Scheduled Server Downtime November 11, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

[IMG]

US EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, November 11, 2014 at approximately 5:00AM PST.
    Estimated downtime is 7 hours.

EU EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, November 11, 2014 at approximately 5:00AM PST. (Aprox. 1:00PM London Time on 11/11/2014)
    Estimated downtime is 7 hours.

Update Notes will be posted in the Game Update Notes (live) forum when available.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest II forums and social media for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

EDIT - Latest Update 3:30pm PST
    Servers are up!
    Pantero and Enric_of_Neriak like this.
  2. Paddyo Member

Wrong date in the first sentence.
    fiyy likes this.
  3. Okamam New Member

They are right on their dates
  4. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Only thanks to the edit button ;) I made a typo on one of the dates and apparently Paddyo saw it before I edited. You guys are quick!
  5. Dagga New Member

Do we have to wait until servers are back up to purchase new xpac?
  6. Poisonhawk Active Member

Wow! What a shame.
  7. Roshen Well-Known Member

The plan is to have the website up before game servers are ready. Both the servers and the website should be ready for players by noon PST.

Once the website is updated, players will be able to see purchase options for Altar of Malice here https://www.everquest2.com/expansion-content
    Cyliena and Tierisch like this.
  8. Grundge Active Member

i wonder what the update could be for? :p
  9. Caethre Active Member

Afista, can you check that converted time you posted please.
    (1) You noted the US servers come down at 5am American PST. That is 1pm British GMT.
    (2) You noted the EU servers come down at 7am American PST. That is 3pm British GMT. But you posted 1pm "London Time", which generally means GMT...

Unless I am badly mistaken: The PST -> GMT conversion at the moment is +8 hours.
    Badwolfe likes this.
  10. arturos Active Member

is it just me or does this method of release/reveal have fail written all over it. The server load is going to be huge, with SOE's track record the phrase single point of failure comes to mind...
  11. AngryConjy Active Member

ok, I went to Fanfair, I have 2 acts. so how much is my upgrade to collection edition
  12. Feldon Well-Known Member

$50 for the account you bought your SOE live ticket on. $90 on the other ($81 if its all access)
  13. Badwolfe Member

No your not mistaken, I just checked and it is 3pm that the servers come down and they should be back up at 10pm London time... ouch :(
  14. Elderun New Member

What happened to the Midnight release. Even though it's early for us we still should be entitled to the same as full release. Been moving so couldn't check the forums until now so I'm upset that I got all ready for this as if I'd be up all night grinding away.
    Tierisch likes this.
  15. Wizkid New Member

I'm a little concerned you are trying this type of load on your store once again. When you did the new all-access pass earlier this year your store crashed and charged me 5 times for the annual membership which had to get straightened out. I will be very upset if your system does that again for an already expensive collectors edition.
  16. Elderun New Member

I agree to that I can see some issue to the website crashing out and all the normal so I'd say we get the xpac on the 12th
  17. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

What happens if the servers are back up before the website is? EQ2 riots of a proportion never before imagined?
    Charlice, Pipsissiwa and Feldon like this.
  18. Knight Member

ohh dont worry, im sure you along with many other stupid braindead players will pay the 100.00 price and then some
  19. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Let me double check now. The converter tells me it should be 3pm London Time as well, but my post source says 1pm London time. The update will be at 7am PST, but I have no idea what the recent daylight savings changes might have done with time conversions. I'll try to confirm the actual conversion so that you guys have an accurate estimated time :)
  20. Wintir Active Member

As much as I love this game, I am not logging on in any fashion tomorrow. The stress on all servers will be through the roof. People will be impatient, grouchy and ticked off at all the delays, server resets, etc.

I will grind my teeth and wait until Thursday or Friday this week before I attempt anything with this new expansion.

Good luck, though if you want to take a go at it tomorrow ;)

Regards
    Pipsissiwa and Feldon like this.