"Roster Master" - Guild Roster for Your Personal Guild Website

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Seagoat, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Rokit@Permafrost wrote:
    There it is: http://www.vgsohinterface.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=73
  2. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Grue, I've noticed one thing in the heritagemaster.inc code (and in the keymaster.inc code as well). While you added in my hack to add sorting by adventure level to both trackers, there isn't actually a level indication for characters in either tracker.[/p][p]Your line 773 in heritagemaster.inc (line 1080 in keymaster.inc) looks like this:[/p][p]."<td style=\"text-align:left\"><a href=\"{$config['char_url']}{$char_info['characterId']}\"$target>{$char_info['name']}</a></td>"[/p][p]...while mine looks like this:[/p][p]."<td style=\"text-align:left\"><a href=\"{$config['char_url']}{$char_info['characterId']}\"$target>{$char_info['name']}</a>&nbsp;({$char_info['Adv_Level']})</td>"[/p][p]Just something I noticed amidst my upgrading this morning. :)[/p][hr][p]Also, when you did the base image width and height in rostermaster.inc, below line 683, you used the format width=\"{$width}\" height=\"{$height}\". Just typing $attr is a friendlier way; it outputs both width and height without having to type all those pesky characters. ;) See here, under "Return Values" (Index 3).[/p][hr][p]Typos![/p][p]In sigmaster.inc, line 482, there's an extra curly bracket that will cause problems:[/p][p]if (in_array($char_info['guildRank'], $config['officers']) && file_exists("modules/{$mod_dirname}/images/avatars/officer_{".str_replace(' ', '_', $archetype).'.png')) {[/p][p] [/p][p]In config.inc, although I've enjoyed reading "row lightlight" on line 137 for the past few releases, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be "row highlight." ;)[/p][hr][p]I'd also like to request that perhaps a new $config variable be introduced to the "Block Feature Options" in config.inc: $config['show_arena']. As a veritable "guild of one," I don't have much interest in arena stats, so I'd like the option to turn them off. :) I'm going to hack this myself for now, but perhaps others might find it useful if it makes it into the next release.[/p][hr][p]Whew! That's all for now...I'm going to upload and upgrade in a minute, so you know you'll see me again shortly if I run into any hangups. ;)[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

Lantis@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    [p] The CSV is easier to parse. The XML is just a huge PITA, given what we're passing back and forth. You still have to pares HTML for the guild summary - that data's never been provided any other way. I went away from the XML parser for two reasons: not everyone had XML support compiled into their PHP binary, and I was never really happy with the parser to begin with - it was too much work, and too much recursion to do something trivial. Plus, I was disgusted by the fact I had to pre-process the "XML" to even keep the XML library from choking on the input to begin with. OK, that's three reasons.[/p][p]Retuning the parser's not really all that hard, once you've got the first one, it's all the changes to the data schema, and the UI that differ between the games that making "universal" would be... eh. :-? I'm not so sure that the Universal Roster is really such a hot idea. I think per-game forks are really a far more nominal path.[/p][p]Seagoat wrote: [/p]
    [p]It's in the contest OP: [size="small"]Friday, April 6, 2007[/size]. Be there, or be square![/p][p] Seagoat wrote: [/p]
    [p]/cough, /sputter - gah! KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!! :shock:[/p][p]Well, let's do these in order:[/p][p]1. No character level in key and heritagemaster - yup, that's true. Looks like I got distracted while I was adding it, since the headers aren't quit right either.[/p][p]2. Using width and height instead of $attr - that was a conscious choice. It's shorter, but less maintainable. Just easier to see what's going on there. Plus, if I ever convert things to use embedded style tags, $attr won't work. Not really important reasons, but that's why.[/p][p]3. Sigmaster typo - uhhh. Mine doesn't have that... Executes fine, too.[/p][p]4. Config.inc typo - I meant to say "lightlight", it's a light color, that lights up! Yeah, that's the ticket...[/p][p]5. Arena stats suppression - okies, easy enough.[/p][p] [/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Dark_Grue wrote:
    [p] Gotcha! I must've missed that the half-dozen times I tried skimming the contest info, LOL.[/p][p] [/p][p]Dark_Grue wrote: [/p]
    [p]ROFL[/p][p]1. Whee![/p][p]2. I figured you had a reason, but I couldn't comprehend what it possibly could have been. ;) Still not sure I comprehend it, but there you go, hehe.[/p][p]3. A freshly extracted copy of the 6.0.2 ZIP that I downloaded from the Clenched Fist site this morning does indeed have that typo...I just re-extracted into a subfolder and looked for that line again, and I'm not going crazy! It's really there!! Line 482! I promise!! LOL[/p][p]4. Nice try. :p[/p][p]5. More whee![/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

[p]1. Indeed :hunf:[/p][p]2. (Rebuttal) Well, most people won't know $attrib expands to width="" height="" ('cause no one reads the documentation), and I'll probably forget that a few months from now when I go through and have to change something. So it's easier to write it out longhand, as it were. There's no appreciable impact on performance, and it's plain to see exactly what's going on there, and what the final string will look like. It's a programming style issue, nothing more.[/p][p]3. You're right, I was wrong. :( I was looking at the curlys outside of the string, and looking for a syntax error. It would have been looking for a file named "officer-{<some_archetype>.png", which is a syntactically-correct statement, but woudn't work as intended.[/p][p]4. What?!? You don't believe me? Just no trust anymore...[/p][p]5. See 1.[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Dark_Grue wrote: [/p]
    [p]2. Po-tay-to, po-tah-to...I know what yer saying. ;)[/p][p]3. OMG!! A man telling a woman that she's right and he's wrong?! That only happens once in, like...ever!! Score!! ;-D *poke*[/p][p](FWIW, I tried to make the offending curly bracket bright blue in my original post, but looking at it now, that formatting apparently got stripped out. *grumble* And here I am, thinking, "I'm pointing right at it!" LOL)[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error.- John Kenneth Galbraith[hr][p][size="large"]Roster Master for Dragonfly 6.0.3[/size][size="large"] [/size][/p][p]Download from the RM4DF project page at http://www.theclenchedfist.com/projects/rm4df/[/p][p]Changes for Version 6.0.3:[/p][li]Fixed minor typo in config.inc comment, and another typo in sigmaster.inc that would cause officer archetype avatars to not be found. Bug reported by Seagoat. [/li][li]Fixed display of character level in Key and Signature Master. Bug reported by Seagoat. [/li][li]CONFIG CHANGE: Added $config['show_Arena']) to control display of Arena kills in block. Feature requested by Seagoat. [/li][li]Added character level to quest query display. Corollary to first bug, although not suggested by Seagoat.[/li][li]Added new category to quest query display: "Not Started (Below Required Level -1)". This differentiates those who haven't started the quest from those who can't or aren't close. Not, in fact, suggested by Seagoat. I actually came up with this one all by myself. Nyah! :mrgreen:[/li]
  8. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

All very valid points regarding the XML vs HTML/CSV issue. I think It's just the tech in me who's fond of using available technologies for what they are meant to do (XML being meant to push data to clients) versus relying on perfectly working solutions that _might_ break anytime (HTML parsing - we got bit once with the eq2players revamp). In an ideal world, SOE would provide a real, compliant XML feed with ALL the required data, and we'd all be happy. But such an ideal world being as far-fetched as a spammer-free Norrath... I'll have to eventually just bite it, and put the XML parser to storage, ready to take it out if such an ideal world were to ever happen. And no, I won't wager a copper on such a thing happening. <sigh> For support of other games, I gave it some thought. I think we should concentrate on providing the best possible experience for our targeted platform. With well-written code, it should be trivial then for someone to fork development to support a different platform. That will also ensure that the main developers won't have the burden of providing support for all the intended platforms in case something breaks (i.e. November's eq2players revamp). This has worked pretty well with the existing forks so far: RM4DF, CDXRoster, etc...
  9. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p] LOL You're moving up in the world! You actually got 1.5 bullets...nice work! :-D (I figure 0.75 each from bullets 4 and 5: you might have thunk 'em up all by yourself, but my name still made it in there!)[/p][p]I'll update the OP momentarily. ;)[/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]*snickers*[/p][p]"row hightlight color"[/p][p]*hands Grue a cup of strong black coffee*[/p][p]I do have a question for you... Because the roster feed -- such as it is -- includes each character's last name (or lack thereof) and it overrides any manually-entered last name, isn't it a little moot to have the "Last Name" field in the "Edit Claim" form? If you change it there, it's just going to get changed back to the in-game value with the next roster update...right?[/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

[p]Silence, philistine! /pounds table with shoe[/p][p]My prose transcends the petty concerns of conventional spelling and grammar! This is high art, not some spelling bee! :x[/p][p]Seagoat wrote: [/p]
    [p]Mnnn, no. None of the feeds provide a surname (old XML, new XML, or CSV), nor does the plain 'old EQ2Players HTML roster - I even just double-checked, to be sure. There's nothing that will overwrite it, and the entry field's still relevant.[/p][p]Are you trying to gaslight me now?[/p][p]>_>[/p][p]<_<[/p][p]I'm still sane, aren't I? :-([/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

The old feed provides it - I've been parsing it since RMSA 1.1.0: ... <membernumber>148</membernumber> <name>Lantis</name> <lastname>Greyluck</lastname> ...
  13. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

Lantis@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    [p]Ahhhh, right. I copied and pasted the wrong URL in and ended up checking the "new" XML feed twice. As you say, the "old" feed has it. [IMG][/p][p]So, err, same answer, just strike the part about the old feed not having it. I'm not parsing the old feed, or XML at all right now. It made the parser easier to deal with, and removed the requirement to have libxml compiled into the PHP binary (which a few people didn't have/couldn't get). [/p][p]...[/p][p] [/p][p]No one's reassuring me about my sanity though. :cry:[/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-Kelia Guest

Finally got around to installing the latest version for Dragonfly and aside from a few small aesthetic issues I'm working out, it's beautiful. Thank you, as always, for your hard work. I did have one question about the logfile. It appears to be flip-flopping on updating the Latest Item Discovered field even though the discovered item remains unchanged. Three different versions over three consecutive updates: Guild Summary: Latest Item Discovered was <a href="/items/item_profile.vm?itemId=151158" class="fieldValue">A Sojourn of Faith</a>, is now A Sojourn of Faith. Guild Summary: Latest Item Discovered was &lt;a href="/items/item_profile.vm?itemId=151158" class="fieldValue"&gt;A Sojourn of Faith&lt;/a&gt;, is now A Sojourn of Faith. Guild Summary: Latest Item Discovered was &amp;lt;a href="/items/item_profile.vm?itemId=151158" class="fieldValue"&amp;gt;A Sojourn of Faith&amp;lt;/a&amp;gt;, is now A Sojourn of Faith. If it matters, I have the logfile set to the minimum amount of spam (1). Any suggestions on how to clean this up?
  15. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Kelia wrote: [/p]
    [p] This has been fixed since RM4DF 6.0.2 (see this post, third bullet; we started discussing it here)...you may want to use a tool like WinMerge to compare your current parser.inc / rostermaster.inc / GWoF block files with freshly extracted ones from the latest ZIP.[/p][p]I believe the changes that need to be made are in parser.inc, but if not, the other two files may have changes as well. (I have a memory like a seive sometimes.) :p[/p][p] [/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Dark_Grue wrote:
    Aww...you're sane! Lantis was right; I was thinking of his fix after the EQ2Players revamp, before the 6.0.0 release of RM4DF. *smacks forehead*
  17. ARCHIVED-Kelia Guest

Ah bugger. Thanks Seagoat. Totally missed that.
  18. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

*chuckles* No worries. ;)
  19. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Kelia, I'm sorry...you're right, it's broken again. My log is once again getting the same spam as before.[/p][p][strike]Please see the discussion posts I referenced about a fix.[/strike][/p][p] [/p][p]EDIT: These two changes should be the only ones that need to be made:[/p][p]In rostermaster.inc, change line 114 to: $data_array[$row['name']] = strip_tags(html_entity_decode($row['value'])); In parser.inc, change line 431 to: if (isset($old_summary_data[$field]) && ($old_summary_data[$field] != strip_tags(html_entity_decode($parsed_summary_data[$field])))) {[/p][p] [/p][p]EDIT #2: You may want to double-check the other line in parser.inc and your GWoF block file just in case, and reupload them to make sure you have all of the fixes required. (Beldak outlines everything here.) You may also need to manually empty the value from the row in your database ( table "[prefix]_roster_master_guild," row "Latest Item Discovered" ) and force an update for the correct value to populate.[/p][p] [/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

[p]Oh, I knew I'd forgotten something... I don't think that line is needed, it would work once correctly, then it would just store the text label, and it wouldn't keep the link, which is what we wanted, and I forgot to check why it was spamming the log. It is spamming the log, I can confirm it, I just can't remember why, so I need to remember.[/p][p]Soooo... go ahead with what Seagoat did. It's probably right, I just need to remember why. Everyone else, standby for .4 (I think we're up to .4, right?) in the next day or too. If you catch anything else, let me know. These major releases are always a PITA... Kill one bug, two pop up. And I can never figure out why they were never obvious before... We had like 8 people or so looking at this at one point, and none of this stuff got found.[/p][p]Just goes to show folks, there's only so much a public beta can do for you.[/p]