Return Home to the Isle of Refuge Prestige Home

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Baphmistra Active Member

Cool! Thank you SOE, I always wanted to see the Isle of Refuge, and that hint I got on the beta test was nice, but now I can get the one that actually hasn't been damaged! Now if only you would start doing the double SC deals again...
    Tierisch likes this.
  2. Podji New Member

You can get your Account Age by opening your Character window opening the stats tab on the side, go down to the bottom of the tab you will find the age of the account in days, mouse over the number and a window will open and show you the the years months and days (adjusted for the expansion packs you have bought).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just for the record I am disappointed with SOE that the house is one per account and that others can buy it before I can get it as a Vet reward (10 years 11 months 10 days as of this writing).

The Vet awards have always been something special to look forward to. The rewards seem to have been getting cheaper and cheaper as time goes on instead of more special. The merc for 10 year where nice but useless to Tanks, Now we get One house and nothing else the houses at the other house was per toon so it gives the appearance the you no longer value those of use that are over 10 year vets.

At lest add something else to the award something that is not open to everyone, possible something special for the adventures (maybe a Scout, Healer or Mage merc) as well as something for the crafters, the logistics might be hard if the house is only one per account if so it might need to be one per toon.

Vet awards where started so that SOE could show its appreciation to people that has be with them from the beginning and make them feel appreciated, How special is a single House that every one can get by spending money?

Remember Vet rewards have usually included things that you only get for being with the game for a long time.
    Tierisch, Alenna and Juraiya like this.
  3. Podji New Member

The one I toured in beta had the tower open, the trap door did zone you to the crafting basement, and a special surprise with the door to zone into the end game area.

But I agree I was disappointed that you cant get into the tree house or temple of life.

--------------------------------------------------

It's to late but these and the missing third of the island additions to the Vet house to make it special for the Vets (It would help quell some of the anger).
    Tierisch likes this.
  4. Podji New Member

Just a suggestion but you might not want to announce the Vet awards the day before they go live and give the Vets a month or more to give you feedback on the rewards that way you have time to make changes or modify things. It would be less painful to the Devs, CS, and the Vets.
  5. Qixil Active Member

While I would much rather have the house be one per character, I can live with it. What I think would be a good compromise is to have 2 vet rewards this year, one that is the house claimable on x toon(s) and one that all toons can claim, even if it's an exp potion or 6 (new exp level increase).
    Tierisch and Mowse like this.
  6. Juraiya Well-Known Member

And why was my post from earlier deleted? It was not a troll or a flame, it was a criticism. SOE, if you cannot take criticism, you only prove that you'd rather bury your heads in the sand and pretend everyone loves you no matter what you do. I've been with EQ2 for over 10 years (the "new member" is only because I don't post on the forums), and I'm being treated like an annoying insect. Thanks, Sony. I pay yearly, but I don't think I'll be renewing again, since you can't accept any input that doesn't make you out to be superheroes.

I will reiterate what I stated before, and hope that Sony at least respects me this time: I am NOT happy that the house is one per account. Vet awards have NEVER been one per account; this is a departure from the standard that makes no sense. We got a house for year 7; it was one per character. Why an 11 year award should be of lesser value than a 7 year reward really doesn't make any sense, and I wish they would rethink it before it is too late to change their minds.

Edit: I actually said it NICER before, but I'm too angry now to be as nice. They deleted what was actually a gently critical post, apparently thinking it was a flame, which only proves that they are simply unable to accept any criticism whatsoever.
    Tylia, Tierisch, SierraDawn and 2 others like this.
  7. Miragian Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is related to why it's only one per account but I figure this would be a good place to point out (from beta): I do not have a confirmation on if this is going in with the expansion, or before or after, but houses on beta now recognize any of the owner's alts that are on the same account as trustee with regards to adding/removing and moving items. These auto-trustee alts do NOT show up on the access list, so visiting using the guildhall portal is still out unless you place them manually on the trustee list as well, but this is still a happy thing for many of us!
    Credit to Den mom for the info.
    Foretold likes this.
  8. Darln Active Member

In the past, the Veteran Reward (based on age of the one account) was available to each character on that account. If you look in your /claim for past Veteran Rewards, you will see that it states "one per character".
  9. Ahupu Well-Known Member

They changed it a while back so that vet time dates to account creation. So indeed you could have played for a month at launch and quit until today and still have all the rewards including the new house. So yeah it isn't a reward for loyal play anymore, it is now a reward for starting your account a long time ago.
    Tierisch, Feldon and Foretold like this.
  10. Merriel Well-Known Member

Seriously, I was quite surprised to find SOE gives Vet rewards out per character, as opposed to per account, right from the start of my claiming vet rewards. I'm not surprised to see them make this move, as they do need to gather revenue somehow and obviously are not getting it by giving all these 'freebies' away 'per character'.

While I love the idea of getting items per character on the account, this isn't very bothersome to me, because for the most part, I only claim the items on a few characters and the rest sit in the /claim window, untouched. I have the opportunity for 9 Ethernere Enclaves, yet have only actually claimed two of them. Having them make the items available to my other characters via the SC shop, at least opens up the opportunity for me to obtain these items for my other characters as well, should I desire the items badly enough.

This isle has been special to many players, and though I'm not a 10 year vet, I was around when the isle was still in existence, so I am glad that this is being made available to us as well, via the marketplace. I would have been very disappointed if it had not been made available to those of us who haven't played from the start of the game, though I would not have complained, either. I wouldn't complain if they suddenly decided to not make it available in the marketplace and changed it to one per character either, as I know eventually I would hit that vet mark and it would become available to me at that point (will be a few years down the road, though). Just having it on the marketplace, speeds up the time it becomes available to me, and earns SOE a bit of revenue as well. I can't complain about that. I will purchase one isle, and that's all I will need for my entourage of characters.

Quite often I do voice my concerns over unpopular changes that SOE makes, but this is, for once, one of those changes that I can actually find myself supporting or at least agreeing to, and not because it works in my favor, but because I don't see it being a game-breaking change. As I said, I would not complain, should they change their minds and go back to the way things were before, even if it means delaying the time in which I would get to enjoy this lovely new prestige home. The fact remains, it would eventually become available to me, so the only difference to me is the time difference between having this home available to me now, at a cost of SC, or having the home available to me at a later date, free of cost.

Edit:

What did surprise me was to see them make the potions and gems in the expac available to only one character on the account. It's things like that, that really should be per character and not per account, since you would most likely use them on all characters (assuming they are all max level). Personally, I could care less about the gems and potions, but I just wonder, sometimes, what SOE is thinking when they make some of these ridiculous changes.
    Charlice, Tierisch and SierraDawn like this.
  11. Murmix New Member

Wooooooooooooooot =)
    Great news, can't wait to get it =)
    Good Job =)
    Candalyn likes this.
  12. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Wish I was able to give mine away once I roll over 11yrs (not that long). I have no interest in housing, and more to the point, going to an empty zone as a house - would be like having fond memories of the town you grew up in, and have someone give you a copy - empty. It's was the npc's and content, not the location that made it memorable.
    I specifically don't do the Freeport and Qeynos old residential zone quests if I can help it - they are depressing. eg I want Longshadow Alley as a grimy backstabbing dump home for my grimy backstabbing brigand - he doesn't want to be a small fish in a big pond (ie the Hasbro themed main Freeport area). Questing in those zones ruin them , definitely not enhancing them.
  13. Jaqen Member

when will this be releasing today?
  14. Armageddoux Active Member

15. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I am not a happy 10/11 year veteran player. This should be one per character, not one per account. I play on three different servers and was looking forward to having at least one island fully decorated on each. Now I have to choose where to put my house? Not nice SOE, not nice at all.

And to immediately put it up for SC? Really? I wouldn't mind so much if the SC version was wiped clean of the buildings and props that represent our time on the island, but to only make it different by a few plushies is not enough.

The only thing that comes to mind is GREED.
  16. Mowse Well-Known Member

Will it have the theme music too? I miss that. And potions. Add reward potions
    Tierisch likes this.
  17. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

"On Tuesday, November 4, 2014, the Isle of Refuge Prestige Home will be available and adventurers will be able to have their very own private piece of history!"

Ok . . . I don't see it on the prestige housing list to view or tour. Do I have to wait until my 10th anniversary to be able to "see" it?? Cause I have been on and it's not there yet.
  18. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Afista_SOECommunity Relations

[IMG]

Ratza said:
    “Is this 1 house per toon or one per Veteran account?”
    The Veteran Reward (which is the Isle house + population pack) is one per account.
    ONE per ACCOUNT???? Oh boy . .guess I will have to decide who gets it then.
  19. Argonath Member

I am very excited to be able to return to the place where I first learned the ways of a mage and battled my first goblin and undead. I personally don't really need more than one per char because really only my main char was ever there when it was the isle of refuge others came when it changed to queens/overlords colony which wasn't the same. But I do think that if they were going to sell it in marketplace then it should have gone on sale sometime after the expansion release.

Waiting till after expansion would allow vets who want to decorate and enjoy it to do so before those who have never known the original isle to set foot on its pristine beaches. I do like the veteran only plushies and character replicas and can't wait to talk to them again after all these years. All and all I'm excited to see this place again (though I think I have to wait a couple more days because when game launched Gamestop screwed me by not having my CE in on day one:mad:).
  20. Foretold Well-Known Member

My original tin CE box was delayed THREE WEEKS... so I don't get my island until November 27th. That was the longest three weeks of my life then, and its fixin to be another long three weeks now... But there will be so much to do when the expansion comes out that I won't have time to mess with the island anyway.

And once again, I am always so amazed at the complaining on this board. Some folks need a reality check, just sayin.
    Tierisch, Vordreth and Argonath like this.