Quest Journal

Discussion in 'Developer Roundtable' started by ARCHIVED-Rothgar, Apr 9, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Gwynet Guest

Let me delete hallmark quests from 3 expansions ago!
  2. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    IMO, decouple collections from the 'quest' object all together.
  3. ARCHIVED-blavek Guest

There are few things in addition to what was allready sai that I would like to see.
    I would like to see a total number of quests in zone verses how many I have completed. For example The Moors of Ykesha Active - 10, completed 110, total in zone 512. (Numbers inacurate ;)) I would like this for completeness so I can go to a zone and say I have completed all the quests here time to move on or if I am questing for AA points I can see that one zone has more quests available to me than another zone.
    Next I would like to see waypoints that have been discovered (not nessecarily by the player) for updates by the objective. Let's face it the first thing most of us do when we pick up a new quest or get a new objective is click on the link to the wiki page grab the waypoint and /way it. Wow has an add on that does this via forum trolling I think there maybe away to pull it from the wiki and cut out a step or two from the quest grind.
    Also if I share a quest that someone needs a prerequisite for instead of making me dig through my journal for the pre req share that quest and tell me I shared this quest so I can go and help the person catch up.
    Thats all I can think of right now that hasn't previously been mentioned.
  4. ARCHIVED-madhatr Guest

Since we are trying to make the quest journal more usable, can we add a click to find update like we did for the collection quests. Ill explain
    Some quest srequire updates that can be bought on the brooker, but are not expressly stated what item you need to buy, sort of like click the update in teh jounrla wjhen targeting a brooker, if the update is somethign you can buy it auto sorts for that item,
    We can also use the same funtionality to auto sort the recipe window for tradeskill writ updates, and any other quest that require crafting updates, my recipe books has 600+ combines easily, and would save some effort from typing and sorting out your recipie window.. I do soemthign similar for adventure writs i make a /target macro with all the writ mobs i am looking for and just spam it and pet pull =P.
  5. ARCHIVED-SaberShadowKat Guest

Ditto to delete any quest, sort by solo/heroic/epic.
    Added to that I wouldn't mind a "quest completed-to be turned in" type of sort option. If you zone hop without turn ins, you need to open all of your quests to see which ones, if any, need to be turned in still. So it would be a sort by active solo/heroic/epic/completed/(maybe repeatable too?)
  6. ARCHIVED-Zarador Guest

I enjoyed the "Vanguard" quest tracking system where you could have several quests shown up at the same time. Really handy when doing zones with very similair quest objectives. Sometimes it gets frustrating to return only to realize that one more kill 1/2 way across the zone would have completed the quest.
    Seperation of Tomes from Collections would be great as well.
    Ability to sort collections by "Zone" perhaps?
    When entering collection items, maybe have the entered item go to that collection, then when the item is added, stay in that collection?
    (lazy suggestion) Maybe have some highlight on pages that are "No Trade".
  7. ARCHIVED-Viany Guest

Zarador wrote:
    I think they already put this in game. I was checking the broker the other day for pages that I am missing. When you scroll over them in your journal the missing page will tell you if it is a "No Trade" page or not. Very handy. Don't have to waste time trying to broker search for them now.
  8. ARCHIVED-Solidshot Guest

One thing i would like is the ability to either print out the quest journal or export it to a spreadsheet for printing.
  9. ARCHIVED-Seffrid Guest

Please let me delete Hallmark quests.
  10. ARCHIVED-Cubey Guest

Need an option to adjust Text size. I Bought a even bigger monitor and run the game at high res, Since I can not change the size it is very hard to read the smaller pool of text on this window. MY 25 inch monitor at 1900x1200 was hard to read the 30 inch higher than 1900x1200 is almost impossible unless I move in really close.. The journal window is one of the few I: cant up the text size.

Also more sorting options there is so many quest sometimes I still cant find the one I am looking for, or maybe search by keyword or reward like google search style... like all quest that has something to do with bats shows up when typed or reward name, NPC names, ETC.

Anything at all to make the quest details easy to read while I am moving/fighting around since when I do them in groups people do not stop they know what is going on, since it is there quest I have to read up on the quest fast or fall behind the group.

The major change and it will probabley never happen a new small window option that dynamicly changes to show what ever quest I am near in game, and show me the objectives.
    And I wish i could adjust the pannel more like the split between the middle of quest detail and rewards, the reward info is huge and I rather customize it to have more text space the way it looks right on my monitor. Anything at all to adjust window text space vs graphics to your liking. on my monitor sometimes I want to read the text in a huge window and the Rewards at the bottom is taking up half the screen to display a small graphic that shows me what I get for it.
  11. ARCHIVED-Gilasil Guest

side by side would probably be fine.
    1. Ablity to show more then one quest in the quest helper.
    2. When I finish a quest being displayed in the helper, be smarter about what to show next. Perhaps a LIFO approach in which once a quest is finished, show the next most recent quest that has been updated or received as that's probably the one the player is most interested in.
  12. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Gilasil wrote:
    2. if possable instead of just LIFO, how about zone check LIFO, it checks to see the most resontly updated quest in the current zone, if there are no quests in that zone then it goes Journal Wide LIFO... though ajecent zone LIFO would be really cool.
  13. ARCHIVED-madhatr Guest

madhatr wrote:
    thought of another reason this would be cool to add. lore and legend updates, you could just click the update you are missing by a broker and it would sort the broker for you.
  14. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Fineous@Butcherblock wrote:
    I foresee a Keychain type interface.

The 4 keys to Chardok gates.
    Sokokar.
    The various items needed to progress Kunark raiding T2 and T3.

I am getting to have one whole bag of items which are there just for access/quest updates.
  15. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

make the journal stop defaulting back to A Darkend Shard quest from Spitpaw saga every time i finnish a diffrent quest or get updates in certain zones. getting very aggrivateing. dont want to deleate it in hopes that one day the zone will be doable grey and not bug out. but sick of seeing it pop up all the time, and it even unhides itself.
  16. ARCHIVED-kinshadow Guest

I'd like a list of deleted quests, so I know which ones I need to go back to.
  17. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    Getting any closer to cluing us in on the changes? Figured its been a few weeks, maybe?
  18. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

Artemiz@The Bazaar wrote:
    Not yet, unfortunately. I'll let you know as soon as I can share more.
  19. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I'd like to second the notion of being able to see in greater detail what the quest I completed was all about.
    I was so happy when EQlive introduced the quest dialogue tracker that recorded all NPC dialogue during a quest.
    I was disappointed that our *JOURNAL* does not record any dialogue for us to reference and record so we can go back and reread it again if we missed anything important.

Most quests listed in the Completed Tab just have a small memo as if you just checked it off on your daily "Things to Do" list. That doesn't make our Epic Quests seem all that epic.

"Lets see, what do I need to do today? Do the laundry.. check. Go to the post office... Check. Get my fabled epic weapon... Check. Wash the car... Check."
  20. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Count me in for this as well. Cusa is probably getting tired of answering my questions because I forgot something I would have otherwise read in my journal :p
    Sooooo much information. My head hurts sometimes.