Quest Journal

Discussion in 'Developer Roundtable' started by ARCHIVED-Rothgar, Apr 9, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Lystat2k2se Guest

Malachani wrote:
  2. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

Rothgar,
    With the Side-By-Side (Horiontal) quest journal we will need Vertical Splitters to work. You can make them now, but they don't work and function right like Horizontal Splitters.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

Dragowulf@Nagafen wrote:
    Yeah, this is on my to-do list.
  4. ARCHIVED-Jardon Guest

Can we get the journal fixed so it does remember what you have colapsed and open when someone joins your group
  5. ARCHIVED-ganjookie Guest

Whenever I complete a quest, it defaults to the Splitpaw stone quest. I also cannot delete this quest.
    I would rather it not default to that quest, but the next one in the zone or type of quest I am working on (eg L&L, Language, Heritage).
  6. ARCHIVED-ganjookie Guest

Jardor@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    +1 for this as well. It is a pain to constantly reset this.
  7. ARCHIVED-Daysy Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    The total number of quests in a journal could be increased with us being given the choice of marking a number of them as active. The number need not be more than the current limit and could be considerably less. If I'm in Lavastorm there's no need to have my Butcherblock or Bonemire quests active.
    More quests showing in the quest helper would be helpful.
    A better system of cycling through the most recently updated quests would be welcome.
  8. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

I'm posting this with a very short time to do it so forgive me if I'm rehashing things already stated.
    These are things I would like to see happen with the quest journal.
    1) Make sure the 'herioc' 'epic' 'solo' tags are accurate. I don't have names of quests at this time, but I know running through quests with my alts I've run into 'solo' quests that involved herioc mobs and herioc quests that had nothing herioc to be seen.
    2) Make sure the sorting is working properly. It can be quite tedious to find quests sometimes.
    3) I don't know if it would be worth it to others but I would find it imensely useful to be able to sort the finished quest journal like I can my active quest journal. Since the addition of the ability to share quests that has become something that would be highly useful. As it stands it can be difficult locating the quest you wish to share unless you know EXACTLY where it is located.
  9. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

Ditto for defaulting to Splitpaw quest, would like it to default to the next in line in the area I am working on.
    Also have multible quests opened at same time (and if possible show those that have same creatures in common) Would like completed quests to show be able to show steps and rewards, perhaps if there was a button to do this.
    The ability to delete any quests but with a warning if the quest truely cannont be picked up again if deleted.
    Always say who the NPC is that you have to return to and where they can be found (esp. if a long time has passed and you have no idea) or the option to make comments in journal.
    When you pick up a new quest while currently working on another, for the new quest not to take the current quest's place.
    If any part of a quest is anything but solo, for the quest to be marked heroic, epic, etc. So you know starting out that the quest can not be completed strickly solo.
    When a quest is marked 'completed' it really is completed. (This may be a bug, I'm not sure, but some quests do this)
    When you finish a step in a quest, esp. if there are more than one quests that a step updates, that it says it in chat also. This is so you can see what other quests that updated as the info flashes by so fast you miss it. Have both show up in chat, please.
    If a quest involves mutiable zones, have all the zones listed.
    Quest names searchable like broker with partical names in the journal.
  10. ARCHIVED-ArivenGemini Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    I would like to be able to delete ANY quest.. even heritage and collection.. there are some of those that I will simply never ever do.
    Plus, you have no way that I recall to know that a given quest is a heritage quest... so once you get them you are stuck.
    I would like to be able to delete the RAID portion of the splitpaw questline without losing access to splitpaw. It is annoying to have to petition to get the quest back when you find out the hard way.
    I would like to be able to track more than one goal visually on the tracker.. maybe not the full tracker quest text, but the "x frog legs" etc. Either by me manually picking which ones to track or by it keeping the most recently updated on screen for a while (the first is prefered)
    I would like to be able to have a comprehensive search
    I would like to be able to save searches so I can pull things up in my own configuration
  11. ARCHIVED-brammator Guest

I'd like to see counter for repeatable quests. Like, 'it's a new quest for me' versus 'I did it at least once'. But it's for 'accept/decline quest' window, I think.
    And if you ever plan to make quest helper window multi-instanced, please add button to quick rolling/unrolling.
  12. ARCHIVED-Mulethree Guest

If you switch between category,current zone It often expands all the + groupings - I think collapsed is a better default.
    --
    If I sort by current zone I get
    The Ruins of Guk: The Lower Corridors
    The Halls of Fate
    Kaladim
    The Ruins of Guk: Ykesha's Outer Stronghold
    Its not really sorted by the zonename its displaying.
    --
    Category seems to actually sort, but Here I have
    Ruins of guk: the outer stronghold of Ykesha
    The Ruins of Guk: The Lower Corridors
    So the sorting is right, but one has a 'The' on the front, the other doesn't and they end up out of order.
    --
    There is a 'show hidden quests' and a 'hide' button, but no 'unhide' E.g. no longer hide this one when i uncheck the 'show hidden' box. It would be nice if I could select a range of quests to hide at once - e.g. sort by level, select all the grey ones and hide them. Sort by current zone, show hidden, select all the ones in this zone and unhide them, un-show hidden.
    --
    I have quite a few that show as 'complete' whe in fact they aren't. That usually means the quest is on its last step which is a simple turnin? But I have several that aren't - Getting the Menders Eye I have to harvest some statue - and then theres a turnin step after that. In other cases i will read 'complete' but is in fact depending on some 'sub-quest' before it an be turned-in.
    In Completed - it would be nice to have sort by level or current zone type filters.
    In Shared it would be nice to see how many people in the group have the quest active.
  13. ARCHIVED-Dasein Guest

I'd like the quest journal to show any items associated with the quest, ideally with an icon in the quest journal itself that I can drag to a hotbar for use. Quests also need to clean up after themselves - items no longer used should be removed from my inventory.
  14. ARCHIVED-ganjookie Guest

Dasein wrote:
    +1
  15. ARCHIVED-nobe Guest

Something I would like to see is the journal link to the guide for how to do the quest like ProfitUI does. If a third party mod can do it - why cant we? And of course, make it toggle-able so those that dont want to see the hints dont have to.
  16. ARCHIVED-Lleren Guest

I would really like to have the book collections split off and moved to a tab of thier own in the quest journal.
    The ability to organize our own seperate tabs for the quest journal much like we can for chat, that would be awesome =D
  17. ARCHIVED-SteelTalon Guest

Speaking of Quests, how about a quest object inventory tab that's separate from our regular inventory?

All quest objects would be placed in that inventory so they aren't cluttering up our regular inventory.

At any rate, as someone mentioned earlier, being able to display a groupmate's quest in the quest tracker window would be my request.
  18. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

This isn't exactly Quest Journal specific, but I would like objects that have to be used during a quest to be hidden and remembered; meaning we don't have to have it in inventory or on hotbars, that the game knows we have the object, and we click on whatever it's suppose to affect and it will trigger. Please help us unclutter inventory and hotbars with these quest items.
  19. ARCHIVED-salle Guest

Would it be possible to add a property to market search tool, one that knows if it's a collection item you don't have added.
    To this if you could also add a search tool to only look for items from a specific collection quest?
    There are a few good ideas in the active quest window that modders have fixed like a drop down menu of the last quests that were updated. The only problem with this list is that it resets whenever you leave the game, would it be possible to have an offline file to store data like this so you don't lose that info even if your game crashes, say only 5 or so quests long?
    Would it be possible to see in your active window and in the journal when not looking in the group or shared tab, info about who else in your group is also on the quest, and perhaps even show what step?
  20. ARCHIVED-Karrane1 Guest

Thanks Rothgar!!!
    #1.. I would love to see the info left alone on the completed quests. It would be awesome to be able to search the completed quests and see the steps it took to finish them, and that would help in knowing what quests you might want to share from there.
    #2.. I would love to see quest objects that are needed placed in a special inventory so they dont clutter up my bags. It seems that everytime I go back to do an old quest that needs a piece of whatever, either I dont have it anymore... or its wayyyyy back in the bank since I didnt have room to carry it for 6 months till I needed it again. I dont delete the wrong pieces anymore since the Tag was added if it was needed for a quest line.. but there are old pieces that are gone due to no tag and an old woman's memory )))

I also use Fetish NIghtfall and have had side by side journal from almost day 1 :eek:)...