Scheduled Server Downtime November 12, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Xaochi New Member

Lemme guess, you'd use that 1mil plat to pay for PL to 100?
  2. Gilbert New Member

Not to worry... They are setting up card tables and chairs in the game so we all can sit around and have Hot Coco and sing "Kumbaya, my Lord"... let start a pool? I say that the server will not be up until 9:20 PST
  3. Arbor Member

Arbor said:
    “I am a cutter in life and am now bleeding profusely as the stress this is causing.........”
    That is very stupid thing to say on a open forum Sony will send police and ambulance to your house to make sure your ok. This is considered to them a Real Life threat to bodily harm ones self.
    MORAN - not committing sduicide just making small incuisions to end th e stress
    Claudiana likes this.
  4. Morprulz New Member

Seriously Gilbert, if you were a coder then you are a fail coder. In the real world, bug bashing is done not only before a release date, but well after a release date as well. Not all bugs, big or small, are found by a small percentage of testers, aka beta testers or bug catchers as some coders are known. It is a theoretical impossibility to catch every single bug or to simulate every type of experience that would create a bug or a crash until it is put out there live. Hence why programs have what's know as versions. There are no programs released that do not require further bug bashing after a release date that cater to the millions of subscribers. So, pull up your big boy panties, sit back and enjoy some coffee or whatever your drink of choice, stop trolling and showing the rest of the eq2 world how much you truly don't know.
    Rhamnusia likes this.
  5. Kirsten New Member

I like cookies. :)
    Cadic, Strings, Pipsissiwa and 3 others like this.
  6. Ancalagon New Member

I don't mind downtime. It's necessary. But why does the SOE Game Server Status page, and the Everquest 2 page say all the servers are up when they aren't?
    Cinsey and Pipsissiwa like this.
  7. SychoCharley New Member

Of course I would I would :D
  8. kezraela Member

This made me laugh. :)
    The forum posts are an excellent place to start, they've been quite entertaining while I wait. :)
    Claudiana and Rhamnusia like this.
  9. Shauwn Active Member

As a sidebar, I am eagerly awaiting the reopening, and lots of talk about finding something to entertain my time on here. Got to say, this is doing it for me.
    Kiikissa likes this.
  10. fizzlewizzles New Member

i also like cookies and sleeping...i woke up early to play....i might go sleep my day away!
  11. Jrel Well-Known Member

They're trying to see if we can hit 31 pages in this thread.
  12. Gilbert New Member

13. Balla New Member

If SoE would constantly overestimate their maintainance times, people would start yell and shout how they are incapable of estimating anything. So, let them just do their best estimation and leave it be.

Second matter, complexity of a system like everquest II is propably far beyond your scope of understanding if you think that everything just goes smoothly when something as huge as new expansion is installed into the game. It has so many different factors that it's practically impossible to consider all of those. I bet they don't do bad job just to annoy you, but rather do a good job trying to keep things in order and patch most errors very fast.
    Rhamnusia likes this.
  14. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Good grief, give them a damned break!

It's expansion week, expect scheduled AND unscheduled DT's and expect them to creep outside of estimated times.

How many rookies do we have here in the house, anyways?
  15. Sedient Active Member

nothing...nevermind
  16. Bashem Well-Known Member

are you complaining about people complaining didnt you break your rules with this comment?
  17. Xaochi New Member

<--- noob.... rookie.... FNG..... whatever. I don't mind either way. :)
  18. kezraela Member

DM = Dungeon Maker, if that is what you are asking.
  19. Oary Member

aaahhhh my eyes, my eyes!
    Poopcicle likes this.
  20. Gilbert New Member

Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya; Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya, O Lord, kum bay ya. Kum bay ya, my Lord, kum bay ya; ... my Lord, Kumbayah!".