Revisiting Recklessness

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Silzin, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Boli Active Member

Scroll up I gave mine for pallys ;)

In the same line I would suggest the following for Monks:

remove recklessness
    put +strength +s/c/p +the proc on the self buff, remove -s/c/p off the defensive stance

Offensive:
    -30% hate gain
    Every time you press a combat art you immediately attack again with "Quick Jab" for xxx-yyyy damage
    Every time you press a combat art you generate a Chi point which lasts for 30s
    Each Chi point increases the damage of Quick Jab by 5%, you can have a maximum of 50 chi points.
    Each Chi point increases the attack speed and casting speed of your raid-wide buff by 4

Defensive:
    +30% hate gain
    +Mitigation
    +Innate Block Chance
    Each time you block an attack generates a "Flow Like Water" Point which lasts for 30s to a maximum of 50 points
    Each Flow point increases the duration of wards and reactives by 0.2s
    Each Flow point increases the Ability Mod of the group by 25

Perhaps not the best ideas.. but the principle is sound... no recklessness but powerful stances which need to be charged up to be effective.
  2. Silzin Active Member

I say your first one, and i like the ideas. I think your monk ideas would be nice also and i like the direction that you are going with the 2. this would make the Pally more group buffing and the Monk more self buffing, witch is more along the lines that i have seen from the past anyway. I am also trying to get the others in the thread back on topic and thinking about how to improve what we have, not just bickering.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

The Bickering was quite high, if you are going on the train of idea Boli is going with though, Zerks would have to be group-dps and Guards group-survival (at least for Warriors) as that is what they used to do, at least back in KoS. I don't have a table thought up, but interesting ideas, I may take a stab at Guardians later on.
  4. Silzin Active Member

I still think the Dev's are a lot more likely to just "Fix" the existing Reckless ability, but i think the best thing to do would be to change the existing O and D Stances so we can be Defensive or Offensive as we need.

So, for Offensive stances:
    Guard - ST Self DPS?
    Zerker - AoE group damage proc?
    Monk - ST Self DPS
    Bruiser - AoE Self DPS
    SK - Self DPS and groupPot?
    Pally - group dps/Pot?

Defensive Stance:
    Guards - Group Survivability
    Zerker - .... a Defensive Zerker ... nothing comes to mind other then Group Survivability in a different way?
    Monk - Self hp/dodge or riposte ?
    Bruiser - self stone skins ?
    SK - group Life Tap proc maybe also a Power Tap proc?
    Pally - group Survivability ? ... different from Guards

these are just a beginning ideas. more detail per class would be needed.
  5. Boli Active Member

At a glance :

guardians - defensive:
    gain charges when you take damage
    charges with increase group-wide accuracy / strikethrough s/c/p/spell
    when guardian is hit *small* chance to reset all BENEFICIAL spells for group
    at 25+ charges perfect counter groupwide

guardians -offensive :
    gain charges from CA, at 25 charges each CA triggers twice; at 50 triggers 3 times.
    each charge increase str/Wis/agi/int of group.

berserkers-defensive
    if parried /riposite generate a charge (50 Max)
    increase chance to parry by 1% (if dual weilding)
    increase chance of riposite by 2% (100% at 50)
    each charge increases group weapon dam by. by 0.2
    each charge increases group weapon range by 0.1m

berserkers - offensive
    every CA deals massive AoE damage (single target if single) and generates a charge
    every charge increases weapon dam of group by 0.2%
    increases weapon damage mod by 20 if dual weilding

obviously my ideas outside my classes "fail" but I think the principle is sound.
  6. Bchizzle Active Member

This is just silly.

First off you want to give some tanks group benefit and some tanks self, sorry but the group ones will just be first choice every time. Secondly I am reading that you want to make a guardian more defensive? Aren't they defensive enough? We don't need to go overboard on defensive ultility just because its a guardian, if anything giving them something offensive would be a better balancer as when you put everything out there tanks should all basically be able to do the same job just some are a LITTLE better at some stuff vs others.
  7. Boli Active Member

if guard gave extremley offensive buffs it'll basically be be giving them upgraded combat mastery and if they are the best defensive tank as well...
  8. Silzin Active Member

Well, this may just be me, but i have always seen the Brawlers as very selfish for buffs, the Warriors a bit less so, and the Crusaders very group buffing concentric. also i am just trying to get and keep the conversation going and trying to get more tanks to talk up and give there ideas about this. I am having a hard time thinking of what would be best or even proper a lot of the time for the classes.
  9. Bchizzle Active Member

Not sure how a suggestion about giving guard something a little more offensive turns into them getting an upgraded combat mastery. But here is my problem, if they are building content that everyone should be able to tank then if you make guards way to freaking extreme on the defensive side then all that defensive stuff is essentially a waste of time because you don't need it. Now if you make content so hard that only a guard can tank it then you mess over all other tanks. Guards don't need more defensive stuff. Sure give them more utility or more DPS or whatever you want to make the class grow but realistically a guard has enough defense.
  10. Boli Active Member

bingo issue #1 there is not enough content to challenge!

defensive tanks in general fail as "why take a more defensive tank if the offensive does the same but wig more buffs DPS"

so if def tanks allow better survivabily for the GROUP and themselves its a win-win
  11. Bchizzle Active Member

The fact brawlers don't have a group buff yet is mindblowing. Back in the day devs explained it away by saying it was because we had a middle stance. Then when the middle stance was removed we got nothing for it. Thank goodness for combat mastery or brawlers wouldn't bring anything to the group.
  12. Boli Active Member

Combat mastery.
  13. Boli Active Member

whatever the other fighters bring CM makes everything else pale in comparison. I mean 8% pot = overpowered!
  14. Bchizzle Active Member

I dont see mage groups begging for combat mastery. Besides combat mastery is an AA choice its not like its an actual group buff like every other tank class gets. Basically its more comparable to say something like death march.
  15. Controlor Member

I am confused by this statement here. So every aa choice group buff (permanent or temp) does not count in your book as a group buff? If that is the case then brawlers make up for lack of innate group buffs by having more innate self buffs.
  16. Davngr Well-Known Member

because it's broken.
    anyone who knows anything about game balance knows this.

but me directly? i just want to have as many tanks in raid as i see in the raid window NOT hearing when a mob gets loose or when the mt dies for whatever reason that we wiped because all the other tanks were in reckless.

thus really... i just want the 50% damage removed.. keep your broken damage, i dun care anymore.
  17. Bchizzle Active Member

Brawlers dont magically have more innate self buffs. Not sure where you would get this idea other then our of thin air.
  18. Controlor Member

Taking a comparative look at buffs. Excluding the raidwide buff (every tank gets at least 1), snaps, stances, myth buff (not necessarily the myth click though), and intercept / avoid buff. Including heals, dps buffs, proc buffs, stoneskins, other temp buffs etc (both group and self).

Monks 2 Perm buffs, 6 Temp buffs.
    Bruisers 2 Perm Buffs, 7 Temp buffs.
    Guards 3 Perm Buffs, 6 Temp buffs.
    SK's 4 Perm Buffs, 5 Temp buffs.
    Paladins 4 Perm Buffs, 6 Temp buffs.
    Zerkers 5 Perm Buffs, 9 Temp buffs.

Zerkers get a lot of self temp buffs for both offense and defense. Monks could use either 1 more permanent buff or 1 more temp buff (self or group). The rest are relatively in line with each other. These are all spells you get as a class not including AA stuff.
  19. Boli Active Member

I'm sure the healers are praising the paladin in the raid with 1.25% potency and 120 WIS

Quality > Quantity
  20. Bchizzle Active Member

Its no different than the haste/casting speed buff that most people are capped on without it that my monk gives.