Quest Journal

Discussion in 'Developer Roundtable' started by ARCHIVED-Rothgar, Apr 9, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-CuCullain Guest

This might overlap into quests partially, but maybe not.
    1. For quest series have the current quest tie into the previously done quests.
    Options: Have the previous quests colapse as tress off the current quest name/have the quest details have a collapsed area of previous quest details/have the details simply list the names of previous quests that when clicked bring you to the completed side of the quest journal to that quest.
    2. No more quests that are ??? catagory or start as some catagory other than HQ/Epic/Sig and after doing a couple steps becomes HQ/Epic/Sig.
    3. Add a "f e e d b a c k" link to the quest so you can easily bug/comment about them.
    4. Add a "Great Quest" link that simply sends a hit to the DB so the devs can track the popular quests and learn to build along those lines moving forward. Conversly add a "Horrible Quest" link.
    ROFL I tried to use the word f-e-e-d-b-a-c-k and it told me it was a censored word!
  2. ARCHIVED-JenarieII Guest

Brinelan@Guk wrote:
    Agree!
    I'd also really like it if collections said what level they were and could be sorted by level.
  3. ARCHIVED-Giara Guest

I would love, love, love to be able to delete collection quests I have no intention of ever completing. My eye tic kicks in every time I look at all of the page/book collection quests that will never be finished.
  4. ARCHIVED-Stump4 Guest

What I find annoying is that if I accidentally get a "repeatable" quest, I can't just delete it and not do it because it will subtract it from my completed quest total. So I'm forced to do it anyway. Please allow us to delete repeatable quests without the penalty of losing quest count.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

You should add a Search feature that searches for things that you might need in your quest. Having the maximum amount of quests in your journal makes it hard to keep up with what you need.
    Also while on the topic I would like to see multiple quest tracking. I do know that you know a little about the UI of Warhammer (I hate to compare) so I would request something like their multiple quest tracker that has the + - CollapseCheckbox (As called in Commonelements), or something similar . This makes it easier to complete and track multiple quests.

Can't hurt to ask . I would also probably post the same topic on EQ2Interface so the modding community also can collaborate together once more .
  6. ARCHIVED-Araxes Guest

Rothgar --

The ability to lock quests to the quest tracker (so that if you are in a group in a dungeon and you pick up a new quest, the tracker doesn't automatically default to the new quest, but stays on track with the one you were in the middle of working on).
    The ability to display more than one quest / objective at a time in the quest tracker [should you so choose].

That is all.

Thanks!
    Ara
  7. ARCHIVED-Buneary Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Kordran Guest

The two things that I'd like to see with the quest journal are:
    1. The ability to add your own notes about a given quest. Sometimes it would be useful to be able to just jot something down, particular when it's a long quest line (signature/heritage quests, etc.)
    2. The ability for the quest to give you the location and a waypoint (if in the same zone) of the NPC that you need to talk to in order to continue or complete the quest. Another issue with long quests that are completed over a period of time. It's nice for the journal to tell me that I need to go back and talk with "Feeblix Gribblesnoz" ... if I could only remember where the heck he is, so off to the EQ2 wiki I go.
    Laying the quest journal so that it's side-by-side is nice for the default UI, but as someone who uses Profit, that's really not such a big deal since it's the way we've had things since forever ago.
  9. ARCHIVED-daceb Guest

different tab for repeatable quests after you've done them once and maybe not have them counted towards the max amount that can be had in journal
    a way to highlight quests that have steps in common
    when finishing a quest a way to choose what quest is next highlighted, ie next in line, last quest that was picked up or not highlight anything
    when sharing/deleting the highlighted quest that it is the quest I'm trying to share/delete as this can be a bit of a pain when i see the quest i want to share is highlighted and the quest info is in the box but when i click on share/delete it applies it to a different quest(that's how i accidentally deleted a darken shard losing all progress i had with it)
    would be nice to have some kind of way to link the quest with the map so when i click on the quest all available poi's for that quest show up or when selecting a quest to have all info on map to only have something to do with that quest hiding all others
  10. ARCHIVED-ashen1973 Guest

I currently use the Fetish modded journal and it works very well, this would be a good starting point for a new , default journal
    [IMG]
    The most usefull additions to this (Its been along time since I used the default Ui, so apologies if any of these are already in it)
    • Side by side Quest list/Quest information
    • Ability to link to the Allakhazam or Eq2i pages about the quest, with the click of one button
    • Ability to arrange quests alphabetically, by zone, by level or by type

Additions I think would make the journal even more usefull
    • Collections in a completely different window. The ability to 'hide' collections
    • An indication of other when other group members are on the same quest and the stage they are on (without having to look into their journal)
    • Ability to search for quests by keywords
    • removal of the 'no delete' tag from all quests. Although, if it would not be possible to get the quest again, a warning of such would be nice
    • A way of seeing if multiple quest srequire the same mobs etc.. for update

It would also be great if we could show more than one quest in the onscreen window (The Fetish Ui has a nice system of drop down boxes that make it easy to flick between the most recent updated quests. but would be nice to be able to see multiple quest on the screen at the same time)
    I would also like to se an extra window available, that could show a groupmembers quest details
  11. ARCHIVED-Necrophon Guest

How about the ability to track more than one quest at a time? In a certain other game, the quest tracker handles 5 at a time, so how hard is it really to bump up the set to handle a few more quests? And get rid of the auto-switching. If I can have 75 quests in my log journal, I'm fairly certain I'm not going to care immediately about the update points of the one I just picked up. Or, have the quest tracker change to the quest you just got an update for, so that you can see what the additional quest points are to complete.
    Just a few thoughts.
  12. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    What about large black boxes over those undisclosable features? or would that obscure to much of the rest of it?
  13. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Kordran wrote:
  14. ARCHIVED-MrWolfie Guest

Deson wrote:
    What he said.
    All but one of my characters still has this quest in their journal, whenever I complete a quest, this one pops into focus. And, for those people who have done it, the "focus-grabber" is something else that's always the same each time.
    Either have it drop down to the next one in our sort order (I have them sorted by zone) or the last one we looked at before the one we've just completed.
  15. ARCHIVED-FimisOrbe Guest

A Checkbox for Collection you don't want to turn in would be nice.
    Instead of Holding one Piece of every Collection back in your Bank or House Vault, put everything in the Collection and Check it for not turning In.
    Got like 150 Collection to Turn in on a Char, but only want the important finished, mainly Collection that give you Options for further ones. (Googles, Sword of Destiny, etc.)
  16. ARCHIVED-Jarnhand Guest

I'd like to see a favorites tab and a way to set the default quest.
  17. ARCHIVED-Alienor Guest

Deson wrote:
    QFE. Same here. Especially this quest is annoying like hell as you can't finish it properly once you are over lvl 60 and if you delete it you get bugged with it everytime you zone to TS
  18. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

If I have loaded some collection items into a collection quest and then decide that I will never complete that collection I should be able to 'delete' the collection quest and it will cough up the ones i have 'loaded' in there 'so far'
  19. ARCHIVED-cawalton Guest

I'd like to be able to sort by Starting Zone, right now after you get a quest and the next step is a different zone, the quest will be sorted under that zone, which makes sense, however, if I'm trying to determine which quests are left outstanding from a starting zone, I can't. This would help me when I'm trying to "finish" a zone, say all of Nek Woods, I could sort by Starting zone and then just concentrate on those, it would help me be more efficient.
  20. ARCHIVED-KohlDL Guest

Thanks for the opportunity Rothgar.

1. A sort order for completed (by name, by level, I can't see "by current zone" being too helpful but you never know)
    2. A bit more information on completed quests, not just that I helped so and so find such and such.
    3. Multi quest tracker would be neat so you could see a short summary of maybe 5? quests at a glance by current zone, or starting zone. This way you wouldn't have to scroll through the 34 quests you have in KJ to see what needs what. You could show the five you are currently working on and just be able to check those five quickly.
    4. When you cannot share a quest with someone, it would be nice to know why. When you share with someone now and they do not meet a requirement, you are given that information, but sometimes the "share" button just isn't lit up and I don't always know why not. (HQ's, Signatures I get that part, sometimes not so obvious).
    5. A search field based on step/stage of the quest. So I could type in Big while in the Everfrost category and it would return the 2 quests I have in Everfrost for Bighorn Sheep and Bighorn Dashers. I could see quickly what quests would be satisfied by a particular mob. Or something like that. It makes sense in my head :)

Bugs I've encountered
    On a group member getting an update and all of a sudden my view of their journal gets perma stuck on that one quest, no matter what quest of theirs I choose, I just see the info for that one.
    On a group member getting an update, it won't ever update that one again. For example Journey HQ, I see they get an update on one of the locations you run by, it locks there somehow and I cannot see any more updates on their quests.
    Sometimes with timed quests, the group member view has a really whacked out time. I know we have for example, 7 minutes left on the race but their quest shows me 3 minutes or it might show me 52 minutes!