"Roster Master" - Guild Roster for Your Personal Guild Website

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Seagoat, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

This will be the official thread for Roster Master, in its many and varied incarnations.
    I will do my best to keep this original post up to date with links to downloads of the various versions. If you find that a link here is broken or out of date, please shoot me an email!
    =====
    *** If you're having problems with Roster Master and you've come here for help, please provide the following information in your post: ***
    • PLATFORM: The CMS your website is running on (i.e., Dragonfly, PostNuke, none, etc.).
    • VERSION: The version of Roster Master you're using (i.e., RM4DF 6.0.1, RMSA 1.2.0, etc.).
    • URL: A website address where we can see your roster in action.
    • ERRORS: Any error messages you're receiving in their entirety.
    • TRIGGERS: Exactly what you're doing (or attempting to do) when you experience the problem.
    • Troubleshooting steps you've taken so far.
    • Whether or not you're running a "tweaked" version of RM (if you've edited the code yourself to change the aesthetics, add features, or remove features).
    This information is vital! Help us help you...be as thorough and as detailed as possible.
    Unless you're an advanced user and are familiar with the code, it's typically best to start with clean installation of the RM files as-is, only changing the configuration file to contain your guild's basic information and your personal preferences. This goes for new installs and upgrades! Hold off on any core code changes and customizations until you're sure that Roster Master will run properly on your website "right out of the box."
    =====
    Current Roster Master Projects

=====
    Roster Master-Related Resources (Blocks, modules, or other content that utilize Roster Master code or database tables.)
    For Dragonfly CMS users:

=====
    EQ2-Specific Resources (Other website enhancements that EQ2 players and guilds may find useful.)
    *** These websites may also contain other useful downloads that are not EQ2-specific! ***
    For Dragonfly CMS users:

For PHP-Nuke CMS users:
    For All Users:
    • Title: EQ2-Related Graphics
    • Description: Various icon sets (for use on fan sites / guild sites, in graphics, etc.)
      • 5 Archetype Icons (fighter, mage, priest, scout, and artisan)
      • 24 Class Icons
      • 7 "EQ2" Logo Icons (additional colors available upon request)
      • 8 Guild Rank Insignias (default colors and white)
      • 14 Tradeskill Archetype / Class / Subclass Icons
    • Point of Contact: Seagoat
    • Download Site: http://thehalasianempire.com/downloads/

• Module Name: RaidNinja
    • Description: Manage raid signups using a signup system to pre-authorize attendees. Support for many CMS systems and can plug directly into Roster Master. (Visit the website for more information about prerequisites and supported CMSs.)
    • Current Stable Release: 2.0
    • Release Date: 9 August 2007
    • Point of Contact: Beldak or Falcon
    • Project Homepage: http://www.raidninja.com/
    • Download Site: http://www.raidninja.com/downloads.php
    =====
    *** Developers, please send me your information so I can add it here! ***
    *** Please try to include all of the information listed for other projects above: ***
    • Module Name:
    • Prerequisites: (if any)
    • Current Stable Release:
    • Release Date:
    • In Development:
    • Point of Contact: (EQ2 Forums username with valid email address or link to a contact page)
    • Project Homepage:
    • Download Site: (This should NOT be a file URL, but rather a link to a download description page)
    =====
    Other Stuff
    • Item: Original "Roster Master" thread archive
    • Description: The original RM thread has been preserved for reference purposes (with images removed to decrease annoyance / bandwidth usage).
    • Point of Contact: Seagoat
    • URL: http://thehalasianempire.com/df/rm/01.php
    =====
  2. ARCHIVED-Dyse Guest

Checking in :)
    DF-Roster Master 6.0.0 RC4 running w/o problems.
    Though I would love to get ahold of the prismatics. I tried to do it myself, but came across too many problems (yeah I was half asleep, but almost achieved it). I'll dig down deeper later.
    Anyway, to help kick off the new official Dragonfly CMS Roster Master thread... This one program was WELL WORTH the switch from Xoops, Postnuke, Phpnuke etc to have this wonderful program for guild!
  3. ARCHIVED-Caela Guest

Yay! New bright shining thread!I have loved DragonFly, and recommend any guild that is thinking of making a website and trying to choose a Content Management System to consider DF. The EQ2 community support for modules, blocks etc is great. But I also found it much easier to use than PostNuke and PHPNuke.I look forward to the 6.0 release of RM4DF - and the updated GEM and Playtimes modules by Stremok.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

(RMerlin here - got caught in the 'Thou must change thy forum name", so I went with my main character's name)

Roster Master Stand Alone version 1.1.0-rm Beta 2

Current download link: http://www.lostrealm.ca/files/roste...master110b2.zip

This is the stand-alone version (i.e. works with any website, only requirement is PHP. SQL server optional but recommended). It also supports basic integration with phpBB 2.x.x or Invision Power Board 2.x.x to allow character mapping.

I have taken over development of this version since 1.0.4. This version works with the new EQ2Players website.

Changes in 1.1.0+rm Beta 2 (8-Feb-2007 )
    *** Database modified - please run rm_db_install.php and select appropriate upgrade option***

- NEW: Optional display of Rank, Adventurer and Tradeskill class icons (see README-rm.txt for info)
    - NEW: Display characters lastname and completed quests
    - IMPROVED: Added error handling in the eq2players data fetch function.
    - IMPROVED: Sort order now displayed in column headers
    - IMPROVED: Replaced the 'Sort' image by a standard button.
    - IMPROVED: Class and level are now in one single column
    - IMPROVED: Various improvements to the default rostermaster2.css stylesheet, for a more polished look.
    - IMPROVED: Upgrading your database will now remind you to remove the rm_db_install.php
    file for safety.
    - IMPROVED: Upgrading your database will also display a link that will force the
    database content to be refreshed, and display the updated roster.
    - FIXED: Wasn't displaying the available menu options (Claim, Logfile, etc...).
    - FIXED: Logfile spam related to tradeskill class and quests
    - FIXED: Would fill the database with gibberish for Joined Date when trying to generate a date out
    of the null value returned by EQ2players.
    - FIXED: Artisan class will now properly show 'Unskilled" if the character hasn't chosen a
    valid tradeskill profession yet and you are using a database for storage.

If no problem is reported, this will become the 1.1.0-rm release within the next week or so.
  5. ARCHIVED-Excalibre3377 Guest

Prismatic Trackers are at the top of my wish list for Roster Master. (RMFDF preferred)
    If anyone is working on them I'd love to help and have a publicly accessible DragonFly testing site available.
  6. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

Roster Master for Dragonfly provides a method to integrate the Sony EverQuest II Guild Roster into your Dragonfly CMS site. Fully integrated into the site, you can manage and view your guild's data right from your portal. A block is also provided that displays guild statistical data similiar to that found on the guild summary page on the EQ2Players.com website.
    NOTE: As of Live Update #29: November 14, 2006 (Echoes of Faydwer), SoE made significant changes to the EQ2Players.com website and the roster data feeds which have cause Roster Master to cease to function properly. All versions prior to and including 5.1.4 (the current release version) are affected. Version 6.0.0 is currently under development testing, and will address the EoF changes.
    BTW, what's up with the original development thread getting deleted? Everything else was saved, it would seem...
  7. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Dark_Grue wrote:
    I suspect that in the migration, they deleted every thread that was started more than 'x' days ago. Since the Rostermaster thread was started eons ago, it didn't make the cutoff date.
  8. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Ok, I've edited the OP with info for RM4DF and Landis' stand-alone version. Anybody else working on another version who wants to send me their info should address an email containing said info to riannon@thehalasianempire.com. :)
    Landis, I have a question: Can you continue to offer the latest stable release for download anywhere (rather than just the latest beta), or are you limited by server space / bandwidth constraints? If you are, I've got plenty of both on the Empire site, and I'd be happy to host your files there -- or you can register and maintain them there yourself. :) Up to you, but I thought I'd ask and offer!
  9. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Seagoat wrote:
    Hi,

The latest "non-beta" is still available, it's just that the URL got lost in the forum change. The archive is available here:

http://www.lostrealm.ca/files/roste...aster104rm2.zip

I only added a link on my website a few nights ago. Since 1.0.4-rm2 still had a significant number of bugs left from Rex's original code, I decided to only put 1.1.0 beta 2 there for the moment, expecting to have it final within a night or two. It got delayed by a few days as I got reports of the old (untested) Claim code not working properly, but a fix is currently being tested, and I expect 1.1.0 final to show up within a day or two now.
  10. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Thanks for the update, Lantis. :) OP has been amended!
  11. ARCHIVED-VulcanDarksoul Guest

For those interested I'm back into swing on programming GEM v2.0. See the links above to read up on the next version.
  12. ARCHIVED-ZackSoF Guest

Lantis, Thanks for updating the stand alone. I'm trying to get it integrated back into my site but I keep getting a blank page after a clean install. Running PHP Version 5.1.6 and MySQL 5.0.24 on IIS. Any thoughts you might have would be great. :)
  13. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

ZackSoF wrote:
    If you have shell access to your site, try running it from the shell to see any particular error message:

php rostermaster.php
    Any PHP error will be spit out at the console. My first guess would be something's wrong in your config.php file, assuming that's the only file you edited.
  14. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

RosterMaster Stand Alone 1.1.0 (RMSA for short) is now available.

This is the stand-alone version (i.e. works with any website, only requirement is PHP with XML support (most PHP install do). SQL server optional but recommended). It also supports basic integration with phpBB 2.x.x or Invision Power Board 2.x.x to allow character mapping.

I have taken over development of the standalone version since 1.0.4. This version works with the new EQ2Players website.

You can download it from here.

Demo site: http://www.lostrealm.ca/eq2/rm/

Changes since 1.0.4-rm2:

*** Database modified - please run rm_db_install.php and select appropriate upgrade option ***

- Since I have Rex's blessing to take over development of the Stand Alone version I am dropping the
    "-rm" suffix.
    - NEW: Optional display of Rank, Adventurer and Tradeskill class icons
    - NEW: Display characters lastname and completed quests
    - NEW: Added an alternative, dark-themed CSS file (css/rostermaster1.css).
    - IMPROVED: Added error handling in the eq2players data fetch function.
    - IMPROVED: Sort order now displayed in column headers
    - IMPROVED: Replaced the 'Sort' image by a standard button.
    - IMPROVED: Class and level are now in one single column
    - IMPROVED: Various improvements to the default rostermaster2.css stylesheet, for a more polished look.
    - IMPROVED: Upgrading your database will now remind you to remove the rm_db_install.php
    file for safety.
    - IMPROVED: Upgrading your database will also display a link that will force the
    database content to be refreshed, and display the updated roster.
    - IMPROVED: Added a .htaccess file to the /includes folder to deny direct web browser access,
    for improved security.
    - IMPROVED: Updated documentation.
    - FIXED: Will now properly display the available menu options (Claim, Logfile, etc...).
    - FIXED: Eliminated logfile spam related to tradeskill class and quests
    - FIXED: Will no longer fill the database with gibberish for Joined Date when trying to generate
    a date out of the null value currently returned by EQ2players.
    - FIXED: Artisan class will now properly show 'Unskilled" if the character hasn't chosen a
    valid tradeskill profession yet and you are using a database for storage.
    - FIXED: Deleting a claim wasn't working.
    - FIXED: Made logfile.html use the CSS stylesheet.

Thanks to everyone who has reported bugs and provided feedback - this is much appreciated!

What's in store for the future:
    My main goals here are:

- To provide a simple, easy to install, RosterMaster that will work with simple, personal guild sites. Many sites only wants a basic roster display to complement their guild website.

- To provide the community with a basic version that can be used as a starting point for any other forked development aimed at specific CMS. It's easier to build CMS support on top of a basic version than to take a complex CMS-heavy version such as RM4DF and attempting to convert it for MyUberCMS (this requires that you be familiar with BOTH CMS).

For that reason, the StandAlone will remain as CMS-agnostic as possible. The only exception currently is the character claim features, as they can serve as a starting point for integration into other forum software.

(So far I know of at least one new fork: someone has already ported RosterMaster Standalone to Vanguard.)

So, the next few versions will mostly see more code cleanup, and improvements on the existing features. I also intend to give some love to the character claim functions (now that I have a test phpBB setup done to work on it).

After that... we'll see what ended up on my TODO list at that moment. :)
  15. ARCHIVED-ZackSoF Guest

Lantis wrote:
    It's my personal server. I forgot I had error messages and notices turned off. I went ahead and enabled it and found out I had CURL support disabled in my PHP config. :)
  16. ARCHIVED-ZackSoF Guest

Lantis, FYI, the druid.png file is missing from the images directory.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kitra Guest

I have all of the prismatics for RM4DF (cept the links for Claymore line, been pretty busy lately) however things arent working very well in the 6.0 version, Changes were made beyond a simple CharID to characterID so I am backtracing the issues. I also had to find these forums again since SoE in all their glory "Upgraded" the forums and as usual, something wont work...that lovely SORT by DATE or anything for that matter is GONE, really nice considering ANY search posts results OUT of order...sorry, letting something as simple as this bother me but come on...
    either way, I will either a) have it fixed in a couple days and/or b) post the 5.14 versions for those still using it
    Kitra
  18. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

ZackSoF wrote:
    I'll add it to the list of requirements in the docs - I forgot about it when I amended the docs to put the XML requirement in there.
  19. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

ZackSoF wrote:
    That's probably because Druids aren't a class - Wardens and Furies are :) Since SOE dropped the archetype classes a while ago and made you start with your final class right at level 1, this should never be used by RosterMaster.
  20. ARCHIVED-ZackSoF Guest

Lantis wrote:
    *slaps forehead* I haven't had time to play in ages and I'd forgotten that. Sorry. :) We have a member with an alt who is still listed as a Druid.