs

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by ARCHIVED-Seagoat, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Dolf's sig is done![/p][p]This is another one that turned into two...I forgot his level the first time. *blush* If/when the level cap is raised, at least he has one he can use when he's not 70 anymore. :)[/p][p][IMG][/p][p][IMG][/p][p]I was surprised to receive his request...he's from Russia! I had no clue there even were Russian servers (Harla Dar (PvP) and Barren Sky (PvE)) until he told me, since they're not listed on the servers page, nor do they have their own section in the forums here. (I'm guessing that's because they use the Cyrillic character set rather than Western, and mixing the two is never A Good Thing.)[/p][p]If you guys start getting requests from the Russian community, you'll know that Dolf is spreading the word! :-D[/p][p]Anyway, he wanted shades of blue and ultramarine with a harp somewhere. Simple enough, right? :) I did more blend-mode-playing, and all in all, I'm pretty pleased with the way this one turned out.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-SapphireSniper Guest

The colors are fantastic!
  3. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Thanks! :) I've been having a lot of fun with color lately, what with these funky blend modes. It's almost like discovering a whole new pallette!
  4. ARCHIVED-shirka Guest

[p]/whistle[/p][p]I loooove bright colors :) hehe[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Shudo's sig is done![/p][p][IMG][/p][p]Another fairly straightforward request, and not quite as much tinkering with blend modes in this one. :)[/p][p]It was trickly to increase the contrast on his screenshots, since just about every way I tried to adjust them, his lips came out pretty dark. Since I was pretty sure he didn't want his character to look like he was wearing lipstick, I copied and pasted the original lips from his raw screenshots into the adjusted images to cover up the too-dark versions.[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]My website host is doing maintenance for the next 8 hours or so. They should be back up and running by the time I wake up tomorrow morning, but you know what they say about the best laid plans...[/p][p]It's affecting my website and my email, so don't freak if you can't reach my site or see the images here in my thread, or if I don't answer you right away. They're supposed to be saving the mail as it comes in, so it should be delivered once maintenance is complete. If you email me and don't hear from me by the end of the day tomorrow, though, please resend your email. Again, best laid plans... :)[/p][p]If you need to contact me, please post here in my thread or PM me![/p][p]EDIT: Everything seems to be back up and running now. As always, please let me know if you have problems viewing any of the images or issues with the website. :)[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Zazie's sig is done![/p][p][IMG][/p][p]The screenshots he sent me were less than ideal, so I may be tweaking this sig in the near future.[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Elistraee's sig is done![/p][p]This is another request that generated two graphics instead of one...I couldn't decide which pose I liked best:[/p][p][IMG][/p][p][IMG][/p][p](Looking at it now, I think I like the first one best. I think it just "fits" better, in more than one regard.)[/p][p]Elistraee sent me some beautiful screenshots of herself in several poses, so I had good material to work with. She described her character to me a bit, summing it all up by saying, "In other words, she isn't nice." LOL[/p][p]I hope I captured enough mystique and danger with this one. :) That black wolf over her shoulder just gives you chills, doesn't it?[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-shirka Guest

[p]bléh, she requested a sig from me too. was almost finished with it. Í won't post it now altough I tried some different textures with that one and it turned out quite interesting :)[/p][p]but one very nice sig is enough, don't you agree Seagoat? :)[/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Ugh, I HATE it when people do that...
    <rant>
    I have a big red notice on my request form that reads, "Are you requesting graphics from more than one artist? Please read this FAQ item before submitting this form!" Apparently it's not big enough or red enough. :p
    Guys, please respect our time and request from just one artist. If you absolutely, positively have to have a sig from two or more artists for the same character, at least let them know!! Some of us are ok with that, as long as we know. Surprises like this are not pleasant. A sig can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days to make. No artist wants to realize that they wasted that time on a sig that will probably never be used just because somebody got greedy and wanted half a dozen graphics to choose from.
    We, as artists, are (typically) doing this for free. A lot of people want sigs. If you don't have respect for the artists, at least have respect for the people waiting behind you in the queue.
    Don't make yourself "one of those people." We don't like "those people."
    </rant>
  11. ARCHIVED-shirka Guest

[p]/comfort Seagoat ;)[/p][p]You know, it's funny how I took a completely different approach to that sig. Shall I post my effort here, just to see the difference? (I'll put a big fat TEST through it, I promise)[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Ronja@Runnyeye wrote:
    [p] Sure! I'm interested to see your interpretation. :)[/p][p]Thanks for the /comfort...I just hate to see anyone's time wasted, y'know? Lack of regard is one of my biggest pet peeves, in case you can't tell, hehe.[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-shirka Guest

[p]ok, here it is:[/p][p][IMG][/p][p]as you can see I was toying with textures (kinda stripy/splotchy) on the red background. The char on the right side kinda blended with it. I was happily searching deviant for more textures and learning how to blend them. But I guess someone else is gonna reap the results from my searching now, hehe. This sig wasn't finished. Was not happy as yet with the placing of the chars and the fonts. I always put those in to get a feel of what the sig is gonna look like.[/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Ronja@Runnyeye wrote:
    [p]Wow you're right...totally different from mine, LOL. I think the splotchy colors are interesting; they kinda give it an aged feel, like an old photograph or something.[/p][p]I find myself using virulent / pustulent colors for the "sickness" classes (Defilers, Warlocks) sometimes too. Y'know, unnatural colors that "aren't quite right." [/p]
  15. ARCHIVED-FadetoGrey Guest

[face="helvetica"]What the hell are you implying!? We're perfectly 'quite right!' I'm so hurt![/face]
  16. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

The colors, honey...the colors. ;)
  17. ARCHIVED-FadetoGrey Guest

[face="helvetica"]To reflect upon us sickly types! Now I know your true feelings... </3[/face]
  18. ARCHIVED-MaryJane666 Guest

Thank you SO much! I love my new siggy!
  19. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]I changed my OP to reflect this, but I wanted to repost here as well to increase awareness...[/p][hr][p]I am currently taking requests for the following types of graphics: [/p][ul][li]500x100 signature graphics (for use on these forums; leaves room for adding text above and/or below) [/li][li]500x150 signature graphics (for use on these forums; takes up the entire sig area) [/li][li]Paperdolls (170x305; for use on your EQ2 Players character profile and in your EQ2 Players-generated dynamic signature) [/li][li]Avatars (provide dimensions when requesting) [/li][li]Portraits (provide dimensions when requesting) [/li][li]Desktop Wallpapers (provide dimensions when requesting)[/li][/ul][p]I also make the following types of graphics by special request only:[/p][ul][li]Blinkies [ul][li]Example: Classes [/li][li]Example: Characters [/li][/ul][/li][li]Animations (transitions between two or more images) [/li][li]Website Logos / Banners [ul][li]Example: Jaded's Pub / Games Roundtable [/li][li]Example: Dragonchasers[/li][/ul][/li][/ul][p]Please contact me if you'd like to request any of these types of special graphics. Be as detailed as you can! If you're requesting a website logo or banner, provide a URL to the website for which you're requesting the graphic. If you're requesting a blinky or larger animation, give me an idea of how you want the animation to look, how long you want each loop to be, etc. In all cases, provide examples if you can; if you know of an image elsewhere on the internet that's similar to what you want, please provide a URL. This will help me get a better idea of what sort of image you're looking for.[/p][p]You may resize your graphics as needed, but please don't change the appearance of the file in any other way. If any information needs to be corrected, please let me know! I retain the original layered files for all my graphics, so it's fairly simple for me to replace, remove, or otherwise change a single element -- or a handful of them, such as recoloring.[/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Baelfire's graphics are done!
    [IMG] [IMG]
    He wanted something "dark," and I think I got that bit down right, hehe. The Erudite models seem to have a problem with the Warlock class hat, so he asked me to paint in an effect where his mouth and eyes would normally be dark purple (but instead they're just holes). I chose a light purple glowy/smoky effect. The purples I used in the sig were all picked from his helmet, and the green was from a spot just above his right eyebrow. I did a smoke effect in the background, with his name in Erudite runes behind.
    I was having so much fun with the smoke theme that I felt inspired to change the text and make a second version:
    [IMG]
    Where there's smoke...there's BAELFIRE! Muahahaha!!
    If that's not evil, I don't know what is. :p