PvP Time-Locked Server Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fleshdecay, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Nothing in the game (spells, gear, etc.) should have the effect "disabled in pvp combat" on it.
    Karsa and Ardur Duradan like this.
  2. Aeneka Member

I like where you're thinking Flesh and I think a lot of these points will give them good ideas for the PvP server. I agree PvP/BG gear should be taken out for sure and put back to when instance gear was on top and possibly bring back low level proc gear and the old stat system when health/power was still a stat and you had to balance gear based on your class for resists. I don't know if id go back to heat/cold divine/magic/ and poison/disease resists but I think making classes like troubadours and shadowknights benefit from intelligence again would be a good was to customize your character. I think this will be a good way to go back to the days of mass PvP battles if people actually participate in warfronts like they did at first. Hopefully someday we will all see the old barren sky/kylong plains wars again.
    Justbecause likes this.
  3. Aeneka Member

Oh and please god no succulent totems >.<
  4. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

I would rather not have warfields/warfronts as it is not and never was a natural part of pvp. The open world will have pvp in all zones of all tiers during all times of the day if we go back to the basics of needing to quest, group, and raid for xp, gear and aa's. Wf's wont be needed.
    Ecno and Raff like this.
  5. Dequi Active Member

Yep, no warfields.

There are other ways to flag a mass PVP opportunity e.g. contented pull, server wide message, ring event in bonemire, zone message - that kind of thing.

Let people know something is about to happen and PVP will happen.
    Ecno and Raff like this.
  6. Aeneka Member

Okay yeah as far as these go I can see alot of that coming into play. Interestingly enough the chat on nagafen has risen dramatically in the last couple hours over this stuff. A lot of players with alot of good ideas, hopefully they will post them in here somewhere. One we were talking about is how to deal with fame and titles and going back to the old fame system.. its nice to have because it creates at least some level of competition but at the same time there are people that just title hunt and get overlord/warlord and are never seen from again.. Also being able to customize toons via gear.. are they going back to the old stat system when troubs/sks etc could use int to bump spell damage or are we sticking to STA and one stat to benefit that archtype? I think being able to customize toons that way would be a good idea but idk how they would go about changing all that gear to old stats.. We just didnt like the fact you can have a wizard running around with so much potency and still set up like a tank and take less damage than say a guardian..
    Justbecause likes this.
  7. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Players title hugging and playing safe was part of the fun, because they would end up being the #1 target and the satisfaction of killing them is second to none. I don't think title huggers impacted pvp population at all.
    As for the original stat system, I mentioned that in my original post but there is a chance that it was "lost" in the original code and we are stuck with a less unique and less personal build/playstyle.
    Slant likes this.
  8. Aeneka Member

Aye like I said we werent sure what to do with it but that was one of the things that kept coming up, there were about 6 of us in open channel talking about all of this for a couple hours earlier. It is very unfortunate that we can not go back to the old stat system. That is one thing I and many others were for sure looking forward to. It definitely gave us a lot more choices for diversity between classes which is great to see for pvp.
  9. Creasote Well-Known Member

You won't have the return of the sustained population you would expect if players are in raid zones and not in the open world. In addition you will just have groups with elite raid gear and procs driving players off the server or forcing them to lock at lower levels. Most pvpers don't want to raid, they want to PVP. There should be very few closed zones, all contested. Not saying eliminate Pve but make just about everything contested.
  10. TobY New Member

Love Holly i mean i Would Marry her ^^
  11. Raff Well-Known Member

If you make crafted gear op over quest & raid gear, then everyone has access to the best and it becomes a matter of skill...and numbers, of course. I question the need for raid gear at all on an open world pvp server.
    Kittybock and Siren like this.
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

Or, at the very least make crafted gear on par with raid...so there are 2 avenues open for gear.
    Kittybock and Siren like this.
  13. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Instead, have 2 ways of earning top gear; by means of raiding or pvping. Same gear in every way, just earned differently. I recommend faction based purchasing for gear earned by pvping. You earn faction from pvp kills and pvp writs.
  14. Justbecause Active Member

Then I would also question how to attract grouper/raiders to a PvP server? There needs to be diversity in the player base. Allowing everyone to have the same gear immediately wastes the whole opportunity of spending the time with risk involved in order to gain items others who sit by themselves would not noramally be able to get, thus you lacking to find people in the open world to kill. I think the solution to that problem is allow components to MC recipes drop from raid/heroic mobs contested or not. Craftable items would still hold the best in slot. For example the component from so and so zone/mob is for cloth wearers.

They just mentioned that they will be getting away from the grinding in the game currently. I think this is a smart idea to do so. Making it so you don't need x amount of currency/faction will cause players to move around more. You want open world pvp well then you need to take all steps to encourage it.
  15. Siren Well-Known Member

The title of this thread should not be "The EQ2 PvP Progression Server Discussion Thread."

The name of this thread should be "The EQ2 PvP Time-Locked Server Discussion Thread." No eventual expansions will be unlocked as time goes on, and thank God for that because most of them just progressively messed up and virtually eliminated open PvP more and more as time went on.

This server will be permanently locked, hopefully at the point idea-wise of Kingdom of Sky on the day it launched:

1.) NO shutting off of XP or level locking of any sort allowed!

(The locked twinks on the 9 of every tier, 39, 49, etc. are what drove the newbies off the open PvP servers when their populations first dropped. Not to mention that locked twinks no longer level characters, therefore they no longer team, quest across the landscapes, or harvest or craft because they don't need any of that anymore. Way to invalidate 100 levels of content and the entire point of an open PvP server in one fell swoop!)

2.) NO AA baubles or Heroic characters sold in the cash shop please! No server transfers to this new server, either; level and team from the ground up or don't bother.

(If Daybreak wants to charge a sub, that's fine, they have to support these new servers somehow. I find it ironic that I just cancelled my sub this past April that has been All Access since day 1 of this game, and now I will be running to sub again the minute this new Time-Locked PvP server hits.)

3.) NO AA slider!

4.) NO PVP gear!

(Harvesting and crafting Master Crafted gear while fighting mobs/questing and teaming on the landscapes makes for a very exciting open PvP atmosphere that continually promotes itself as players level and team through every tier of the game, and you can fight mobs and bosses in MC as well.)

5.) NO BGs!

(This just divides the population and drags it away from the open landscapes- bad!)

6.) NO flying mounts or leapers!

7.) Open PvP in every city, all the time!

(When KoS first launched people could actually whack you down even while you were in a crafting instance or in your house, but I'll leave that one for the devs. Open PvP in every city is way more exciting than you'd think and a ton of fun.)

8.) NO Guild Halls!

(You have those on the blue servers and Nagafen. This Time-Locked server is to promote open PvP, not endless guild decorating that locks you away from the population. You'll still have your own personal house I'd assume, which will be bad enough.) :p
    Ecno, Kittybock, Surgeon and 2 others like this.
  16. Thetmes Active Member

RoK or TSO rule set make it so and done
  17. Strings Well-Known Member

Sorry to burst your bubble

18. Siren Well-Known Member

Oh my God I am so excited I just had to post again. :cool: :D
  19. Siren Well-Known Member

Sorry to burst yours:

Direct from the Producer's Letter, here is Roshen: Scroll down a ways on this page:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/producer’s-letter-new-fabled-ethereal-items-server-stuff-and-more.560706/

For reference, an “EverQuest Progression Server” is a server where additional content unlocks as players progress through the content, and some criteria is met. On EQ’s newest server, Ragefire, six months need to pass, players need to defeat all of the active content (ie raid bosses), and a majority of the active players on the server need to vote to open the next expansion.

“Time-Locked” doesn’t necessarily mean the same thing. Time-Locked merely means that the content is locked at some time in the history of the game. For example a time-locked server may start on a certain expansion, and may be locked from expansions after a certain point from becoming active.

What we have in EQ is a "Time-Locked Progression server" (TLP). What we're building for EQ2 doesn't need to be a copy of the EQ TLP model. It needs to be what the EQ2 players want.

A progression server would be worthless as an open PvP server, because PvE expansion dump after PvE expansion dump of BGs, PvP gear, level locking, the AA slider, flying mounts and leapers along with tons of instanced content all KILLED open world PvP.

A permanently time-locked server, frozen in time for all eternity back when open PvP was at its finest in EQ2, is what the PvP population has been begging for for many years now, and is the only thing worth bothering to do. Right the wrongs or don't bother.

As for the PvE Time-Locked server, well, they can do what the blue players want over there (there are two separate Time-Locked servers coming, you know, read Holly's Post in Announcements). But for PvP, it's a different story.
    Raff likes this.
  20. Strings Well-Known Member

Alrighty then.