Scheduled Server Downtime November 11, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Feldon Well-Known Member

North America goes off DST the first Sunday in November. Rest of the world does this the last Sunday in October. So we're all off DST now.

London is +8 hours from SOE.
    West Europe is +9 hours from SOE.
  2. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Ok, I have confirmation and good news!

They made a mistake with the time. The update is indeed set for 1:00PM London time, which means the EU servers ill come down at 5amPST (not 7am PST) just like the US servers. I'm updating the initial post to reflect the time. :D Sorry for the confusion!
    Shmogre, Tierisch and Badwolfe like this.
  3. Lady Marlyn Member

Everybody (maybe except the really new people) knew that SOE does maintenance, patches, and updates on Tuesdays. Unless it is an emergency or something that just needs a quick fix. Everybody also should know that they are uploading the expansion tomorrow. With everything that is going to be in it plus the regular maintenance I am surprised it is only going to take 7 hours. I have the money for the expansion but I am going to wait until after the Heroes Festival ends to get it. My 8 toons want to get all the new achievements -- and since the Heroes Festival has a definite end that is my top priority. Now I work the swing shift tomorrow so I won't be able to get back on until Wed. Follow the old saying: Good things come to those who wait. And besides most times you will appreciate something more once you finally have it. My glass is half full.:)
    Hijinx, Prissetta and Tierisch like this.
  4. Tierisch Well-Known Member

Yes, I think of all the possible other issues with how this release is being handled that's what bugs me most. I also had expected the downtime for Monday and a Midnight release (at least PST). Other than that I will just hope for the best and trust that upgrades have been made to support the run on the store and servers.
  5. Anti_piracy Member

When will the expansion be able to be purchased through steam? I am looking on Steam now, trying to buy 1 account for myself and gift 1 account to my friend.

would like to get this done asap. Thank you!
  6. Phee Active Member

I agree, it has been handled very poorly. Unfortunately i see more problems than the normal launch.. i hope im wrong and wish them the best.. but seems they are less prepared all the way around this time. we shall see
  7. Phee Active Member

25th for steam
  8. AngryConjy Active Member

Feldon, thanks. for the info. my hubby went there with he won that last prize that brass gave him.

so both acts will be 50.oo since both acts were there.
  9. AngryConjy Active Member

yes both acts were registered and there.
  10. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Ummm unles you are doing a clean install (or playing on dialup) the expansion will take maybe 20 minutes to download. Probably more like 10 if I recall the patch time when i first played the beta (yes i had previously downloaded the beta for GMs so I had the experience of someone doing the upgrade to AoM as I would on live). Second the CE it is the same cost it has always been, just no preorder, so no preorder discount.(Odd point here, but all access should get the preorder discount.....after all its official release date is not until 25 November :D) The price is (with members' 10% discount) $22 more than previous years $59.99 cost even so hardly double. The only other race introduced since FTP went live was also charged for, they have to make up for the loss of paying customers so not really something I see as something to be upset about. The split costs and the absolutely misleading statements made at SoELive about the wings (misleading because they only apply to noble not standard when no mention was made of that split in the race) now those are worth getting upset over.
    Gaulois Airlines, Hijinx and Feldon like this.
  11. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Still no way to gift expansions to other players??
  12. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Steam
  13. Lyrina Member

To all thouse, who still have problems, doing TZC (yes, that incl. me too, haha), check out this supernifty website. It solved my problems with TZC totally.

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

Best wishes,
    Lyrina

And: Good luck to all, with the Patch :p
  14. Armageddoux Active Member

15. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

OK...still no way, outside of a third-party service neither the sender nor receiver uses, to gift expansions to other players?
  16. mamsa New Member

You could give them the money.
  17. Syrendyr New Member

Why would you guys have so much down time on a US Holiday??? Wait, does SOE not care about Veterans' Day?
    Almost my entire guild has the day off to game out!
    I thought that the stars were aligning for me.

sorry, i wrote his out of frustration......i should probably do something productive around the house anyway,

bad form guys o_O
  18. Magman New Member

So the new expac will be released sometime during/after Nov 11th but not Nov 11th? Got it, thx.
  19. Syrendyr New Member

will the purchase of the xpac include any game play? what if I bought it for a friend?

seems like it used to be that way
  20. Kahling Member

If you have logged in to live recently check your EQ2 folder in PAKS and Music. It has auto downloaded 1GB for the new expansion it to those folders already for me so I doubt the download will take long once it's live. Also 7 hours is about standard, last year they said 7 hours and it took 6hrs 58 mins although I have heard one of the devs say 5 hours. I imagine they are saying 7 to cover their backs in case of gremlins.