Scheduled Server Downtime November 12, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Enine New Member

So because soe is little late? Have you ever tried to do their job? Lets see how long it takes you cant blame them for wanting to fix a bugged game so we can finish and do the things we have to do.
    Pumarah and Malfaer like this.
  2. Steelviper Active Member

You should in all certainty expect frequent downtimes, bugs and crashes the next 1-2 weeks after a new expac comes out.
    That is why the only sensible thing to do is to wait that time out, let the programmers who rushed the incomplete work out finish their work, and only then consider paying for the actually finished work and expect flawless playing experience... and even then it's certainly not guaranteed with a game like EQ2.
    That said, I think the in the meanwhile largely shrunk down team of people who are still working on EQ2, are doing a great work for the abilitiy to do so. I respect and appreciate that, which is one of the main reasons I still stay with this game.
  3. SychoCharley New Member

OK so SOE has estimation problems and ALL Vets Know this and have known this so WHO IS THE BIGGEST GOOF
  4. JustCallMeCrash New Member

It's better to "estimate" that it will take 2 hours when actually only taking 1 hour. Go watch some Star Trek. Engineers could teach SOE something.
  5. Fangrim Active Member

I thought you cancelled? You're 'about 5 accounts' 1 is not quite 5 but about 5 btw.....
    Poopcicle, Wirewhisker and jimmyfrank like this.
  6. warcrimess New Member

man i hope they dont nerf DM im working on getting my sec toon to 100
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Exactly. People will move at their own pace. Those who rush through will be the first a month from now crying tears about being bored. Others who took a more leisurely approach will still be exploring a year from now. It's whatever turns your crank.
    Raff and Kiikissa like this.
  8. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

I'm having same issue logging in. Server status says servers are up, but I can't connect to a server. Hopefully, just a matter of armies of peeps trying to log in :)
  9. SychoCharley New Member

Im thinking the server status isnt working correctly again
  10. Garaphax New Member

hmm so those of us that did get to 100 using DM should be punished because we are 100? or because your not? what is your motive for such an inquiry?
  11. jimmyfrank Member

“Begun, the flame wars have”
    I thought you cancelled? You're 'about 5 accounts' 1 is not quite 5 but about 5 btw.....

amazing!!!!
  12. Algonzo11 New Member

Anyone able to get on yet? I see chat has died down substantialy
  13. Xaochi New Member

World Servers maybe up... but I'm thinking the login servers aren't yet?
  14. Xormeister New Member

I think after all these years the "Estimated Downtime" should be worse case scenario and not the standardized "! hour" , "2 hour". If They thought it was gonna take an hour BUT posted it was a 2 hour downtime, none of these peeps would be complaining and most of us try logging in b4 the expected downtime is over anyway so....
    Cujun likes this.
  15. Arbor Member

UPDATE YOU ***** TWEET

\
  16. SychoCharley New Member

I think everyone that is 100 already should pay me 1 million Plats :p
  17. Rhamnusia New Member

We'd find something new to complain about. "The servers were back up on time I demand cookies!!! Free ones. Delivered every month."
    Kirsten likes this.
  18. Szindrago Member

thanks soe! for providing us with an amazing game..expac and new race to have fun with :) and thank you for making sure that everything works to the best of your ability..i really appreciate all the hard work you have put into this game over the many many long years :)
    Oary and Rhamnusia like this.
  19. Arbor Member

I Now Demand payback in form of BIG Plat and phat lewts from the new expansion o our choosing+
  20. Natharin Member

...but, but, SOE hasn't made the "Real Life" content feature available on the Marketplace yet.

Seriously though its an hour, and a game, and if people can not find something to entertain themselves other than just this game then well I suppose they deserve all the pain and agony the wait causes them.

The excuse of how one paid in some fashion (regardless of member or F2P) is invalid as the TOS that we all accept every time we log in states that they do not guarantee 24/7 access at all times due to varied circumstances (updates, planed or otherwise are one of them BTW). That excuse is just nothing more than the continued beating of the horse that's already dead.

I'm all for a customers right to complain and present /feedback (and its not like I never complain), but geez if your going to do so at least do it in a constructive manner using valid points instead of the constant "I Pay" defense, because while we all pay in some way we also all pay while accepting that there will be downtime as part of our paid access to the servers and game every time we log in and play.