Return Home to the Isle of Refuge Prestige Home

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 3, 2014.

1. mouser Well-Known Member

Obviously that's the point, and equally obviously we don't like that. This ties the house to one character that you can now never delete or let get locked if you drop to FTP or you lose the house, not to mention tying it down to either Freeport or Qeynos.

Veteran rewards have ALWAYS been one per character. If someone can think of an exception, please name it. I know they need cash to keep developing Next and Landmark, but this is not the way to go about it. CE houses have also been one per character, at least all the ones I can think of.

I also think putting the house on the SC store this soon devalues the reward. Yes, vet rewards show up on the loyalty vendor (some of them, anyway), but it's always been some time after the vets have had it. I don't mind the house going up for SC in a year or three, but give vets the time to have something special for awhile first.

I'm very glad to see this come up - I've been waiting for it a looong time. But it should follow the pattern of every other vet reward and be one per character.
    Charlice, Pipsissiwa and Alenna like this.
  2. Griff Well-Known Member

Seriously? Badge of Honor? I go back to EQ1 almost beta and am happy for the rewards that don't cost me a dime. We also have titles as Vet rewards. Not really impressive, but would show others your longstanding dedication and how much you endured over the years. Frankly, as a 10 year+ Vet, I find the FREE part enough. If they can make money on the house that supports the game and makes other players happy, go for it!
    Foretold and Juraiya like this.
  3. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

1) As a vet of the game, please do not speak for me. I earned this by being here 10 years, yes - but I did not play (and pay) through the good and the bad in the hope that one day I would get a make-believe house that is so rare and valuable anyone else not fortunate enough to be like me would have to pay through the nose for the chance of getting the same. My reward for playing those 10 years was playing those 10 years - the fun, the friendships, the community. If the game didn't have those, I wouldn't have stuck around, regardless of the imagined rewards in the distant future. The vet rewards are icing on the cake, and as such lose none of their value to me if other people can buy icing too.

2) $13, or $15, or $20 is not trivial to obtain for plenty of players. $100 for a prestige house borders on obscene, especially as marketplace items are one per purchase, rather than one per character the way most vet rewards are handled. If you've any doubts about how many would agree with me on that, please feel free to go read the issues so many have about the Altar of Malice Collector's Edition being an additional $50 for mounts and mercs for every character on the account, plus other goodies. Adding a prestige house for every character on the account has been one of the common suggestions for bringing the value more in line with the price, and that's in addition to, not instead of, the various things also coming with the xpac and other suggestions for more.
    Charlice, Sargran, Naramsin and 2 others like this.
  4. Kriton New Member

Why does anyone "need" this?
  5. Boldac Active Member

SERIOUSLY?

First you hose us with the $90 Merc & Mount cash grab? And now an 11 year veteran reward that is one per account? You (the dev's and CSR's) need to walk down the hall to the bean counters and slap them silly.

Can anyone name a single Veteran reward in the history of EQ2 that has ever been one per account?

Based on other games that I won't mention here, and what they are giving people as part of pre-orders, collector's edition freebies, or just thanks for playing the game....your money people are seriously copulating the canine at this point.

This is one of those times the game developers/designers/customer support needs to stand with the players and say enough is enough. Sure, SOE has a history of killing their games *cough NGE cough*. Considering EQ2 is a direct pipeline for EQN, you might oughta rethink this (and the AoM CE price).
    Sargran and Blueiris like this.
  6. Blueiris Member

I am really hoping that this is a typo is some kind. Its always been one per character but I guess we will see when tomorrow gets here right.
  7. Blueiris Member

I need more then one lol
  8. Blueiris Member

I am happy with the house but really is it one per account? It's always been one per character, I have never used all of them but I have always used more then one to decorate for the different themes.
  9. Ramone_AB Active Member

Quite honestly I am happy to see it return. Either I didn't see it or atm I cant comprehend simple English, but will each character on the account get it listed in the homes owned once it is claimed? IF so then I can see it being one house per account.

Secondly ... as a Vet going into my 11th year, I am offended that it will be available as a SC purchase right away. As a couple others have said, this is a blatant cash grab combined with the EXCESSIVELY over priced CE, I am down right offended. I had planned on buying the CE but with the little value it offers, I will purchase the SE :) It will meet my needs easily, since I can earn a mount that is better than the CE by doing the quests and get mercs by doing instances :)

I would love to see Refuge as my one stop shop for all my toons :) *28-30ish I think on one server*

I cant wait to hear that tell tale music, what sucked me into eq2 all those years ago!!
    Alenna likes this.
  10. pawsome Member

Is the Refuge zone allow flight mounts to fly?

EQ2 since October 2005, daily player. Bandar Nevrqwit, Mythic Alliance guild, Freeport server (formerly The Bazaar server)

Just create an ingame sign board house item for veterans only that way we can distinguish ourselves from FTP. :cool:
    Juraiya likes this.
  11. Faelan Active Member

Yes, you can fly, but unless they've changed it from beta, the doors to the tree house, temple of life, and lighthouse do not open, so the buildings can't be actually used. I found this rather disappointing, as I was especially looking forward to the tree house for my ranger.
    Now possibly it is only one per account, and going up on the marketplace at the same time?
    That's just sad.
    Juraiya and Qixil like this.
  12. Zalnisha New Member

Some games do not give long time players rewards. Some games simply expect their player base to keep handing over cash every month and do not offer any kind of "thank you" in return for their loyalty.
    I am simply happy that EQ offers these rewards and listens to our desire to have certain homes in the game.

So thank you, EQ2 crew! (BTW, I still have 3 yrs until this house is available to me, but I DID play when Isle of Refuge was around, so I am excited to be able to get this someday)
  13. Quizzicalle New Member

Is there somewhere we can see how old our account actually is? I know my account is old enough to have gotten the 10 year mercs, and I'm pretty sure it's older than 11 years, but I do not see an option to claim this house anywhere. It isn't showing up in /claim, so where would I get it?
  14. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

The Veteran Reward (which is the Isle house + population pack) is one per account.

Veterans receive the reward for free, but the house as well as some of the new house items will be available in the Marketplace for players who have not yet reached a 10-year status but still wish to access this prestige home. The Character Replicas from the population pack are unique and only available to Veterans. The replicas will not be available in the store.

Yes, you are able to fly in the Isle home.

If you go to any Character Screen in-game (hit "C") and scroll down on the right hand side of the page, it will list Account Age under the Miscellaneous heading. It lists in #of days, but if you hover over that it will convert it to years/months/days :)
  15. Qixil Active Member

Happy to see we can fly there as this will be a new perspective since it has been gone before flying mounts came. It'd be cool if we could enter the treehouse, but considering it was a very small room (instance), I'm not too disappointed in that. Edit--actually I can't even remember if we could enter the treehouse before! Or if it was an instance. I remember the cave was.... or there were 2 versions of the Isle. It's been too long.
  16. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Since the island was never designed for flying characters, they had to do a lot of work to make all of the upper plateaus solid and usable. The team also added in the lake the feeds the original waterfalls in the upper area. There is really quite a bit of usable space up there now. As a player who enjoys decorating, it make me extremely happy :)
  17. Chikkin Well-Known Member

where;'s Guurok? you know, the blob in water that we fed all those tasty moles to? no plushie?
    Charlice likes this.
  18. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Oooh, that's a good one! I haven't heard anything about the Guurok, but it's definitely something we can feedback for a potential future plushie :)
    Candalyn likes this.
  19. Faelan Active Member

IIRC there is a sea urchin plushie in the game that is similar, but I don't know if it would resize large enough to be a good version of Guurok.
  20. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

One per account is disappointing, but livable. Though, since it is only one per account, any chance the art team will put the back third of the island that they lopped off back in place?