Seagoat's Sigs

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by ARCHIVED-Seagoat, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-SapphireSniper Guest

Hollyfia's hair looks amazing! The color schemes are perfect :) Very well done Seagoat!
  2. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Thanks, Sapphire! :#)
  3. ARCHIVED-NinRayne Guest

[p]:D Art of any kind is a gift from the soul of the artist that created it, whether it is a painting, sculpture or signature. Angela, you have created something utterly stunning and magnificient that I am so grateful as it not only represents me and my characters but also you. I literally felt my own heart soar when I saw it. :D [/p][p]You are so talented and thank you again :D[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Hollyfia@Blackburrow wrote:
    [p] Wow, what a compliment!! *blushes*[/p][p]I'm really glad that you like them, and that you feel they appropriately depict your girls. :) It was, as always, loads of fun to make them![/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Faabio / Shax's sigs have been resized as requested:[/p][p][IMG] (6 frames, 6 seconds, 191.7 KB)[/p][p][IMG] (6 frames, 6 seconds, 186.7 KB)[/p][p]In order to keep the filesize semi-reasonable, I had to decrease the colors used from 256 to 127. It decreases the quality a bit from the originals (below), but without too much of a sacrifice in the way of detail. I also had to cut the original number of frames used by half, which helped shrink the filesize down even more without a noticeable difference in the animation smoothness.[/p][p]Here are the originals, for comparison:[/p][p][IMG] (12 frames, 6 seconds, 153.7 KB)[/p][p][IMG] (12 frames, 6 seconds, 156.5 KB)[/p][p]EDIT: Readded the new files...I really wish that smilies didn't eat posts. *sigh*[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Calhan's sig is done![/p][p][IMG][/p][p]This request was pretty straightforward, and was therefore easier than usual to do. :) I think the bit I agonized over the most was getting the contrast and color on the robe right! It was originally purple and green, which didn't lend itself very well to being colorized or color-rotated. I had to crank the contrast up, brighten it a bit, and then use the channel mixer instead of the colorizer or HSL wheel to get the red right. Whew! ;)[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Topanga's sig is done![/p][p][IMG][/p][p]I'm in love with the colors in this one...they're just so yummy! I picked all of them from her robe, believe it or not. I'm really happy with the way this one turned out![/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Topa Guest

Wow, thanks, that came out awesome looking!
  9. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

Those all look really cool!
  10. ARCHIVED-Jrkh8er Guest

Agh, mine's going to be worked on next... the suspense is killing me...
  11. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]BenNash: I'm glad you like it! :) It's turned out to be one of my favorites...have I mentioned that I LOVE the colors?? LOL (When describing my idea for it to a friend earlier today, I said it would probably wind up looking like a tub of sherbet exploded, hehe. Well, it did kinda turn out that way...and YUM!)[/p][p]Josgar: Thanks!! :#)[/p][p]Jrkh8er: Just imagine those poor souls who had been waiting 3 months or more for a sig from me. ;-D They had the patience of saints!! /notworthy[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Shagg's sig is done![/p][p]Except Shagg has two sigs to choose from! I couldn't decide which colors I liked better, so I decided to do both and let him decide which one to use.[/p][p]Here was my original idea:[/p][p][IMG][/p][p]...But then I thought that there was just too much purple (*gasp!* Blasphemy!), and that the yellow of the text was competing a bit too much with his hair. I do so love chocolate, so I went with some of the rich browns and tans in his tunic for the second one:[/p][p][IMG][/p][p]I think I like the brown one better, though, after all that. The yellow/purple complementary thing really makes his character stand out against the earthy tones, plus chocolate = yum.[/p][p]Geez, I seem to be on a food kick today...[/p][p]Do I smell donuts...?[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-SapphireSniper Guest

I agree Seagoat :) I like the browns better in that one :) <3
  14. ARCHIVED-Jrkh8er Guest

Waiting for a sig hits YOU for 3 months of impatient damage. I'm just an impatient person; if things don't happen now, then they should take so long that I forget about it until it happens. Still can't wait >_>;
  15. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Shothor's sig is done![/p][p][IMG][/p][p]I usually don't get requests as specific as his was, so I hope I got everything right. :)[/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Jrkh8er Guest

Holy crap, this is amazing! Thanks so much!
  17. ARCHIVED-shirka Guest

[p][size="x-small"][face="comic sans ms,sand"]If he wasn't happy with it I would /bonk him for you! ...hard....[/face][/size][/p][p][size="x-small"][face="comic sans ms,sand"]It's awesome! I love the way you can use all kinds of fonts and still make it belong together. Sometimes I try to copy it, but even with an example downloaded I can never get it just right.[/face][/size][/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Ronja@Runnyeye wrote:
    [p] *blush* Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :)[/p][p]I try to limit myself to two fonts -- just one, if I can get away with it, but I usually can't, so typically it's two. The one for the more "important" stuff (name, guild, server) tends to be bigger and/or fancier. I try to match the second font (for "less important" stuff) to the first, as far as serif / sans-serif goes...I try not to mix the two. One font is usually italic or calligraphic, and the other is usually upright or blocky. I'd say 80% to 90% of my work over the past few months follows this pattern...you'll see what I mean if you look through the chronology on my website. :) Every once in a while I'll switch things up, but it depends on the fonts I feel will look best on a certain sig, and how I think they'll look in the layout I wind up with after placing the images.[/p][p]It does take a lot of trial and error to get it right, sometimes; other times, it practically falls in your lap and creates itself, LOL. It helps that I got a good font program a while back, so I can see what a character's name looks like in every font I have installed. (It's called Font Xplorer, and I highly recommend it. When I first downloaded it, it required a $20 registration to unlock the full version. The full version is now FREE, so go get it!! It's handy!)[/p][p]I've been playing a lot with blend modes lately -- as if you can't tell, LOL. I'm having loads of fun learning the way different blend modes interact, and finding which modes work best with certain types and colors of backgrounds / images / text.[/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]I came across some figures earlier today that someone rendered beautifully in Poser, and the first thing I thought of was the sig I made a while back for StarryEyedElf's sig request thread.[/p][p]The old ones:[/p][p][IMG] [IMG][/p][p][IMG][/p][p]The original Poser figure I used was rendered by a different artist, and while it was the most appropriate figure I had at the time (and I still like the original graphics), the ones I found today totally inspired me![/p][p]The new ones:[/p][p][IMG] [IMG][/p][p]She may not use them, but I sure had fun making them, and I'm just tickled pink (pardon the pun!) at the expressiveness of the faces on these figures. Sassy![/p][p] [/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-SapphireSniper Guest