Seagoat's Sigs

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by ARCHIVED-Seagoat, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[IMG]
    *** I'm currently not accepting requests from the public. I've been commissioned to make a boatload of sigs for a guild, so my request form is open so that they can send me their info. My queue will be open to everyone once I finish this commission. Thanks for your patience! ***
    I make FREE custom EQ2 graphics, including sigs, paperdolls, avatars, portraits, and desktop wallpapers (more information below). For comprehensive galleries of the work I've done to date, as well as tips and tutorials on screenshots, making graphics, using sigs, and various other topics, please visit my EQ2 Graphics website.
    People really seem to like my work, so please be aware that my waiting list can grow very quickly. This results in increased wait times for the most recent submissions, especially if a lot of complicated requests are in the queue.
    Please try to be considerate of my time and others' when pondering your sig "wish list" and keep your request concise. Also remember that there are a lot of other very talented sig artists here who may not have as long a queue to work through.
    If you like my work, please consider making a donation. It's greatly appreciated and helps ensure I have the time and resources to keep on making sigs!

This is a free service. I do this because I enjoy it. I do, however, still have bills to pay and a life away from my computer that takes priority. Depending on what's going on in my life, your sig could be finished within a few hours, or I might not get around to it for several months. If your request happens to fall into one of my "lulls," don't take it personally. I won't be upset if you decide to withdraw your request and go with another artist, but don't assume that your request is being delayed because of some ulterior motive or because I'm a sadist.
    Thank you for understanding!

I take requests for the following types of graphics:

I also make the following types of graphics by special request only:
    • Blinkies
      • Examples:
      • To request a blinky, post here or send me an email and provide the following information:
        • Dimensions (width & height)
        • Preferred colors
        • Preferred text
        • A valid email address, in case I need to contact you with questions
    • Animations (transitions between two or more images; gallery)
      • Please contact me for more information about requesting an animation
    • Website Graphics
      • Examples:
      • To request website graphics, post here or send me an email and provide the following information:
        • The URL of the website the graphic is for
        • Dimensions (width & height)
        • Preferred colors, if any
        • Preferred text, if any, besides the guild name (server, motto, etc.)
        • Preferred imagery, if any (guild heraldry, etc.)
        • Any examples (or links to them) that illustrate the style or theme you're looking for
        • A valid email address, in case I need to contact you with questions or proofs
    Please contact me if you'd like to request any of these types of special graphics. Be as detailed as you can and provide examples (images or URLs), if possible. This will help me get a better idea of what sort of image you're looking for.
    All files are optimized to find a balance between file size and image quality. If in doubt, I err on the side of quality; I'd rather have a larger, prettier file than a smaller, grainier one.
    You may resize your graphics as needed, but please don't change the appearance of the file in any other way. If any information needs to be corrected, please let me know! I retain the original layered files for all my graphics, so it's fairly simple for me to replace, remove, or otherwise change a single element -- or a handful of them, such as recoloring.
    I made LOTS of 400x100 and 500x50 signatures before the allowable dimensions were increased to 500x100 / 500x150 / 500x165. If I've made a sig for you in the past and you'd like your existing sig resized to 500x100, 500x150, or 500x165, you should email me with your character names(s), your forum username (old AND current, if they're different), and your preferred sig dimensions. If you want a new sig altogether, you should submit a new request.

Requests Pending: 7
    Current Waiting List:
    1. Oliiver Quean & Diinah Quean (Fierce Dragons of Legend on Antonia Bayle)
      • Sig x 3 (500x100)
    2. Mantakor (Fierce Dragons of Legend on Antonia Bayle)
      • Sig (500x100)
    3. Erogon Chaos'Dragon (Fierce Dragons of Legend on Antonia Bayle) - Awaiting Screenshots
      • Sig (500x100)
    4. Qartoth Bright'Blade (Fierce Dragons of Legend on Antonia Bayle)
      • Sig (500x100)
    5. Vexacus Damythos & Illyrhia Damythos (Fierce Dragons of Legend on Antonia Bayle) - Awaiting Screenshots
      • Sig x 3 (500x100)
    6. Kaelwend Archerus (Fierce Dragons of Legend on Antonia Bayle) - Awaiting Screenshots
      • Sig (500x100)
    7. Goodrick Voco'Elementum (Fierce Dragons of Legend on Antonia Bayle) - Awaiting Screenshots
      • Sig (500x100)
    Names in bold italic green print denote requests that will take longer than usual to complete, either because of the format or the size of the graphics involved.
    My official waiting list is located here. It's the most frequently updated list, and it's therefore more accurate than this one. Please check there before freaking out if your name's not shown here. Chances are I just haven't gotten around to updating this one yet!

Ten Most Recent Patrons:
    [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG] (and animation)
  2. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Heavens to Betsy, that was annoying!!! I've figured out something about these forums the hard way. Colored text screws everything up!! It doesn't matter if the text that's screwed up is colored, or has any other formatting at all...colored text anywhere seems to make things go all wonky, and once they go, they just get worse. I removed all the colors from all the text in my OP and it FINALLY came out halfway decent. Took me a couple of hours of fiddling with it, though... /sigh
    Ok, so my OP has been updated with current information. I'm still taking very limited requests, but if you really like my work and don't mind donating, I'll gladly add you to my list!
    As you can see, I got a few requests knocked out while the forums were in limbo. Here they are, oldest to newest...
    Grimwell sent out an S.O.S. for new sigs, so I had to take a swing! His current sig mentions "zombie robots," but I couldn't find any...so I used a robot zombie instead!
    [IMG] [IMG]
    I actually played Frankenstein and pieced the robot bits onto the zombie from a screenshot I took of one of the robots in Klak'Anon. I'm pretty pleased with the way this one came out!
    Next up was Adarr Moonrunner. He wanted something green and Warden-ish, preferably with a white wolf somewhere.
    [IMG]
    The white wolf profile I used in this graphic is from the beautiful piece "Vantage Point" by Goldenwolf.
    Tari Tasartir had been waiting anxiously for a very purple sig! She wanted something with fierce femininity (along the "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" lines) and she seems pretty pleased so far! ;-D
    [IMG]
    The screenie she sent me was uber sekseh! I used loads of purple (to match her clothing and skin tones), plus some foxy purple flames to add some spice. You can barely see her first name in Dark Elf runes in the background...they kinda look like flames themselves, unless you look close. :) (Ok, so maybe they look like flames no matter how close you look...but they're there anyway!)
    Murderx Slicer (now Melodic'Killer) is a more recent request, but because there weren't an screenshots involved and he just wanted a simple fade animation, I went ahead and got it out of the way.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    I like the original better, since his shorter name looked nicer, as far as layout goes, but hey, what can you do, right? :) The only things he really specified in his request were that I use black, red, and green, and that he wanted the Troubadour symbol and crossed rapiers somewhere on the graphic.
    Because of the complexity of the gradients in this sig, I had to cut the number of colors down to 127 and the frames nearly in half to get the file size down -- and even now it's nearly 200 KB!
    Ok, we're all caught up, as far as my recent creations go...whew!
    To folks on my waiting list, I'm sticking with 500x100 sigs for the moment, even though the allowed sig size is now 500x150. If you don't want 500x100, please let me know! I've updated my request form with 500x150 as a secondary option. (I will likely be making 500x100 and 500x150 an either/or choice on my request form, rather than being able to choose both.)
    I've also started making EQ2 blinkies!! I don't have much to choose from at the moment, but here are some basics, and I made some for my girls, too. I'll take requests for these here on the forum, since they're pretty easy to crank out. Please only specify a few colors and very simple text. The 80x15 size is the favorite for pixel "blog buttons," but I can do other dimensions as well. Please do not hotlink to the blinkies you want to use. Save them to your hard drive, then upload them to your own website or image host. I'll update my OP again, since I forgot to mention them in the latest version. :p
    Enjoy! :)
  3. ARCHIVED-FadetoGrey Guest

1. I love the site and I want one.
    2. IT'S ALL SOOOOO PRETTY~!

3. I had the same problem with the text coloring.
  4. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

You want a website, or you want a sig? LOL ;) I can actually do both...
    Sigs for other artists are always free, just like sigs for mods and SOE employees, members of my guild, or people I know that play EQ2 on other websites I haunt. Consider it a token of my appreciation. :)
    Thanks!! *beams*
    You should be able to see the middle part of my second post now...the smilies were hungry, I guess. Had to disable them so my other images and the text around them would show up! Seems a lot of stuff on these new boards is wonky... *grumble*
  5. ARCHIVED-FadetoGrey Guest

I'd love to see you do a sig. Khell's going to do a trade with me though, and I love hers as well. I'd hate to insult either of you, but I love seeing artist's' works. I use more than one forum, and I can just animate them. *nod nod* If it wouldn't offend either of you. :) And yeah, I love the site. hehe Great work with everything!
  6. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

I don't mind if Kell doesn't mind. :) Send me stuff!
  7. ARCHIVED-FadetoGrey Guest

Laena or Kaeta?! Laena's like my main now and I do like her more, but everyone here knows me as Kaeta! *head splodey*
  8. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Whichever you prefer. :) Kell has dibs anyway! *poke* :mrgreen:
  9. ARCHIVED-Khellendrathas Guest

Heh, I don't mind. Seagoat can have first choice on character. :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Heh, wish we were discussing this in-game...we could just /rand it, LOL.
    Um...I choose... *closes eyes and points* ...Kaeta?
  11. ARCHIVED-FadetoGrey Guest

Aw, you two are the best! Then I can stop ripping my hair out over my sig because it's going to be beautiful! Where do I send the screenies?! Anything you guys want in particular?
  12. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

All my info's in my OP and on my website. :) No rush, just send 'em whenever you're ready!
  13. ARCHIVED-Xova Guest

Seagoat wrote:
    I do <3 my sexi purple siggy. Thank you!!! :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Forri, Kaaen, Senaptic, and Alesandra's sigs are finished!
    I received this request way back in last July or so, and it's been intimidating me ever since, LOL. I buckled down today and got it done, though!
    The requester wanted four sigs animated into one for his four characters. This sounded like a great idea, but it required that I basically make a sig for each character, then animate them into a single graphic...four times the work! I have to say, though, that the beautiful screenshots he sent me made that part quite easy, and his description of the colors and general theme he wanted for each character gave me a good starting point.
    First up is Forri:
    [IMG]
    I used a photo of light coming through a stained glass window in the background, then added some additional light rays to give it some oomph. When he asked for blues and a reverent theme, this was the first thing that came to mind, and it worked out quite nicely, IMO.
    I colorized Forri's armor to match the blue I chose for him.
    Next is Kaaen:
    [IMG]
    He wanted greens for Kaaen, with a "Ranger"-y feel. It's really subtle, but I used a photo of a foggy forest in the background, then added some falling leaves and a bow and arrow faded on top of it.
    I colorized Kaaen's armor, too.
    Then comes Senaptic:
    [IMG]
    He wanted a "fire and ice" theme for her, and again, it's a very subtle background. In the far back is a close-up shot of snow on the ground, sprinkled with some snowflakes from a tube I found somewhere. In the mid-ground are layers of flames in various heights in the same shade of red as her robe. It actually took me a lot of tinkering with this background to be happy with it...
    I colorized Senaptic's hat to match her robe, which is what I used to pick the red I used here.
    Finally, we have Alesandra:
    [IMG]
    He wanted something purple and stormy, so I chose a shot of some dark clouds that happened to match the purple of her hair! He also wanted lightning included, and I think it adds an element of danger to this sweet-looking Fury's sig.
    The only thing I changed about Alesandra was that I made her armor a little more purple and toned down its color saturation a bit.
    Here's the animation, and it's a doozy!! With 8 frames and a 12.4-second duration, it doesn't sound like much. The problem comes when all 4 main frames contain entirely different colors! In order to maintain a reasonable amount of image quality, I had to really tinker with the settings in my GIF optimization wizard after removing all the unnecessary frames...and it's still 232.5 KB!
    (If you quote this message, please delete this image...it's ginormous and really doesn't need to be bandied about like my smaller, more harmless graphics, LOL.)
    [IMG]
    As you can see, a great deal of the background detail was lost in the optimization, and the color dithering is less than ideal. That's why instead of leaving it at this, I made him the 4 static graphics above so he can see how his sigs were meant to look!
  15. ARCHIVED-Forri Guest

Your awesome in so many ways that I will run out of space to list them all:-D
    Thanks a ton for doing this as well as seperating them. This is definately worth the wait!!!!:mrgreen:
  16. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Sapphire wanted an updated sig for Nefyre, and I felt inspired! This one actually didn't take me long to finish, and I'm really pleased with the way it came out. :)[/p][p]Old sig:[/p][p][IMG][/p][p]New sig:[/p][p][IMG][/p][p] [/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-SapphireSniper Guest

That looks amazing Seagoat :) Thank you so much for making me another! :) <3 <3 <3 :)
  18. ARCHIVED-FadetoGrey Guest

19. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

I made my Fury a sig last night. She's loads of fun to play, and I figured it was high time that she get her own graphic:
    [IMG]
    BTW, Dionaea muscipula is the Latin name for the Venus Flytrap (which you can hopefully make out in the background). Exotic, mysterious, and just a little bit dangerous...that's my Dio!
  20. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]I made this as a gift for DarkGrue, the head honcho behind Roster Master for Dragonfly CMS project ( affectionately known as "RM4DF" ). He's always bustin' his backside to keep the code up to snuff, not to mention squeezing in most of the goodies that we want, in addition to all the stuff that we need.[/p][p]/notworthy[/p][p][IMG][/p][p](2 frames, 1 second total duration, 6.8 KB)[/p][p] [/p]