PvP Time-Locked Server Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fleshdecay, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Drew575 Active Member

Can we expect an ETA on this? I go to the field for a month here next week I just want something to look forward to..
  2. Roshen Well-Known Member

Currently our ETA for both of these servers is "this year."

As we're able to nail down a bit more about what players want, and what we can move forward with with the time we have, we'll be able to quote a more specific ETA.
    kafodoo, Neiloch, Fetish and 2 others like this.
  3. Drew575 Active Member

well either way, once this happens expect a re-sub from me, I'm sure more people will join as well.
    kafodoo and Siren like this.
  4. Pawder Active Member

So why have all the current zones and content if it's a frozen in time server of past content. Is there going to be tanks with 1mil hps and all the crap that goes with it? or the original intent or MC gear being the best in pvp.
  5. Foretold Well-Known Member

Y'all realize, this server will put the final nail in Nagafen's coffin...
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

For all we know, Naggy is going to offer free transfers off then be wiped to become this new server. :p They really haven't said yet what's happening server-wise.

Or who knows what the true server configs are these days. City of Heroes had managed to virtually image all its servers onto one cluster instead in its later years (or so claimed its devs), and no one was the wiser. Atlas Park zone on Virtue server could be hosted right next to Brickstown from Liberty server; no one realized it. The zones blew up and then went down in size in relation to how many people from server X were in zone Y at any given time. It worked pretty well.

It could be that EQ2's recent "server maintenances" did something similar, and Nagafen is nowadays a tiny speck hosted right next to zones from Unrest and Butcherblock on the same cluster or whatever. It would certainly explain all the random crashes, lag and poor performance we've had since the Columbus Nova takeover.

And it would also explain how two new "servers" could magically pop out of nowhere for such an old game (not to mention two more, Ragefire and that other prog server, for EQ1), when devs were let go left and right in every game and budget cuts were made everywhere just a couple months ago when Columbus Nova took over.
  7. Slant Well-Known Member

Then let us see them to proper guidance so that the old dragon need not die in vain!

sorry best news I've hear come outta any game i play in a long time. didn't mean to get all RPy :p
    Siren and Fetish like this.
  8. Trasor Active Member

I want to just say again how awesome this is. I will try my best to promote it with friends and family. I think another thing that was a lot of appeal before in the game was how each class had class-specific gear sets that enhanced abilities...i loved that, as well as the appearance of those gear sets helped to define the class as well.

I am very very very optimistic, though I must say my favorite zone all time to PvP in will always be Darklight Wood :)
  9. Fetish Well-Known Member

Naggy has been dead for a while now, and there isn't even a priest left who can rez him...all I can say is that if he dies, and takes BGs with him, then it will have been the most glorious death ever, and in true PvP fashion. <3
    Ecno, Raff, Foretold and 1 other person like this.
  10. Fetish Well-Known Member

^^^ This. And it should also require a character on that server who is either a certain level, or a certain creation date (no level 1 toons that are 3 days old but happen to be on a paying account).
    Siren likes this.
  11. Drew575 Active Member

who cares? The server is dead and noone really plays on it any way
  12. Exur Well-Known Member

I have no idea why they submit surveys via character and not by account... or by sub account. Logging in and having to submit a vote for all 13 of my alts just seems like they're not getting an accurate tally. As long as it's not done this way, I think I can live with the results.

On the sub requirement topic... you likely wouldn't get an accurate PvP opinion if a sub was required. Most of the PvP opinions I would like impacting the vote don't currently have a sub.

Getting a detailed list of all the expansions and featured they brought would be ideal. Then I could go thru the list and tell the dev team exactly what I would like and not like on a TLP PvP server.
  13. Siren Well-Known Member

Maybe once this new Time-Locked (hopefully frozen-in-time-forever-at-KoS) open PvP server is planned out and the things that killed off open PvP are removed successfully from the coding and it launches, then those same ideas might be eventually ported over to Nagafen, too!

Then after the excitement of the new shiny wears off, those PvPers missing their old, high-level characters on Nagafen could go back there and have the same improved open PvP situation that this new PvP server will have.

You never know.

But to be honest, Daybreak could just cut to the chase, get rid of that stuff (like BGs, PvP gear, level locking,flying mounts, etc.) on Nagafen and be done with it. We don't really need a new PvP server, we need them to fix the old one FINALLY GUYS, lol.
  14. Exur Well-Known Member

Nagafen is EQ2 live with PvP enabled. That is what it was sold as and that is what it is. Unfortunately all the PvE changes to EQ2 live over the years have ruined PvP. I view this TLP PvP server as a replacement for Nagafen done right. Done right by the community telling devs what they want and what they don't want implemented on the server. There is actually a thought that when the TLP PvP server hits a sweet spot, it will be locked down and left alone for us to enjoy the Norrath we want. Had a dev confirm this was actually what they are anticipating. Reading the TLP PvE server, there are people wanting unlocks after 3 months.... good lord no... and I'm so happy they are creating a separate server focused on PvP.
    Siren likes this.
  15. Fetish Well-Known Member

When inferring that the vote should be once per paid account, I was referring to the "unlocking" of the server in order to level it up to the next expansion. One a time locked server, where the content is old and game changes have made doing content, even at level, obsolete, then it would be too easy to troll the server by unlocking the next expansion if the unlocking were to be by content completion. Likewise it would be too easy to manipulate the voting for such unlocking should the votes be "per character".

...and yeah, virtually anyone who even remembers how the red servers were, much less played on them since launch, is likely on a free account, just out of spite in not wanting to support a company who killed the best open world PvP environment ever.
  16. Drew575 Active Member

I agree. Lock it and leave it alone please for the love of all things in eq2 that were good at one point. EOF or KOS is the best time frame to lock it and where set gear from EOF was not OP.
    Siren likes this.
  17. Drew575 Active Member

I was also thinking about the current infamy system.

Please change it back to the way it used to be for pvp when it had first started

No title
    Hunter
    Slayer
    Destroyer
    Champion
    Dreadnaught (was added later in the game)
    General
    Master
    Overseer

Make it so that you only gain fame from someone who is 1 title higher than u and 1 below you. also remove the fame bar please
  18. Exur Well-Known Member

Oh yes, absolutely.
  19. Fulton Active Member

if i remember correctly it was hunter,slayer,destroyer,champion,dread,master in the old days. general and overseer were added later. Looking forward to massive battle in ant/cl,sinking sands and cloud battles!! Class specific pvp weapons and armor using faction and tokens was awesome
  20. Fetish Well-Known Member

I hope that is what will happen. It would be amazing!