PvP Time-Locked Server Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fleshdecay, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Siren Well-Known Member

And incidentally, this morphing of "today's EQ2" with the best ideas from the 2005 launch of the open PvP servers may actually provide more longevity in that there will be a lot more levels, classes, skills and content than there ever was at KoS, so long as all the bad stuff (that I just listed a couple posts back so I won't mention it all again) isn't included.
  2. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

also, seliri cant play
  3. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

The devs can change the title if need be. I think they already did for the PvE progression server discussion thread.
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

Haha. Er, I mean incoherentmumblingandgrumbling. ;)

Seliri was banned in-game from EQ2 for cheating/exploiting, and banned and re-banned off these forums several times as well, because he kept coming back to stir up trouble here even though he couldn't play anymore (if this is the same guy I'm thinking it is).
  5. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

yeah, blockoftext guy who would just spam this huge pvp changes list. I didnt know he cheated though. I went on a pug raid he did and he always seemed like a square that wouldnt do anything like cheat.

oh well, the more you know
    Siren likes this.
  6. Roshen Well-Known Member

Fixed!

To clarify, our goal for this server is to create a "Time-Locked" server. There are no plans at this time for additional expansions to unlock as players progress through content, and thus is not by definition a "Progression Server"
  7. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Siren likes this.
  8. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Ah, Time Locked then?

Lock it at KoS please please please. This would make for probably the most powerful pvp experience possible.
    Drew575 and Siren like this.
  9. Strings Well-Known Member

Okay maybe I don't understand. What is gninja talking about when he says unlocking content?

10. Siren Well-Known Member

Is Gninja chatting away in the PvE Time-Locked server thread by any chance? Because there aren't too many peeps around who want all the EQ2 expansions dumped onto any more open PvP servers! :) Ahem, there is Nagafen for that! Enjoy your trip through the tumbleweeds, sir.
  11. Gninja Developer

I was referring to the process of adding each expansion/content at the appropriate time. In this case the appropriate time would either be time based, vote based, or both.
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

Oh Lord thank you THANK YOU for clarifying this. Probably some blue players don't even understand what the big deal could be concerning this very important difference.

If any blue player don't understand, I detailed some major points on page 2 (one page back) in this thread, about halfway down. It's big (because I really care!). You can't miss it. :p
  13. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

I think it would be good to have a combination of both time and vote based. After a certain duration (x months) we can vote on moving to the next expansion or staying for another X months. This way we dont rush through content, because a minimum duration is set, and we can stay in content based on popular vote. perhaps we can vote on the minimal length we will stay in each expansion
  14. Strings Well-Known Member

Well apparently I'm having a reading comprehension fail, because this isn't making any sense.

Edit: Is there a different thread for the non-pvp server?
  15. Strings Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the pve server or the pvp one?
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

And Roshen was clarifying that here in the thread for the open PvP Time-Locked server, there will NOT be any added expansions or changes to the PvP server coming. Whew! We've needed a Kingdom of Sky-type Permanently-Time-Locked open PvP server since forever.

Gninja, unfortunately, the gradual adding in of level locking/shutting off XP, the AA slider, BGs, PvP gear, flying mounts/leapers etc. would be a complete disaster (please see the empty thing we call Nagafen for reference).

I am getting the general impression that this Time-Locked open PvP server will still offer content to 100 with all the classes and zones we already have right off the bat, only with certain things (that wrecked open PvP) like being able to shut off XP/level lock, use the AA slider, BGs, PvP gear, flying mounts/leapers, Guild Halls etc.permanently disabled or missing from the game altogether.

Is there some confusion even within Daybreak about this? Please see Roshen's post for clarification further up on this page. :)

If the blue players want stuff to be added back in as time goes on over at the Time-Locked PvE server, all the more power to 'em. Is that where the confusion is coming from? But Roshen renamed both the PvE Time-Locked thread and PvP Time-Locked threads to reflect that they are to be frozen in time, with earlier ideas embedded in them and no new content added over time.
  17. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

TBH I would rather we did this for the PvE version too, locking it @ RoK -- the last best expac in some people's minds.
  18. Fulton Active Member

Hum... is this for real? After not playing the game for over a year now and about 4 years since playing on naggy, this def caught my eye, as long as its around eof,kos,dof count me in fo sho!!
    Siren likes this.
  19. Roshen Well-Known Member

The point of these threads is for players to TELL us what they want.

Gninja is asking players if they want expansions to unlock over time, or if players should vote on a server for when they want content to unlock.

Let's assume that this PvP Time-Locked server launches as a similar experience to how EQ2 was in 2004. Should this be where content is locked? Or should expansion content unlock to players over time? If content is getting released to players over time, HOW should that be released?

--

The goal for a "Time-Locked Expansion Server" is to lock the server at some point in EQ2's history, and release expansions to the server when it's appropriate to keep the play experience fresh and moving forward.

I understand that players have lots of opinions on how this should look on a PvP server... which is why this discussion thread exists!
    Ecno likes this.
  20. Thetmes Active Member

Lock it at ROK or TSO and no need to go past that ever.
    Surgeon and Raff like this.