"Roster Master" - Guild Roster for Your Personal Guild Website

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Seagoat, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Beldak@Everfrost wrote:
    [p] [/p][p]I'm not getting the proper linkage in my GWoF block...I made the changes, uploaded, the forced a roster refresh or three, but it's still linked thusly in the block:[/p][p]http://thehalasianempire.com/items/item_profile.vm?itemId=131964[/p][p]I went back and triple-checked that I didn't miss anything, but all the code is there and on the server. :-/ It's just not prepending the new anchor information as expected. The code you posted looks right, and should work, but it's borked for me. :( [/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Belin Guest

Hmm that line 201 change should have fixed it. What's in your database? Is the eq2players.station.com in there or not in the roster_master_guild table?
  3. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]The old value is in the database:[/p][p]<a href="/items/item_profile.vm?itemId=131964" class="fieldValue">Pristine Imbued Tanned Leather Tunic</a>[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Belin Guest

Try clearing it out of db and then force update again. Also make sure the 201 change took (ie didnt upload the wrong file hehe I do that all the time.)
  5. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Yep, the code was in the file on the server, it just wasn't updating for some reason.[/p][p]I cleared that value from the table, then forced another refresh; seems to have been updated properly this time. Wonder why it didn't work the way it seems it should the first zillion times? :-/[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Belin Guest

I bet due to the strip_tags the comparison looked like it was the same field :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

[p]/sigh Wish I'd had the opportunity to see this earlier, could have saved you folks some trouble (but probably wouldn't have been nearly as much fun, from what I've seen). Parser changes are pretty easy for me to do, seeing as how I've gotten so much experience doing them on SoE's account... :-?[/p][p]Beldak's fix is almost optimal - except that I don't think you can see the SoE item databse unless you're signed into EQ2Players.com - and possibly still can't unless you're a premium content subscriber. Which would make the link useless for most people, and inconvenient for the rest (EQ2Players.com has historically been pretty good about tossing out your authentication cookie even when you tell it to keep you logged in). I'd probably want to leave the link out for that reason, unless the way the SoE item database has changed?[/p][p]Design choices notwithstanding, good job guys![/p][p]If someone can confirm or deny the whole item DB thing, I'll try and get a minor point release out this weekend that includes this as well as the substr() change for the whole Shadow Knight and filenames thing. Any other bugs I'm missing while I've got the hood open? :wink:[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p] LOL Glad you enjoyed watching this whole soiree play out. ;)[/p][p]You can view basic file details in the item database (item name and icon, discovering player / guild / server, date it was first discovered), but you can't view "item or spell details" unless you have the premium feature enabled and are logged in.[/p][p]Try this link to see what I mean:[/p][p]http://eq2players.station.sony.com/items/item_profile.vm?itemId=151194[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-SammMoney2 Guest

[p]Hopefully you guys can help me out. I run a site in Platinum-Nuke i know i'm not going to find a verson of RM for plat anywhere. So i attempted ot run it based on what you already had... obviously i can't figure out how to get the install to work so i'm scrapping it when i get home from work. I was searching around here trying to find a place where i may aquire the PostNuke version of RM.[/p][p] I was also wondering if anyone could tell me how up to date it actually was. Thanks.[/p][p] [/p][p]SammMoney[/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p] Everything you need is in the first post in this thread. :) I update it with each new release, and every version listed there is the most recent. The "last modified" date for the post is at the bottom of the OP; I may consider putting a release date for each project, though.[/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Belin Guest

Heya Grue :) Yes, as Seagoat mentioned eq2players now gives you basic item info without being logged in - detailed info requires a subscription to that feature + being logged in. Their cookie authentication is better than before but still not ideal.
  12. ARCHIVED-SammMoney2 Guest

Ahhh crap... i forgot that postnuke destroys the folder build of phpnuke so that it isn't compatible with anything other nuke... thanks anyway your mod looks great... i'll keep looking...
  13. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

You still have the alternative of running the Stand Alone version for now - better than no roster at all. After that, maybe you (or someone else) can figure out how to adapt the PostNuke version to work with PHPNuke and then gain the additional modules it sports. With all the activity RM is getting since we got the existing projects back on track after a hiatus caused by the EoF chaotic changes, it might convince more people to start making ports to other forum softwares. (Edited: swapped PHPNuke with Postnuke... Why do they have to select such confusingly similar names? :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Lantis@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    We can only hope! More ports would be awesome...spread the fandom of Roster Master to the masses and [strike]get one step closer to world domination[/strike] hug bunnies!!
  15. ARCHIVED-SammMoney2 Guest

[p]Lantis - (Edited: swapped PHPNuke with Postnuke... Why do they have to select such confusingly similar names? :)[/p][p] [/p][p]Hey take it easy lets remember that Dragonfly was once CPG-Nuke[/p][p]Anyway... I'm trying to get the [strike]stand alone[/strike] phpNuke version i found to work. But i am getting this error:[/p]Roster Master Error [p] Error: Unable to contact the roster page. Try Refreshing this page or visiting directly. http://eq2players.station.sony.com/guilds/guild_profile.vm?guildId=3675206# [/p][p]I'm assuming this means that i'm unable to pull from port 80. Any clerification on this would be great.[/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

SammMoney2 wrote:
    From my limited self-taught experience, that's what it looks like. If all else fails, you can always check with your site hosting company to verify...and you never know, they might open it up for you. From my understanding, allowing traffic through port 80 is pretty standard (my host are security *****, and even they allow port 80 -- although they do block just about everything else).
  17. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

SammMoney2 wrote:
    Eh, that was totally tongue-in-cheek (hence the smiley).
  18. ARCHIVED-Dyse Guest

A lot of edits in past few pages.
    I almost, by default, know DarkGrue and Seagoat are talking about Dragonfly. But for later sifting back and to stop potential headaches, can EDITS be preceeded by VERSION and PLATFORM so we know in which we are referring?
    Guild Still Loves It!
  19. ARCHIVED-SammMoney2 Guest

Alright i got standalone working... Does it also have traffic coming in on port 80? Cause if it does... i'm a little backed into a corner here.
  20. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p] If it's working, and you can view the roster with no problem, then your port 80 should be fine...hmm. Do you have a URL where we can take a peek at it?[/p][p]Can you post your config file from the phpNuke version that you tried to get working before? Maybe there's something in there that wasn't quite right, which resulted in the error you were experiencing. (I do notice that your guild URL had "#" at the end, which may not cause a problem, but if there's one unexpected character in there, there could be others.)[/p]