New Robe = New Love

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Garlin1, Jan 6, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    Ahh yes plane shift. That makes more sense. =) thanks
    But it's still at the highest level of progression with the absolute best mods availible in gear, buffs, debuffs, and AA's and while using plane shift. And still not overpowering to the summoner at 1600 DPS added to the pet. The pet should still be doing more Damage than even that at that level of progression.
    So while you guys are absolutley right, in your own sense, yer still dismissing the end result. Which is even the maximum amount of DPS possible from the robe at the highest level of progression is less DPS than our pets "should" be doing.
    So it all boils right back down to semantics. It's broken as far as the tool tip is conserned. But the effect it has on summoner DPS is not overpowering. The regen is pretty rediculous. But also since summoner can't really DPS without the other power regen classes in the group, even the absolutley r3tarded power regen is just overkill, and doesn't overpower the summoner either.
    The big picture needs to be more important than semantics. But we seem to be glossing over the end result in favor of winning an argument. And remember what they say about arguing on the internet? Doesn't matter who wins yer still ____________?
    The effect this robe has on our DPS between now and when Summoner get fixed is not overpowering so fixing it now is pointless. It does nothing but hurt summoner who spent shards on it. Unless there's some valid reason to fix the robe other than for semantics sake that I am overlooking? I certainly don't see one.
  2. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Xil wrote:
    You seem to be concerned with argument and only you.
    Preety much everyone else agrees that this item is broken and grossly overpowered...so much it can replace other classes main utility.
    Sorry but the robe is broken and has been shown its extremly overpowered and as with any thing in the game period includeing yyour spells the item becomes even more over powered with buffs...just as it should because that is the design mechanic on buffs ...to improv you the player and also the players items.
    On training dummy the robe accounted for close to 550 dps accouting for 1/3 of the pets dps.That alone is over powered...now add in the effects it can have on your group again ae encounters and in a typical raid setting .....the robe is sickeningly over powered.
    You have a complex and thing this whole thing is about winning a argument against you.....why i have no friggin clue....but you have this vision in your little head that this is the case.But you preety much fail on a epic level and your to blind by your own vision to see that this item should have been fixed months ago......Beacause all the data with this broken item pretty much put us on back burner because in every parse it will show summoners are doing preety good.
    So just let go of the crutch which is this incredibly broken item,...learn your class...learn the game and everything will be ok.
    I should have had this fixed months ago imo.
  3. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Bigron@Unrest wrote:
    You know you make this easy when all you do is flame...
  4. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Xil wrote:
    You call posting correct information that is correcting wrong infomation that is along the subject line of the thread flameing?....well if it is then stop posting info that is completly false.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Bigron@Unrest wrote:
  6. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Xil wrote:
    But it seems more so you cant...and that is very sad.
  7. ARCHIVED-tbone7777 Guest

The robe was fixed today.
  8. ARCHIVED-Germs666 Guest

tbone7777 wrote:
    Lol of course, right before I got mine haha! Thanks guys! Now back to sitting on LFG collecting dust.
  9. ARCHIVED-Traldan Omegafyre Guest

Effing cool. Back to being worthless. Thanks SOE!
  10. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

People should stop looking for crutches to make the parse and start trying to build up their toon other ways. Clearly the robe needed to be fixed. Leaving op items like that as is only postpones class fixes because the server parses they see are inflated and show us doing well. Get over the robe and start pushing for summoner class fixes.
  11. ARCHIVED-Minraja Guest

Sciomar@Unrest wrote:
    This is exactly the reason why I didn't waste my time getting that robe. If I am parsing good, then I want it to be because I'm doing something right and not because I'm exploiting a broken robe. At least this way I don't have to deal with someone accusing me of padding my parse with an exploit.
  12. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Drazala@Lucan DLere wrote:
    The robe never did more than 350 to 500 DPS on single targets. The only time it had a noticable effect on the parse was on large linked encounters and even then on an 8 mob encounter at the absolute highest level of progression with every availible augment in the game and plane shift it didn't add more than 7% to 12% to the total parse.
    It was pointless to fix because there is no summoner fix planned or even on the horizon to be planned. And until I see some proof that the devs use a server wide parser of some kind to judge any one classes performance I'd take that kind of info with a grain of salt.
    The effectiveness of the robe was blown way out of perportion so that some forum trolls could win an argument. That's all.
    And now the robe is down to about 35DPS total. Which is a rediculous waste of shards now. Good stuff.
  13. ARCHIVED-Germs666 Guest

Well the robe in it's former state gave us some utility to a grp situation. I think that's what people enjoyed. They should have kept the damage mod and reduced the pwr flow if it was that rediculously OP. Our damage is still garbage when other lvl 80's can hit for over 50k. But assasssins aren't OP at all..
  14. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

Xil wrote:
    Never post without proof is my motto.
    [IMG]
    And since he's no longer an employee it's safe to post ^^
  15. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Sciomar@Unrest wrote:
    Thank you scio, I suck at searching.
  16. ARCHIVED-de lorian Guest

wow...wrong again Xil.
  17. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Sciomar@Unrest wrote:
    Do you know if they still use a server side parser like this? That's a pretty old post.
    MMO's in beta and early development/release use a lot of logging scripts early on that have to be disabled to improve performance.
    Got anything mentioned about this after nov 2004?
  18. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

well since that was posted in 2006 I can safely say yes they used them after beta. And since I can't find it aeralik had mentioned the same thing when they introduced GU 43 and 44. So yea they still use em to gather information on how classes do in certain situations.
  19. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Xil wrote:
    Believe in one of the panal discussions at Fan faire in aug 08 it was discussed/stated this is still the primary way they collect all data....on preety much everything...through logs......and they use this data as a base for balanceing.
  20. ARCHIVED-Carthington Guest

is this xil dood the idiot who stood up at fan faire and said necros suck?