Seagoat's Sigs

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by ARCHIVED-Seagoat, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Uriha's sig is done![/p][p][IMG][/p][p]Short, sweet, and to the point! There were no screenshots to fiddle with, so this one's all text with a stock background. I played with blend modes again, since you can only include so many shades of green in one sig, hehe.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]A request from me...and perhaps I'm speaking for most of the other artists here, as well:[/p][p]Please, if you don't like the graphic(s) I made for you, let me know. If something needs to be changed, just tell me what it is and I'll fix it. I'm doing this to further my own skills, but I wouldn't take requests from the public, for free, if I didn't also want to make people happy.[/p][p]Have a little faith in me. Let me try to make it right. Please don't trivialize what I worked so hard on by altering the image yourself or having someone else alter it. I keep all the original layered files of all of my work, so it's very, very easy for me to make changes as needed.[/p][p]Thank you to everyone who has had faith in me in the past, and everyone who has given me the chance to make it right. A lot of people don't. They try to fix it themselves, or they run straight to another artist while telling me they "love" the work I've done for them. That sort of thing makes me want to quit doing this altogether. :( It doesn't happen often, but it does happen, and it sucks bigtime.[/p][p]I'm in a pathetic mood tonight, so pardon my pity-party. This just feels like something that needs to be said right now.[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-SapphireSniper Guest

*hugs Seagoat* I know what you mean hun
  4. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Dismal's updated sig is done![/p][p]He really loved his old sig, but he changed guilds recently and needed an update. I offered to resize it and retouch his screenshot for the new one while I was at it, and he agreed.[/p][p]Here's the old sig:[/p][p][IMG][/p][p]...And the new one:[/p][p][IMG][/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Flirt's sig is done![/p][p][IMG][/p][p]She wanted something "girly but kinda evil," so I used purple and black with some Gothic-ish fonts. The screenshot bugs me, even though I did the best I could with it, so I also made another version:[/p][p][IMG][/p][p]After all, nothing says "girly but evil" like a purple flaming skeleton!![/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Argh...can't update my OP with this info until they fix the "Edit" function, but here it is nonetheless:[/p][p]Alarcawen's graphics are done![/p][p][IMG] [IMG][/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Syran Guest

I adore my new sig! The color's pop and don't overwhelm! And so many compliments on my guild's forums! But I gave all the bragging rights to you! Thanks again! :thumbup:
  8. ARCHIVED-Vseznalek Guest

[p]I like your work and my new sig. Thank you![/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Yay! I'm really glad that you both like them! :-D
  10. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Apologies on the slow-moving-ness of my waiting list in the past few days; this freaky arthritis I've been dealing with since last August is once again kicking my backside. :( There are graphics being made, but it's going much slower than usual. Just bear with me...[/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p] Whoops! I just saw this...it got lost at the bottom of a page![/p][p]Thanks, Sapphire. :) I think Syronna's sig is one of my favorite ones to date.[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Talec's graphics are done![/p][p][IMG][/p][p][IMG][/p][p](Wallpaper dimensions: 1152x864, 246 KB; you can view the full-sized version here.)[/p][p]This was another one of those requests where I had to paint in the spell effects. There's no easy way to erase inside particle effects with PSP, so I have to erase everything around the character and just use the paintbrush tool to add what I want back in. I originally painted the particles cyan and purple, which are their natural colors; then I made another version with colorized particles to match the pallette I decided to go with in these graphics.[/p][p]And my hands aren't thanking me right now, LOL.[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Made Talec a 500x100 version:[/p][p][IMG][/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-KynnVea Guest

Woo, I like that one. /Delurk. Learning to paintover particles and such is skill indeed. You seem to be doing alright with it. :D
  15. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Hehe, thanks! :) I've had several sig requests so far where I'd have to repaint the spell effects. It's definitely a learning process, but I think I've got a technique hammered out. Here are others I've done:[/p][p][IMG][/p][p][IMG][/p][p][IMG][/p][p]The big secret: Gaussian blur. :p The Eyedropper tool, Paintbrush tool, and Gaussian blur are the only things I've ever needed to do spell effects with. That, and a lot of extra layers![/p][p]I ought to get another gallery or two together on my site of before and after pictures...examples of repainted spell effects and character touch-ups. I've seen other artists' sites with something similar (like Sapphire's site), and I promised myself that I'd do the same one day. I think I might just get the ball rolling on that...[/p][p](Edited to squash the spelling gremlins.)[/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-darkstarjlj Guest

17. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Kayalissa's sig is done![/p][p][IMG][/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-KynnVea Guest

Aye, are you using PSP or Photoshop? I did the googlobs in my signature, lots of just messing around with blur, opacity, and such. There used to be a lot of good spell effect tutorials out there. But most of them are withered and gone. I love the first one there, the colors are awesome--But I like the border in the third the best. There should be a "MY first sig to my most recent" Post of somekind. It'd be interesting to see, I don't have my first one anymore though unfortunately Some sparklies I've done: Obviously a massive signature. O_O But Those are pretty simple. I've yet to do some abstract and more unique sparklies--Aside from the goo globs really. [IMG]. Sadly, from the years I've done this, I don't have a lot, because I never really have done requests, other than just for friends. Wish I had more to show for it D: Edit: Cracking up, You used the "Dragonmaster" font in the second signature--I used it in the one above. You know you've been doing this too long when you recognize fonts.
  19. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]I use PSP 9.1. :) I'll probably wind up making a tutorial for how I repaint effects...it's pretty easy, but it takes patience. I think folks might find it useful.[/p][p]All my sigs to date are on my website. ;) I used to keep them in my thread's OP here, but it got HUGE so I started showing just the 10 most recent. I finished a "Chronology" section on my site a few weeks back that lists all of my sigs in order by month, all the way back to my first sigs in February 2005. I made sig tags for a while before that, though, so by the time I started EQ2 sigs, I'd learned the hard way to save all my layered files, and to save them on a drive that my operating system wasn't on. :p[/p][p]I know what you mean about the fonts! Seems like every time I see a new sig here on the board, I'm like, "Oh yeah, I've got that one." LOL[/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-SapphireSniper Guest

I would definately like a tutorial on spell effects. It's something I've been struggling with for a long time :)