Return Home to the Isle of Refuge Prestige Home

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Gaealiege Active Member

I always enjoy the people that come in to defend a multi-million dollar subsidiary of a multi-billion dollar corporation. You're the poor, helpless multi-million dollar, profit-first corporation's Little Friend. Do you guys have Little Friend picnics together?

Some of you people clearly have corporate Stockholm's Syndrome.
    Juraiya, Lateana, Pipsissiwa and 2 others like this.
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

I believe the reward is for 11 years, so you have to have created an account on November 4, 2014 AND bought:
    • Desert of Flames
    • Kingdom of Sky
    • Rise of Kunark
    • Echoes of Faydwer
    which each granted 90 days of account age. If you did not buy those four expansions, then you will need to wait until you reach 11 years of account time.
    Lateana and suka like this.
  3. HadleysHope Member

So my account creation was April 2005 hey my account age says 3865 days due to the bonuses I get. Since I have already gotten my 10 year vet reward to say that I cant claim this until April of next year seems pretty mean and designed to make people buy it instead.
  4. Poofcat New Member

Do you teach a course in Ad Hominem-ism as well? You've gone after Yajirushi62 quite aggressively; for what reason? His/her posts do not seem offensive at all.

I originally thought that your "goodbye" post was very thoughtful and constructive. Now, it seems, it was nothing more than a passive-aggressive swipe at SOE. Old farts today.
    Charlice and Naramsin like this.
  5. Resilex New Member

So, it's an 11 year vet reward. 10 years plus the 4 90 day bonuses for the first 4 expansions. Could have just said that at the beginning and eliminate all the confusion.
  6. Poofcat New Member

No. Some of us actually know how to pick worthwhile battles and say "thank you" from time to time.
    Spindle likes this.
  7. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

The player Account Age is the defining factor for determining 10 years of veteran status. So, if you started an account on Nov. 8, 2004 you will be able to /claim the reward after 10 years of account time.

Technically, this is the 11th veteran reward we've issued. But the reward is not restricted 11 years of membership time as a result of bonus bits and pieces of expansion time bonuses. Veterans will qualify for this reward at 10 years for their actual Account Age.
    Tierisch likes this.
  8. Natharin Member

@Resilex
    You make a good point there, and SOE should do the right thing and mark this obtainable for accounts that are at least 10 years, 11 months, 1 day as it was not the consumers fault that distribution for the game was so screwed up, and a very large portion of us were kept waiting for our CE's due to whatever issue was going on with stores (even pre-ordered well in advanced yet them saying it was a manufacturing delay due to SOE's fault) from getting this into players hands on launch day.

Anyway, I did also want to state that while the way SOE choose to do this veteran reward does have some minor irritations for me I am actually glad that they do have a way for others to buy the isle.

My twin children who are now teens (and now actually play the game with me once in while) use to watch me play all the time, and while they were only about 4 they do have vague memories of this island, and while fuzzy a lot came back to them as they saw me wandering around it on the BETA server.

So for them not being old enough to have an account (let alone really play) it was still part of their memories and time spent with me while they sat on my lap helping control a character once in a while. So to be able to have a way for them to get something that they did take part in minus a few technicalities is awesome.

The fact that I have things with it that only a true veteran of the proper time can get more than makes that part fair (more so if they give us the population pack with a future isle purchase as long as the account is flagged as the proper veteran level).

Now to break it to my son who just bought the Storm Isle for his necromancer a few days ago when he was really wishing for a way to have his own IoR house. I told him that was wishful thinking, but just goes to show you never know.

Overall, SOE thank you for the house and reward, but please take the feedback from my last post and others posts and tune this reward at least a little bit and meet us part way.
    suka likes this.
  9. Natharin Member

@Afista_SOE
    Um, is this working as intended then?

My BASE account age is exactly 3650 days, but no claim is showing up for the 11 year veteran reward.
  10. Gaealiege Active Member

Define worthwhile battle? People making the exact same comments as you have been present in EVERY major screwup by SOE. Remember the PSS1 deal for European players? There were people like you in those comments too. According to those of your ilk, you just take whatever a corporation deals out to you. You don't question it, you grovel, and you praise them for the scraps they generously gave you (ignoring that you're a paying customer and that without you, they'd cease to exist).

Some of us know when we're having a steamer dropped on our chest. When this happens we know to not just lie down like a good doormat, but instead protest such actions.
    Ocarinah, mouser, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  11. HadleysHope Member

This seems specifically designed as a revenue gathering mechanism, if it wasn't then it would show up like the other 10 year vet reward has.

You guys know how much the 10 year vets want this by the cheer that went up at SOE live but seem content to create bad feeling by limiting it in this way.

If it was the 11 year vet reward then fair enough but its not, and the OP says 10, so its unreasonable to start limiting it in this way because it just exposes this for what it is, a blatant attempt to make people buy it who don't want to wait. Poor job SOE, poor job.
  12. Poofcat New Member

You have no idea what I do or don't do, react to or don't react to. The same goes for me about you. However, I do know the difference between value and entitlement; you, however, seem not to.

Enjoy your free prestige home - err "steamer." I'm sure the good folks at SOE are waiting with baited-breath for more of your constructive feedback.
    Foretold and Spindle like this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

this must be the biggest prestige home I ever saw its mindboggling :eek:
    I did not get the chance to ever see this besides now in beta and its not the same.
    this is soooo cool I want this place bad and I don't want to wait 6 years :(

YOU GOT TO SEE THIS
    Tierisch, suka and Poofcat like this.
  14. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

I'm trying to find out what's going on with the veteran rewards right now. I'll let you guys know asap :)
    Podji, Tierisch, suka and 2 others like this.
  15. HadleysHope Member

You can buy it for like $14 so no sweat, SOE made it so that you have that option before the vast majority of players (even us "10 year vets") qualify for it.

Cheap move.
    Lateana, Mizgamer62 and Pipsissiwa like this.
  16. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Actually, I have taught rhetoric. You need to re-read what ad-hominem is. I was attacking the argument presented as it is not consistent. And you're stating that I'm going after Yaji when that poster is responding to all of my recent posts with ill-founded arguments? You're welcome to that kind of conversation then, since you help perpetuate it. Passive aggressive swipe at SoE? More (deliberate?) misinterpretation. SoE has to stay in business. So it has to pander to customers, especially when the trend is more people like and fewer 'old farts'. The customer gets what they say want, even when they're diminishing their overall return. So to be clear, that's a passive aggressive swipe at the "gimme everything now" crowd, not SoE. Almost like that was blatantly obvious 4 posts ago.

Anyway, say what you like, thought-out or not. You get no more jollies out of any further responses from me.
    Gaealiege and Spindle like this.
  17. Jaenis Member

Afista-SOE :

You still haven't addressed the question on if this also applies to accounts that are currently FTP and are over 10 years old.

IS a current ALL-ACCESS subscription required or not?

Also...Irregardless of your above statement, its NOT showing up for accounts that are flagged 10years. Only for accounts that total 11 years with the expansion bonus times.

In my household we have 3 accounts...

Acct 1 - All-Access - 10 yrs 11 months 19 days total time - NO Deed to claim. (yet I claimed all previous 10yr vet awards)

Acct 2 - FTP 10 yrs 10 months 6 days - NO Deed to claim (yet all other 10yr vet awards are claimed)

Acct 3 - Not even close (3 years old)

Bueller?
    HadleysHope likes this.
  18. Natharin Member

Interesting experience. Touring this ATM on Freeport. I did not know that house tours were a shared experience. There is a handful of us wandering around chatting. Ah, memories.

I still cant help but to wonder if not for accommodating the flying requests, and taking into account 130% ground mounts speed, as well as, the portal pads would they have been able to fully implement the parts missing/closed up as the entire house. If so and had those wanting flying known this would they have given up the flying to have the rest of the island.

It is a wonderful house overall though SOE, and I Thank You for that very much.
    Tierisch, Foretold and suka like this.
  19. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

You mean this one? :)
    [IMG]
    Charlice and Tierisch like this.
  20. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

A subscription is not required, it is based on 10 years of "real time" since the account was created. If you made your account at launch on Nov. 8, 2004, the reward should be available at 10 years of time since that date. We are looking into the dates now to make sure everything is set correctly and I will update everyone asap :)
    Tierisch likes this.