Revisiting Recklessness

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Silzin, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Draylore Well-Known Member

Its just a stupid and honestly selfish risk to be taking........pretty parses on insignificant trash mobs are not worth stressing your healers or getting people needlessly killed because aggro in bouncing all over the damn place. Tanks are in raids to tank and protect...pure and simple......not to add risk where there should not be any....if that is not good enough for them then the should roll a different toon.
  2. Atan Well-Known Member

Reckless should never have been added. The best course of action is to simply admit the mistake and remove it.
    Seiffil, Draylore and Estred like this.
  3. Draylore Well-Known Member

SoE admit a mistake? I guess we can dream.
  4. Yukishiro1 Active Member

The idea behind recklessness is solid enough. It's just terribly implemented.
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

No. The idea is poo. If you want to DPS and not tank log your DPS alt on for trash. The idea that you get to DPS and keep all your personal, group, and raid survivability bonuses while also dosing is a bad idea. Always has been.
  6. Yukishiro1 Active Member

Uh the point is that different encounters require different amounts of tanks. It is pretty silly to suggest that you should just be subbed out of the raid if you're not needed for that encounter.

Recklessness doesn't need to make tanks as good at DPS as DPS classes but the basic idea of making a tank slightly less useless on an encounter that only requires 1 tank is solid enough.
  7. Wanyen Active Member

If the point is to provide meaningful contribution from that coveted raid slot, perhaps an indirect contribution would be adequate, if it was significant? Buffs being an obvious place to provide that indirect contribution, much like bards. Of course, adding raid wide buffs that affect everyone, effect everything. So how do you add the utility that would warrant 'extra' fighters without breaking other things immediately?

The other more obvious route to go is to improve or add an ability that aides or enhances the other fighters in a direct manner. Perhaps, and this is just brainstorming, nothing really thought out to any logical conclusion or with any consideration of consequence, is threat or snap transfer to the other, targeted fighter. I know that would be wonky, without even thinking about it, but its someplace to perhaps restart the conversation. And it would need some kind of significant tradeoff or limit.. or else its just standard practice, and everything gets balanced around that, which really doesn't improve anything. Perhaps, if the threat/positional dump was only fractional, and on some kind of appropriate reuse, or could only follow a certain event.. or both..

Or perhaps class unique and somewhat appropriate aids.. like paladins would add an increment to all death saves for all fighters, guardians would add a regenerating stoneskin to all fighters, etc..
  8. Veeman Active Member

Already talking about Recklessness again? This was all beaten to death just before it was released. Many us even got banned for a short period of time due to our poor selection of wording o_O. They should have fixed the offensive stances for all tanks instead but they didn't. SoE wanted Recklessness and we got it no matter how hard a lot of people protested against it. I say leave it alone, and have people use it as is or don't use it. Your choice. Putting a lot of programmer time in fixing a bad idea only gets you a slightly less bad idea. Poor return on your programming time if you ask me.
  9. Davngr Well-Known Member

the inc damage needs to be removed. i'm so sick and tired wipes do to every tank being dead because they were in reckless when the mob got loose.

yes there are saves and yes their healers might have been slacking but that's what tanks are in raid for. that's what tanks are suppose to do, control the encounter.
  10. Veeman Active Member

Hint: if you want to tank, stay out of recklessness. When in recklessness you are not longer there to control the encounter but to do a lot of DPS on the mobs and be squishy like the rest of us.
  11. Davngr Well-Known Member

i don't raid a tank.

i'm just tired of the tanks being dead do to this dumb stance that they refuse to stop using.

so...

just remove the 50% inc damage. i rather have an overpowerd tank than no tank at all.
  12. Veeman Active Member

The problem with what you are asking for it that it makes tanks WAY over powered. If I could raid with my Monk or SK in recklessness without worrying about the 50% damage it would put me very high on the parse list. The problem, as you are describing it, is not that there is a flaw with recklessness but the flaw is your tanks. It would be a lot easier for you to replace your tanks then for SoE to spend endless hours on trying to fix recklessness when it doesn't need fixed.
  13. Hoosierdaddy Active Member

If they don't know when to change stances, your tanks are just plain bad.

That is all.
    StaticLex likes this.
  14. Skream Member

^^

Sounds to me like the problem appears to be tanks not knowing when/when not to use reckless. Championing for the ability to be completely removed because a small minority are abusing the ability seems naive. (Conj's timewarp Eblasting on pull/Rangers Snipershot on pull, pulling aggro on encounters etc) should we remove those abilities as well?

I'll admit it could do with a couple small tweeks but I like the option of being able to do some dps.
  15. Davngr Well-Known Member

endless hours?

really?
  16. Davngr Well-Known Member

if you change the stance mid fight then you're pretty much dead anyway so i'm not exactly sure how that's of any benefit.

don't come here acting like this doesn't happen in your raids because i don't believe you and the rest of the posters don't either.
  17. Seiffil Active Member

It's a matter of your tanks knowing which fights they can run in reckless. For us, it's usually when we have our 3rd tank available and we know chances are slim we'll need to call on him to tank.

Having bad tanks who think they need to spend as much time as possible in Reckless, and the blame SOE because they take too much damage is more along the lines of what Estred said above, "How do you fix Stupid?"

While, I'd rather it be removed as Atan said, currently there's a time and place for it be used, however it's up to the players to know when they can and can't use it.
    Estred likes this.
  18. Davngr Well-Known Member

the damage taken is too much. tanks in reckless take more damage than mages, this stance has not added more tanks to the raid it has removed them.

also the tanks that don't die in reckless aren't "fixing stupid" they're just in group with good healers/healer who is focusing on not letting them die.

devs aren't going to take this bs stance out of the game so, i would just like to get my tanks back in the raid. you know.. the classes that are suppose to tank mobs.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

I keep tanks in my group that are in reckless alive without 'focusing on it'.. I just keep my heals rolling like I do for my group normally and cure promptly. I've never noticed my 'extra' tanks spiking more then the scouts in my group
  20. Malleria Well-Known Member

If your reckless tank isn't tanking anything, sure, they're easy to keep up. If you aren't noticing a difference when they're actually tanking a mob, your other healer/s are covering for you.