Revisiting Recklessness

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Silzin, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Davngr Well-Known Member

cheeseman, do you know what makes EQ2 raiding so good?

the ability to recover from adversity, it's not just me saying this is a widely known fact. in other popular games, the raid just does exactly what needs to be done and if they don't do it, they fail and if they do they win.

this ability negates what makes EQ2 raiding great and you tell me it's not compelling?

it's not the fighters fault, when they use reckless it's because it's the right time to use it but things happen because again.. what makes EQ2 raiding so great is the adversity of raiding the fact that things can go wrong and you can pull out of it, if your tanks don't get dead, that is.

there is nothing that can be done to "teach" people playing tanks how not to die when they are taking 50% more base damage. my assassin can take a hit better than my guard in reckless, unless my guard has a save up but reckless tanks use the saves not to die while trying to dps so when the mob does turn to them, the saves are down.
  2. Silzin Active Member

the resin i started this thread is i am not satisfied with the way the existing Recklessness Stance works. just removing the penalties from the existing Recklessness is a very bad idea. it will not work for the purpose that it is designed for.

both of the major penalties have been mentioned about being a problem for tanks using Recklessness to raid. This actually means that the idea of the penalties is working, or it means that the penalties are not working well enough, since tanks are still using it to tank. This is where we have a choice.

1.Do we revamp the existing Recklessness stance to solve the original problem better? This would need to change how it affects each tank and how it busts its dps.
    Or
    2.Do we revamp the Recklessness stance so it was a more group and not personal focus?
    Or
    3.Do we remove the versatility and options for having a separate Offensive Stance and Recklessness stance?

I think that all of the stances for all of the tanks need to be rebalanced when these changes are made.

Edit: I think numbers 1 or 3 would be the best, but i included 2 since it was recommended in the thread several times.