New Robe = New Love

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Garlin1, Jan 6, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-cyric22 Guest

I've read it all.
    Bigron inquired about the piece.
    Fireflyte said it was proc'ing 100% not Bigron.
    Dev's read the forums. Naaomi bugged it after seeing your post in combat section with your 'uber' parse breakdown. Fix priority will be based on wheter people are making a fuss about it. The fact that you continue to claim it is not broken and fight with people about it IS the fuss. Dont shift the blame to someone else.
  2. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Enoa@Kithicor wrote:
    Keep tellin yourself that. I'm not the one who went to the item dev and said "fix this item I use because I want to win an argument on the forums"
    Fact of the matter is the robe doesn't do what those same people claim it does. It adds a small amount of static DPS to our Mage pet ONLY. This is what all the summoner shard armor is "SUPPOSED" to do but in fact doesn't do at all other than this single item. The power regen is excesssive but that could have been adjusted.
    So basically the added bonus to our pet, instead of being spread across the whole set like intended, was bunched into a single item. But now since people went to the item dev directly and made a "fuss" about it to win an argument on the internet (still r3tarded) they are taking away the only increase to pet DPS our "ENTIRE" set provided.
    Which by the way makes the entire set pretty well worthless to summoner as the crit mit on it is not even close to enough to keep from being 1 shot in all critically multiplied AE's even with 1500+ int (our crit mit mod).
    We don't need the 2 piece bonus because we hit the cap long before that matters, the 3 piece bonus is almost useful but since it doesn't do what is says it does either it's hosed, and the 5 piece bonus adds a whopping 25 DPS total.
    So have your semantics you screwed yourself over with them.
    And yes the other side of this is "well if they see that it's not effective they will fix it" right? WRONG they never have and never will take this approach. So summoners trying to show the devs that summoner is so overwhelmingly broken does NOTHING for us but make summoner the very last thing they will consider working on.
  3. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Xil wrote:
    Awww....as i did in the other thread in general forum my heart is really breaking for you man..../tear.
    You dont know what approach they take ...WTH do you know you have been to this board for 6 months....and in game 7 ish?
    You dont know that people obviously talk to devs all the time and get info from them
    You dont know the difference between spell reuse and recovery
    You dont know how the spell normilization works
    You dont know the difference between fix and nerf
    And you still dont relize that the robe is broken as all helland can replace both a chanter and bard combine in mana regen to a group
    /sigh so many thing you still dont seem to know or every want to accept as fact.
    sorry you takeing this so personal as all this is a vendetta against you.... /tear your breaking my heart
  4. ARCHIVED-cyric22 Guest

Xil wrote:
  5. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Bigron@Unrest wrote:
    Rofl all to win an argument.
    You lied about the robe from the begining to make yourself sound better and to explain away my ability to parse as an exploit of a broken robe remember? OMG YOU HAXED THE PARSE WITH EXPLOITED ITEMS... that do 350 DPS tops... wait no it needs to do 3k DPS there we go now he really HAXED it. lol
    You know as well as anyone the robe only adds 350 to 400 DPS per target no matter what the circumstances but because that does not support the "zomg you can't parse with the broken robe theory" you have to completely exagerate the effect of the robe and convince others of this as well since they are stupid enough to believe you based on the fact that you've been trolling these boards for a long time.
    You've produced nothing but lies and exagerations. Where's the fact? Up until I linked the damn robe you were still convinced it was a 1.8 times per minute proc. It's almost as if instead of actually looking at it yourself and parsing it yourself you just hung all the conflicting info on the wall and threw a dart and whatever it landed on your rolled with.

And Enoa,
    If 350 to 400 DPS is 14% of your DPS just delete yer characters and walk away. You've failed.
  6. ARCHIVED-cyric22 Guest

your parse in the other forum channel
    potent infusion did 1400 of your total 9800 parse. roughly 14%.
  7. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Enoa@Kithicor wrote:
    Yeah and dvide that by 3 and what do you have? It's a linked 3 mob encounter.
    1400/3 = 450 DPS per target? Sound kinda familiar? No go check the actual numbers since it wasn't 1400 was it. So less than 450 DPS per target?
    Wow, math is fun.
    And also don't forget to consider the fact that my DPS was actually well over 12k and in quite a few places well over 15k on that same fight.
    The script on that fight makes it impossible to kill the librarians until the books stop spawning so when you kill them down to 0% they sit there for a period of time and you can't do any damage to them. And there's also the fact that I had to stop doing damage to rez the fury and help heal the group while the fury recovered.
    But lets go a head and overlook all of that because it doesn't matter the robe does exactly the same amount of DPS no matter what the circumstances are.
  8. ARCHIVED-cyric22 Guest

You go ahead and divide it by whatever you want. lol
  9. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Enoa@Kithicor wrote:
    He likes division. Kinda like the holy grail to him. If he can divide by enough things he can make himself smarter by exaggerating claims.

Also the 5pc does just a tad more than 25 dps, thanks for playing though.
  10. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Sabutai wrote:
    Does it?

Most I've ever seen it add is 50 DPS... And that's with a fully caster buffed group....
  11. ARCHIVED-de lorian Guest

/sarcasm on
    if you guys actually bother to follow Xils math you'll see he is quite correct
    [IMG]
    Now i know this looks like potent did over 4k (19%) of my dps...however:
    you need to divide that by 8 as there were 8 mobs in that encounter....also....remember that potent procs twice each time.....so divide that by 2 again and you see that potent is actually only adding alittle over 250dps to me...only a little bit more than my mythical proc.
    this works out to exactly......1 and a bit % of my dps........seems perfectly reasonable to me.
    also the max hit may look like 960....but remember i had all my summoner debuffs on the mob so he was completely debuffed.....you also have to divde that by 2 because recast is the same as recovery.....so again you can see potent never hit for more than 450 ever under any circumstances........well 480 but that just semantics

/sarcasm off
  12. ARCHIVED-Cicadian Guest

Best post in the thread right there.
  13. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Charayne@Kithicor wrote:
    So fully raid buffed it's adding 500DPS to your pet total per mob. And doing between 350 and 960 per tick.
    So at that level of progression where your DPS is at its absolute or almost absolute highest and you have the absolute best mods possible in a raid setting the max it adds to a single target as far as DPS is conserned is 500?
    And no you divide it by 2 again to find the total hits. Not the DPS =P If I hit bloodcloud on 8 mobs and they die in 3 seconds my bloodcloud does 6k DPS. Does that mean it's a 6k DPS spell? sure doesn't
    Why doesn't anyone parse a single target fight? And why is every single parse from raids on AE fights with every imaginable spell mod possible...
    Does it not occur to you guys that all the spell mods and AE fights at that level completely skew the actual effect of the spell?
    They call that padding. Making something appear larger than it is...
    Why not just link a single target fight? Instead of trying to use a padded parse to prove me wrong prove me wrong with the actual single target DPS you get from the proc.
    I mean I'm completely wrong right so why not show me how completely wrong I am instead of dancing around it?
  14. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Xil wrote:
    well since in the other thread i showed about 1400 for single target...id say you are wrong yet again.

Its not 500 a mob...mobs all die at different time ..there is no encounter in game where all mobs die at same time ..unless its a script.
    Dont come into other threads and try this nonsense...because in the other thread i have single target 3 mob target and 8 mob encounter.The first parse is a single target parse .....
    And wth do you mean padding ...like how buffs effect your spells so they do more damage then they are based to ....or gear that increases it ........or debuffs to the mob?
    Damm kid do you need another class in eq2 again?
  15. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Xil wrote:
    I do between 75 and 200 with it, so guess mine is just better than yours i guess
  16. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Sabutai wrote:
    Yer not even a Necro anymore... why do you post here? And you don't even wear the 5 piece set...
    Does anyone who's been posting here even play necro anymore?
  17. ARCHIVED-cyric22 Guest

Xil wrote:
    Topic is relevant to all summoners. I'd support moving it to Items and Equipments. More people to particpate in the lolz.
    And yes ... i play a necro. But why would a necro post in these forums when you've made it impossible to have any kind of real discussion about necromancers without dominating threads with idiotic claims, constant learn2play, and insults to anyone who challenges the BS you spew.
  18. ARCHIVED-Necrodeath79 Guest

Xil the reason the devs haven't done anything is because your a non stop laugh and they like it when people do what you are doing..
    And that is prove that the vocal minority can get things so wrong that its laughable & at times and they let you keep diging yourself a hole just because its funny to them.
    My post count is low for 1 reason and 1 reason only because Im not perfect, and when you post something false people will bury you in a shallow grave in short order. But keep it up it is entertaining if nothing else.
    The robe is broken and fyre has already addressed it and it will be fixed. and like all the other shard armor it will be, "Meh" when fixed. Sucks for the people that used it as a crutch, but for the rest of us who haven't needed it to make our selves somewhat more useful, we will keep on keeping on.
    Love ya xil and keep it up you make my day, everyday.
    Pest
  19. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Enoa@Kithicor wrote:
    Because most people realise that the 4 people here total that spend all their time flaming me are just forum trolls that know how to avoid breaking the rules.
    And they also actually read through a posts and consider the context before they post things because they don't have an insane and overwhelming desire to prove other people wrong to validate their existance as somehow useful...
    But by all means flame away. No one is listening anyway right. heh
  20. ARCHIVED-cyric22 Guest

Xil wrote:
    Flaming you? You mean correcting you. What if someone who actually reads these forums is trying to learn something about how this game works and they read that POM procs on every dot tic. It would be wrong to not correct that. think of all the things you've learned this week. HOw procs work. how POM works. How to calculate what a proc rate is. What Frigid Gift is. How Proc's Dont Proc Procs. That dots dont proc POM on every tic. And last week you learned the difference between base damage and spell damage in regards to the Gold Tempered Mask.
    You've been helped considerably i would say. Yet you claim to be flamed and you wrongly accuse Bigron of doctoring a parse... and when you were proven wrong, yet again, you dont admit it or appologize. And you've told multipe people in the necro forums to Learn2Play when clearly they have more knowledge of game mechanics than you. That might count as flaming and trolling no?
    I'm not sure what context you are referring to... everyones on the same page but you.