Return Home to the Isle of Refuge Prestige Home

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

It’s been ten years since some adventurers first came ashore on the Isle of Refuge. For some, there’s nothing more memorable than the first time they set foot on the pristine beach while seeking refuge from the turbulent seas. The island was a place of new beginnings, where allegiances formed and adventurers learned skills that would help them survive in these new lands. Well, now it’s time for adventurers to return home where their journeys all began. On Tuesday, November 4, 2014, the Isle of Refuge Prestige Home will be available and adventurers will be able to have their very own private piece of history!

Players will be able to /claim this reward once per account once their Account Age is at 4015 days. Find out more about this here.

The Isle of Refuge Lore

What we know now is the Tranquil Sea was not at all tranquil when most of us last set foot on the Isle of Refuge. Some decades before the Shattering that tore the moon Luclin apart, a series of violent quakes lasting for several years threw Norrath back into upheaval and tore apart the once-familiar continents. During these years the seas were impassable and the loss of life was incalculable. In the aftermath of these cataclysms, there were refugees all across what became known as the Shattered Lands, and Qeynos and Freeport signed the Pact of Tserrin agreeing to accept and give shelter to any refugees who sought it.

Duke Ferrin’s Far Seas Trading Company fleet was the largest in operation and one of the few with strength and skill enough to survive in the still turbulent seas. They used a cluster of islands as the base of operations for the rescue efforts, and ships of the fleet delivered a nonstop stream of refugees to the isles for recovery and training before delivering them to the mainland. Refugees could speak to Ambassador Saera or T’Kirr to learn more about which city they would to make their final destination. The cities of Qeynos and Freeport, both struggling to rebuild, paid a generous fee to Duke Ferrin for each refugee delivered, and Duke Ferrin was equally happy to accept money from both cities without bias.

It is rumored the Far Seas Trading Company also established a secret stronghold among the other islands in the region, but since no other fleet was able to navigate in the dangerous waters, that has remained only a rumor until recently. As time passed and the situation in Qeynos and Freeport stabilized, the payment for refugees dropped and eventually the Far Seas Trading Company announced their services were no longer needed and closed off access to the Isle of Refuge.

The Isle of Refuge Prestige Home

The Isle of Refuge Prestige Home features many aspects of the Isle of Refuge that adventurers have always cherished! Enjoy the familiar sounds of the Isle as you explore each area and watch the skies transform, as daylight turns to darkness.

[IMG]

The sandy coastline includes the familiar docked ship, a furnished water-side hut, and an excellent view across Razortooth Bay. Take a swim in the bay, if your dare, and discover the sunken relics on the sea floor!

[IMG]

Head inland to re-discover Malvonicus’ Mage Tower, complete with the basement-instanced space, and practice your combat skills at the training grounds. An open-air pavilion is also waiting for ex-refugees to once again walk across the wooden planks. Will your tradeskill apprentices and house actors bring action back to these once bustling centers of trade?

[IMG]

Embark on a journey across the Isle and down the path of the once goblin and spider infested woods. The High Chieftain’s Treehouse still stands just beyond the bridge and overlooks the meadow waiting to be explored. There’s beauty in the serene waterfalls, but the shadows are dark and foreboding. Are you brave enough to explore the depths of the cave instance that was once Grimgosh’s Lair or venture in the cemetery at the Unlucky Recruit’s End?

Obtaining the Isle of Refuge Prestige Home

Whether you’ve just revisited the Isle for the first time in a decade or are just seeing it for the first time, you’re probably wondering: “How do I get my own Isle?!” We’ve got great news, because this home will be available to players a couple of different ways.

The Isle of Refuge Prestige Home will be awarded to players who are ten-year game veterans as the 11th Veteran Reward! Each veteran account will receive one deed for the Isle of Refuge Prestige Home. Players will be able to claim their deed and then obtain their very own Isle of Refuge home in either Qeynos of Freeport.

It’s understandable that all refugees did not wash ashore together at the same time. Brave adventurers arrived and sought refuge on the Isle for many years. So that all Norrathian refugees may have the opportunity to own this marvelous home sooner rather than later, we’re also making the Isle of Refuge prestige home available on the Marketplace as well!

New Items!

In addition to the Isle of Refuge prestige home, there will also be a variety of new house items available that can help you bring your isle to life! Ten-year veterans will also one Isle of Refuge Population Pack per account, which contains a selection of the creatures and personalities that you may have encountered on the Isle of Refuge in times past. Some of these items will also be available individually on the Marketplace for players who wish to add additional items to their homes, but some of them, such as the replicas and the High Chieftain plushie, are unique to the veteran population pack. The Isle of Refuge Population Pack will include one of each of the following types of plushies, house pets, and replicas.

Plushies
    Norrathians know it’s not Jaws you should fear in the water, it’s Bladefin! Rest assured this shark will deter unwelcome visitors from entering the waters. You may have encountered some of these creatures during your time on the Isle or in your adventures around Norrath and now’s your chance to bring them into your own home. They won’t walk or talk, but they can be resized. The following new collection of Isle themed plushies will be available:
    • High Chieftain Kryx Plushie
    • Kneeling Goblin Plushie
    • Hawk Plushie
    • Shoal Glider Plushie
    • Skeleton Pirate Plushie
    • Tainted Deer Plushie
    • Grove Deer Plushie
    • Bladefin Plushie
    • Grizzly Bear Plushie
    [IMG]

Housepets
    Have you longed to see a goblin running across the island landscape once again? Do you want to liven up your coastal environment and have some crabs running down the beach, trying to pinch your visitor’s toes? Well, you can add some interest to your home with these new Isle of Refuge inspired house pets! You can customize names and resize these loveable pets to make them your own personal house companions, and then set them free to roam your Isle home. The following new house pets will be available:
    • Goblin Supply Runner
    • Coastal Crab
    Replicas
    Have you been longing to look Duke Ferrin in the eyes again and ask him what happened on the Far Journey to arrive at the Isle? Maybe you’ll want to give Ebik tons of tinkered gizmos so he’ll never again be missing his parts again? Well, now you can! These replicas were created to immortalize some of your favorite characters from the Isle of Refuge. They can’t be resized or flipped, but they will happily stand in one place and speak some of their original dialog, complete with voice over! The replicas that will be available are:
    • Ambassador Saera
    • Ambassador T’Kirr
    • Captain Varlos
    • Duke Ferrin
    • Ebik Wobblecog
    • Deckhand Ingrid
    [IMG]

This nostalgic home and new house items will be available starting Tuesday, November 4, 2014. Do you have big plans in store for your own private Isle? We’d love to see what creations you come up with, so be sure to post them in our Norrathian Homeshow Forums or tweet them to @everquestii and use the hashtag #ReturnToRefuge!

***Added clarification for veterans looking for their rewards: (HERE)
    Players should see the veteran reward available when their Account Age is at 4015 days.
  2. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Um... Afista? The Rending (shredding of the continents) happened BEFORE the Shattering (Luclin explosion).

edit: Okay, the plushies/pets/replicas are AWESOME. Now I have to decide which of my chars will get them...
  3. Ryni Bard since 2004

The Isle of Refuge Prestige Home will be awarded to players who are ten-year game veterans as the 11th Veteran Reward!
    Players will be able to claim their deed and then obtain their very own Isle of Refuge home in either Qeynos of Freeport.

Please tell me this is wrong and it is not one deed per account but one per character on the account!
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

Great that they're making it available to non-10year accounts, but there's gonna be some serious rage from veterans. :rolleyes:
  5. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

I've changed the word "after" to the word "before". Thanks ;)
  6. Ratza Well-Known Member

Is this 1 house per toon or one per Veteran account?
  7. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Oh, please, Please, PLEASE say it's per character and not one per account! Pretty please? (That would also do away with some of the veteran rage that Malleria mentioned!)

I have been wanting the Island as a prestige home for FOREVER! Thank you!
  8. Maltaros Active Member

I hope if they are going to sell it the price is outrageous. $100 or better. If it is the regular $13.50 it really makes the fact that it is a veterans reward pretty lame.
  9. Foretold Well-Known Member

I really only need one, so I'm fine with this being a one per account item. That seems quite fair.

Actors with original dialogue and voice-overs????? I simply cannot wait the one more month I have to wait to get this :D
    Tierisch likes this.
  10. Zinj Well-Known Member

Heh. I'd make it so veterans get the isle for each character, and the non-vets only get one isle per account.
    Kuulei and Ramone_AB like this.
  11. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Why in the world would they do something like that? Some vetran rewards are on the loyalty vendor for free! A vetran reward just says you've had an EQ2 account for a set amount of time. Not even paid time anymore; since going free-to-play unpaid accts are earning time too. Vetran rewards are perks, not huge bonuses with outrageous value. Not a single vetran reward equivalent has had an outrageous cost. There's no reason for SOE to start with this one.
    mirrandaa, SierraDawn and Tierisch like this.
  12. Qixil Active Member

Allow just veterans to use it as a guild hall also and I won't complain, Otherwise :mad::mad::mad:. JK. I couldn't care less, at least I don't have to pay extra. Yay! Although, one per toon is a much better idea.
    Tierisch likes this.
  13. Wyndsworn Member

You know ... I find it amazing how ungrateful some are. Ten year veterans get a house free and instead of saying thanks - they want 1 for every character on the account. I only heard about Everquest II a little over 3 years ago and I've been dedicated to it since. I think the SOE team is spectacular and their designers genius. It's nice to get perks from time to time. ... but they ARE perks. I play the game because I like to play the game .... not because of the perks. Over the last 3 years I've spent quite a few dollars on this and that, not including the subscription. Why SHOULDN'T I be able to purchase an Isle of Refuge home that veterans get for free, at a reasonable price?
    Tarnorili and Tierisch like this.
  14. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Vet rewards have always been one per character. Prestige houses from xpacs or events like FanFaire/SOE Live have also been one per character. Vets are asking for verification that this will be one-per-character too because otherwise it is a severe departure from the standard distribution method for this kind of reward.
  15. Yajirushi62 Active Member

Because it devalues the ten years of time the ten year vets have spent playing this game, they have already said that they never plan to let people buy CotV with either real money or veteran tokens, even though it was the six year reward.

**edit** Also, what Lodrelhai said.
    Ramone_AB and Maltaros like this.
  16. Tierisch Well-Known Member

Meh, the only thing is, if you came to EQ2 10 years ago and then didn't play until last month, you'd still get the 10 year award, since it's based on account age not played/paid time.
  17. Yajirushi62 Active Member

Iirc, SoE only added that feature after f2p became an option.
  18. Maltaros Active Member

SOME Veterans Rewards are on the Loyalty vendor. Some are still considered special enough not to be there. (Like COV) The idea of a Veterans Reward should be that it is just what it's name implies - something you give somebody for sticking around for a period of time. This is a very special item to a lot of people and I think there are some (like me) who would see owning this as a badge of honor for having been here from the start. I earned it by going through the good times and bad without leaving. It loses some value to vets of the game if it becomes trivial to obtain.
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  19. Laeton New Member

I think the point of making the Vet reward one per account is so that each vet gets one copy for free, if they want more they can buy it.
  20. dingoPboy New Member

Ive a nine year account that ive only been a paid member about half those years ive got the nine year rewards second account is 6 years old still mostly a free account and i have the rewards. Ive some eight year old useless accounts i havent even looked at yet for rewards.