Release date of tradeskill timeline PoP

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kenneth, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Kenneth Member

Sorry if this is a dupe...

Does anyone have any information on when a tradeskill quest timeline will be released to the Planes of Prophecy expansion? I know it was held up due to not being ready. Has anyone been given any estimate?

2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Apparently Kander said 'probably some time in January'...
    So take that for what it's worth.
    Shmogre and Kenneth like this.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

Soon! (TM) The 'wasn't ready' is a bit deceptive. They didn't have the resources so no work was done on it. January or not at all doesn't matter a lot unless the end item is a must have. Most people will have already leveled their crafters the painful way by then, and the Planes will have lost the 'new' feel, so the line will be less enticing. But it is what it is. Hopefully it will be entertaining and not go craft me a dozen of these, then run across Norrath and deliver.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It was stated that the TS line was not "fun" as the reason for it not being included at launch. No idea, since most of the time my idea of fun is not what the people that decided the TS line "was not fun" decide is fun. *shrugs*

Cyrrena
    Kheldorm, Sambril, Hot_Rod and 2 others like this.
  5. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

They let themselves and many of the players down with this. It's obvious that tradeskills are not a priority for this dev team now that Domino is gone. The lack of the proper content to support tradeskills in this expansion devalues the content as a whole, and the "Sometime in January" ETA is not acceptable. At most, it should be in within 2-3 weeks after launch not 2 months after.

I will say though, the KA tradeskill line was, in my opinion, one of the best the entire game has to offer. So, the standard is high. However, I find it comical that their reason was "it's not fun", yet they have the audacity to put quest progression behind repeatable faction quests and have no problem with the "fun" factor there.
    Aussie_one, Mindsway, Rhodris and 5 others like this.
  6. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

WTF..
  7. knine Well-Known Member

lol faction grinding isn't fun either but we do it. like stated above..most people will have their crafters maxxed by then, sig lines done, all 3 factions done. So it better be a crazy BIS item to even think about running the line.
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Seeing that, Cyrrena, reminds me of the line Sigourney Weaver used in "Aliens" when she was talking to the 'corporate' types--"did IQs drop sharply while I was away?" I still laugh at that line. I'm sorry, but that statement, if true, is insulting to any player in this game who's spent more than a year at it. Are these the same people that decided in the LAST xpac, that EVERYONE had to become a level 100 crafter to get their Epic 2.0? Whoever made that statement might want to consider a job at Walmart being a greeter or something disingenuous. TSing has been part of EQII for more years than some of the people working there apparently, haha. This game has as many crafters as they do adventurers for crying out loud, and in some cases, probably more of them. I'm baffled that anyone who's working there could possibly think rolling out an xpac without TSing in it would make everyone happy. It appears to confirm that there is a major disconnect between the players and people making game play decisions. As far as I'm concerned (and I'm not a major league crafter like some of you talented people out there in the community,) they could have waited until TSing was ready and packaged with the current content then rolled out as incomplete as it was.
    Kethryl, Kheldorm, Xillean and 4 others like this.
  9. Andric Member

could deal with the quest line being late if tradeskills had received some attention. they haven't - its a total pigs ear of an expansion for crafting.
    Rhodris, Kheldorm, Xillean and 3 others like this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

*points to the Beta Sub-Section Tradeskill discussion further down on the forums page*
    Sejreia likes this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

My primary hope is that they'll either reopen beta to test the TS line before it goes live or, at least, give test 1-2 weeks to test it before it goes live.
    I'm not holding my breath... just hoping.
  12. Earar Well-Known Member

but what will be the point of the TS timeline ??

yeah an end reward ... but normally it helps u level up ... now levelling up is just wrists grinding :/

a bit too late :(

also Tradeskill feels underwhelming.
    handcrafted is only usefull for leveling. Nobody is ever gonna use HC armor/weapons because the crate gave enough and quests upgrade already the gear.
    MC gear is also just relevant to get the resolve. But quickly changed for 24 res heroic gear.

so except for ammos, potions/poisons, food ... soon TS is gonna be useless

will there be some end content crafting ? like fabled MC gear that makes it worthwhile to level up crafting ?
    Swing, Andric and Kheldorm like this.
  13. Sudedor Well-Known Member

So, first off, I do not disagree with you at all . . . but . . . this is nothing new. The only thing different this time is that the TS line was not ready at launch. Honestly, HC gear has never been used for anything. Leveling alts maybe . . . but even then, most players just use their main to fund Mastercrafted for their alts. HC has always been crap.

Once again, DBG / SOE missed a golden opportunity to bring TS players into the mix of the game. It's very sad. Consider the repercussions if there was no crate at the zone in to PoM, but instead, that gear with those stats was the Handcrafted gear. All the HC recipes are L101.

Suddenly, TS players are needed. HC gear has a niche.
    Kheldorm likes this.
  14. Earar Well-Known Member

I know it never has .. though in KA it helped a lot of people to get started .. if u couldn't afford bloody tooth.

here not even need it because u get ok gear right at the start.

but it should .. at least give those classes .. tailor/armorer/jeweler ... and to a lesser extend sages (coz only usefull till u get all your experts .. so a bit more usefull than outfitters) a mean to stay relevant and be able to craft stuff that people will need. consumables ?
  15. Bhayar Well-Known Member

While, overall, I agree with your comments, I would take exception to the statement, "HC has always been crap." When I returned to the live servers after spending over a year in Stormhold, KA was in full play. Returning or new players were advised "buy Twark gear off the broker," which worked amazingly well. It was quickly replaced, ofc, but at least it gave people like me a chance to get into KA and survive. Once I got back into the swing, any new players to our guild got a set of Twark gear made by me to get them over the hump. So saying it's always been crap isn't accurate; that aside, I can remember when MC gear was valuable, but it's been some time since it's been relevant.
    Observing and Shmogre like this.
  16. Sudedor Well-Known Member

I guess I don't look at the Twark gear as true HC gear, it wasn't the original level 100 stuff that came in the "Essentials" books back in Altar of Malice (yea, last level increase was that long ago). It probably should have had a Mastercrafted tag on it, but this is what happens when you don't have a TS dev.

The whole half tier thing from 90-95 was a big mess, and then another half tier from 96-100 and some non-level cap expansions . . . yuck. I'm sure everyone did their best, but that should never have happened. I'm sure that EQ1 might have influenced their thinking, because 5 levels works ok there, but EQ2 is a totally different game and five levels really screws things up.
  17. Kheldorm Active Member

Something I find **MORE THAN ANNOYING** in PoP is the ridiculous quantities of raw materials for the recipes.
    Sure, there are more harvest nodes, but no where near enough.
    I understand the increase in the quantity of fuel, but resources? Really? I should need 10 Entwood for a bloody journeyman spell on a jeweler? That means, at best, at absolute best, I need 6000 of a resource, to do writs, to max my TS professions. For Each Profession.
    They screwed up.
    Big time.
    They know it.
    They don't give a damn.
    Rhodris, Tkia and Andric like this.
  18. Sudedor Well-Known Member

This was definitely brought up / pointed out in beta, and this is clearly what they wanted. I cannot comment on why.

I'm also baffled by how weird some of the raws are . . . fish for spells . . . wood for jewelers . . . it's just . . . weird and honestly it feels wrong to me. I don't understand the thinking or methodology behind it.
  19. Kheldorm Active Member

The answer is very simple. They don't care. As I've said before, they have sold the expansion to anyone that would buy it, so it doesn't matter if TS'ers get screwed. I'm working on my provisioner, and considering the stupid mat requirements, I think I'm just going to abandon him. There is no reason to level him to 110, no incentive, and I"m not going to spend a year harvesting crap.

DBG dumped TS this xpac. I imagine with the dwindling returns, they will dump adventurers the next one, or go 100% Pay To Win. As in you are standing at the final raid boss, and the marketplace pops up "You need to spend $45 to purchase the bauble to kill this MOB. (Single Use)"
    Rhodris and Ursa Minor like this.
  20. Crilly New Member

The main issue was after Domino left Daybreak and EQ2 dev team. She was the major dev for everything that delt with all things involved with it. The remaining devs work hard and can't focus on everything. while I agree wish it was ready to test on beta or once live happened. Like other's miss the work DOmino did for the ts community.
    Aussie_one likes this.