Scheduled Server Downtime November 11, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Tetrol Well-Known Member

UK servers have just been messaged that the update will take 12 hours.

Someone posted the download will take about 20 minutes - on your internet it might - suspect more like 3 - 4 hours on some though - like mine
  2. Notsovilepriest New Member

Did someone mention not logging in due to the stress on the servers?? HAHAHA, those of us that are stuck on Nagafen will probably log in to see the server register LIGHT population as it always does. I think SOE would have probably been smart to have a sale on transfers before the launch of the xpac.

There's not much sense in buying an expansion to find the normal 35 people on the Q side and there is no way some of us will drop $25 PER TOON to transfer and drop another $40 on the expansion.

They really should look at lowering the cost or maybe toss in a transfer token WITH the purchase because it takes them ZERO labor to do a transfer and they may actually generate extra sales of both transfers and expansions.
    Syrendyr likes this.
  3. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

Yeah I find it in slightly bad taste that they are releasing the xpac on Armistice Day (the end of WW1) as it is in Europe especially since this one is even more significant being the 100th anniversary year of the outbreak of WW1. It isn't a holiday here in UK, although it is in parts of mainland Europe like Belgium. It's a day of remembrance - very few people didn't have grandparents or great grandparents who were involved.
  4. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

The AoM expansion won't be available on Steam until open launch on November 25.

We're aiming at getting everything up by noon PST. This will be for both purchasing of Altar of Malice for All Access members and the servers so players can play.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o noooooooooooo 7 hours ( or more ) I cant stand it knocks on Sony's door " let me in "
    servers went down 10 minutes ago
  6. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

Everyone who's currently not at work and affected by the downtime... and are going cold turkey *g*

lay down, get some sleep... new addon coming... much to do later =)
    Raistlin likes this.
  7. Raff Well-Known Member

I would be surprised if it only took 7 hours. No biggie...tomorrow is another day....just like the day after (which is when I'll probably get around to playing. After the crowd slows down on thier continuous whinefest...which is coming. Heck, its already starting.
  8. Schnooky Member

I am so excite!
    go SOE go, hoping your server updates go smoothly
  9. Kootti New Member

Servers are already down for patching, but still no update notes available??
  10. Rakk Active Member

So will we actually be able to buy the expansion a reasonable time before the servers go up? I'd rather have it all paid for before the servers are back up, especially since I believe the Store will be somewhat busy today (and I'm expecting timeouts)
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  11. Hijinx Well-Known Member

In the US, Veterans Day was originally Armistice Day - marking the end of WWI. It was expanded to include all vets during WWII. It is a Federal holiday here, but I know of few private companies that honor it. Memorial Day is a much bigger deal here.

Still, it was perhaps not a great idea to do this today. Which leads me to the following question: why do MMO's (it's not just an EQ2 thing) always update on Tuesdays?
  12. Schnooky Member

Tuesday mornings are the lull of the online gaming universe.
  13. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Are you complaining that a game is being released on this day, or that you are off and cannot spend the day playing?

It is a day of remembering those who went to war in the hopes of garnering peace for those that followed, use the downtime to go do that. Visit a memorial, watch a parade, take a veteran to lunch. Go use this time that SOE gives you away from a game to honor someone that made a difference in your lives.

Complaining that a game is being released today is rather silly, a game that many veterans like and play. A game that has a festival called Heroes set around this day, no matter if the heroes are virtual or your ancestors, family or neighbors. A release that if it had happened one day later might have had you up in arms at the delay because it was not done on a Tuesday.

There are better things to complain about, better things to do on this day.
    Claudiana likes this.
  14. Raistlin New Member

Well I have today and tomorrow off work. Just bought the new Assassin's Creed so I will be playing that while waiting on servers to come back up then it's gonna be an all nighter playing the new content can't wait!!
  15. Oobliteration New Member

I understand it is a huge undertaking to put out an expansion, but with the release date named several months out, next time can you please give us a little more info about when the servers will come down, when the xpac will be available for purchase, and how long you expect to have the servers down. Rumors have been flying over many of the servers about all of this. I heard yesterday that the xpac would be available anywhere from 11:59 PM PST to 12:00pm PST today. All of this could have been eliminated if SOE had been a little less cryptic about all of the information concerning this expansion.

Other that that, can't wait for it to be out, even though there will be a mad rush to get it and get on.
    Rakk likes this.
  16. Trickykell Member

Time for catching up on Sons of Anarchy Wooooo!
    Raistlin likes this.
  17. Yodahh New Member

I don't understand why they are charging so much for people who have been playing this game for 10 years when the game is almost dead now anyways. Shouldn't they be encouraging people to come, not to go to a cheaper game? $90 for a digital collectors edition?? Maybe I'd pay that if it had some physical stuff that I could display in my house!
    Rakk and Oobliteration like this.
  18. Sylvain Member

This would deff apply to me. Though not on Nagafen I also have alt accounts that I would transfer to a more populated server were it a little more economically reasonable. My current plan is to not re up those other Subs and pass on the new expansion for them as well. A better priced transfer or free transfer token, would possibly coax me into spending the addition monies for the new content as well as re-subs.

I can not be the only one so seems this will cost SOE in the long run, and I will miss my mains on those accounts.
  19. Oobliteration New Member

Yes I do like the idea of a physical collectors edition. I have purchased these in the past when they were available and have several pewter mount figures that I display. Very cool stuff.
  20. Evercrack New Member

The withdrawal wont be that long o_O