Release date of tradeskill timeline PoP

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kenneth, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Meirril Well-Known Member

If I was plat hungry, wouldn't want under used resources like fish introduce to recipes. I'd want everyone to use more roots.

Recently I started leveling my sage. I spent 2 days harvesting, with 2 hours being spent gathering Fish. Guess what I ran out of? Fish? Nope. Stalks. Like every other level of harvesting, roots are the limiting factor. Look at broker prices. Fish are an outrageous 15p each. Oh My God that is expensive.

Now Look at Stalks. 45p each. And I need 9 per recipe. Yeah, lets reduce the number of Fish and use more Stalks.

Admittedly, instead of using Fish dev could of had the recipes use more wood, metal, or gems. I'm fairly certain that Dev is trying to address the glut of Fish in the game, which is why fish got spread into the recipes. While there are an incredible amount of chicken little's declaring the sky is falling because something different was done, I'm going to say that this is an attempt to address the issue you're actually complaining about. Which is the price/value of resources.
  2. Meirril Well-Known Member

So, let me ask. In your experience how many decisions does dev explain? About how many changes do they make without explaining anything? About how many changes do they make without even documenting them?
  3. Meirril Well-Known Member

Yes, Provisioners use Fish. They also use Roots. Go back to your guild harvesting Depot. Sort by level. Compare the amount of Roots and Fish. Now think about how much you fish vs how much you collect every other kind of node. Now you read between the lines: What does that mean for tradeskills?
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Actually, those prices ARE outrageous for a single common harvest. Also, after already having a sage leveled, my depot still has twice as many roots as most other mats, so I'm not seeing any lack of roots.

Waaaaaay less often then the QA department I worked with for years would let them get away with ;)
    I was the one responsible for tracking down the devs, hiding their coffee, stealing their twizzlers and otherwise bopping them on the head until the provided me with enough information to enable me to write up such things as tests to make sure bugs were fixed, features were properly implimented and the change notes so other people knew what those things were.
    Tkia, Tekka and Ursa Minor like this.
  5. knine Well-Known Member

dont' know how you ran out of stalks.. oh wait I do.. you spent most the time harvesting fish... No one made this about fish. I said provie items should be used for food only... you being a sage should see rock ferns are used as well. Provies main for most writs are 10 rock ferns.. sages use 2 of them.. guess what I ran out of while leveling my sage after I had leveled my provie.. and yea 15 plat isn't horrible.. try 495 plat a pop for rock fern.. at least while I was leveling it was.. its has since dropped to 10 plat lol.. supply and demand.. I was lobbying for them to bring back the ponies and guild harvesters at beginning of xpac, hmm probably could help the dilemma that you keep hitting.. running out of stalks.

currently I have 15k storm stalks and 5500 fish.. not really sure how you ran out of stalks /shrug...
  6. knine Well-Known Member

it means I would have more roots... but you run out?? how's that possible?? yes provies has always used roots, which is why they were always attached to food harvests.. I simply asked for rock ferns to be increased or roots to be decreased from the nodes..
  7. Xakrein Well-Known Member

Maybe we are reading it differently? I read it as Meirril stating they only spent 2 hours gathering fish, in the two days they spent harvesting. If so, it would seem they did not spend most their time gathering fish.
    Meirril likes this.
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

Provies have not always used roots, that was something introduced by Beghn when he took out the sub-combines. And roots have never been attached to the food nodes until this expansion, with the exception of the rare root. And that was only added relatively recently by Domino as a means of encouraging non provies to harvest the food nodes instead of leaving them littering up the landscape when all else was harvested to extinction.
    Aussie_one and Tekka like this.
  9. knine Well-Known Member

Then I guess they never had any stalks lol if they didn't gather any at all. Point is.. recipes are messed up.. Yes all tradeskills use multiple items, however it could've been streamlined especially with the loss of ponies (until TS line released) and guild harvesters.
  10. Meirril Well-Known Member

There are actually 2 different issues here. One of them is your objection to food resources being introduce into non-provisioner recipes. My personal feeling is that is a non-issue. People have said they don't like it, but nobody has actually pointed out anything harmful about it.

The second issue is Dev took away the easy harvesting bots we've been using since guild halls were introduced. None of the normal NPC harvesters do PoP resources. The plant earned in KA produces the equivalent of 1 pony trip per 24 hours. That is a huge step down from the every 2 hours for all the other NPC harvesters. I'm guessing Dev did that both to make the KA house plant a better reward, and to make us spend more time harvesting. Again, that makes the other reward from KA's goblin quest line more valuable since it helps with manual harvesting.

It is also possible that there will be a pony upgrade quest for PoP. We won't know until the quests are actually implemented. If there is one its going to come way too late to help with the launch demand for resources. Personally I don't think there will be one considering the guild harvesters have never had a quest to upgrade their harvesting ability.
  11. Meirril Well-Known Member

For ever PoP rush order combine a Sage uses 1 fish. For the same combine a sage uses 10 Stalks. 6 combines per rush order, 20 rush orders per level is 120 fish, and 1,200 stalks. As I said before, you can easily do targeted harvesting for Fish if you bother to actually try. Targeted harvesting for Stalks is not even half as efficient. If you only focus on Root nodes, you'll clean an area out and be stuck waiting for repops. If you chase every garden node as well, only 1/3rd of the harvests are Stalks. I'm honestly not sure if diluting the amount of roots you take in by going after gardens is worth branching out into the 2 nodes. All in all though, it takes a lot longer to harvest 1,000 roots than it does to harvest 1,000 fish.

The only reason fish are not cheap is because most of the harvesters won't go swimming. They aren't after fish and they seem to be willing to pay for them rather than slow down their chance of getting any kind of rare.

And just to be clear, I have no trouble with Rock Ferns. Probably the only class that would is Provisioners. While you are feeling a pinch in supplies, let me point out that the Garden nodes are only producing 3 common resources, and one of them is roots. Previous tiers all garden nodes produce 4 resources that weren't used in even amounts. So by all accounts you're actually at a 1/4 advantage over previous tiers in getting the resources you want from Garden nodes even if they produce roots now!
    Xakrein likes this.
  12. knine Well-Known Member

Yep I'm a provie and leveled a sage at the same time as well as guild members doing alchemist and jewelers.

Currently I've got:
    16k storm stalks
    250 rock ferns
    5300 hides
    7300 fish
    10.3k greatmole meat
    18.2k golden embers
    14.6k gnarled entwood
    4200 etherium
    3800 deadly mushroom

pretty sure I harvest well and as you can see the only one i'm low on is rock ferns. With us running multiple TSers and harvesting that is the least pulled raw and runs out the quickest... just saying....
    Mermut likes this.
  13. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

you all are so silly lol
    I would dearly love to know even a tentative release date for the missing trade skill quest line ,and any trade skill updates perks and goodies.

you've all gotten so hot over what harvestable gets used in what recipe.
    This is what amounts to a syfy fantasy fiction novel you play in . it has a back story it has a plot ..most of the time ..lol its not like there isn't precedent in the real world for these changed recipes , if I recall history a samurai's armor as beautiful and deadly as it looked , was mostly laminated wood , and as I pointed out in an earlier post fish glue, inks and even skins have been used in book binding, printing and parchment making.

To be honest when engaging in fiction based activities I willingly suspend my disbelief for the fun of it all , so far as the currant story line reads , this IS the plane of magic.. every life form there is Made of or from magic.. maybe the fish and wood are different ...

on a more real note , fishing hunting and foresting all are grossly neglected , and anyone at all who's done harvesting knows the underwhelming feeling of going into a zone that should be full of a complete cross section of all harvest nodes ,to find fields full of ... shrubs and wood .... which takes a full hour of harvesting to clear off so that the normal cross section of re-pops will start bringing up what you really needed

I don't mind "clear cutting " and I like fishing ,its very relaxing and tab is very useful , if the devs want to correct an ongoing imbalance in harvested goods in this expansion , fine with me ..

I will save my energy for asking again ... why cant level 100+ trade-skillers earn experience from the event trade-skill opportunity's, it makes no sense to not have it in place... having it in place would quiet some of the unrest concerning leveling with the same 2 writs as well as the expense of leveling
    Aussie_one likes this.
  14. Thand Well-Known Member

the only theing i am sad about is Systematic Conversion ine Tradeskill prestige no longer returns Materials in current expansion only Fuel, Which makes it not worth it getting it get 2 celestial fuels back,
    Kheldorm and Sejreia like this.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

That's not the 'best' part... conservation of mass.. that is supposed to return all materials... doesn't work on any of the PoP recipes at all.. not handcrafted, not mastercrafted.. none. Proc goes off, flavor text and vfx... all materials consumed.
    Lateana, Kheldorm and Mindsway like this.
  16. Melt Actually plays the game

I'm sitting at about 100 rock ferns for 1000 of everything else... your numbers seem awfully low. However, my luck may just be off the charts because I've also gotten 4-5 spellshards/foundations.
  17. knine Well-Known Member

yea I didn't include my rares, but I have truck ton of those. just seems rock ferns are way low in comparison to everything else and it seems to be used in everything.
  18. knine Well-Known Member

January sometime is what was said on discord.
  19. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for it. I did the writ grind in beta to get the familiar and decided right then and there I wouldn't do that to myself ever again.
  20. knine Well-Known Member

So I wanted to see how a good harvesting session goes.
    Bountiful harvest 89% at 2 hours with 778 skills

nightmare cichlid- 48 (to be fair only hit it in passing through)
    plumewit hide- 807
    etherium- 2244
    golden ember- 2995
    gnarled entwood- 1703
    greatmole meat- 819
    storm stalk- 2837
    rock fern-712
    deadly mushroom- 790

Rares-
    Celestial spellshard- 4
    Celestial Foundation- 2
    cnidcara hide- 28
    strand of ether- 57
    matron's heart- 4
    storm ent heartwood- 31
    Rubecite- 42
    Darkstone- 44
    Planar energy-1

Rock ferns still kind of low considering its used in more overall recipes than meat/mushrooms.
    Mermut likes this.