New Robe = New Love

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Garlin1, Jan 6, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Enoa@Kithicor wrote:
  2. ARCHIVED-Necrodeath79 Guest

OK, please, oh please, stop Xil we get it we get it, you got a new video game and your parents just let ya move the computer to your room so your excited to post all your new ideas and see how high you can get your post count.
    Please post when you have something new to add to this thread about the robe, I have had just about enough of coming here only to see another "Oh poor me" post from you.
    Can we all stop posting about the robe? Its broken and its getting fixed, lets move on to hopefully getting the class touched up.
    pest
  3. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Necrodeath79 wrote:
    But if I don't give you something to flame you'd have no reason to post at all pest and I don't want you to feel left out...
  4. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Xil wrote:
    how can you 'fix a parse'? The only thing that would change how much dps this robe does is from raid debuffs. The cold dmg on the parse is listed because wizards turn their group members spell dmg into cold, it doesn't add anything to it. And as far as I know there are no items that a summoner can wear that increases the base dmg to the pet which is where the damage is coming from.
    Also advocating that the damage on this is adequate is just a farse. We actually WANT the class fixed, and when the devs look at the damage logs from summoners they will see overall numbers without digging more, so WANTING this item fixed brings the problems to the forefront more readily then them digging for the information.
    The thing about wanting gear to fix the class is also wrong whoever posted that. We don't want gear to fix the class we want our gear to effect our pets which is a mechanic issue not a gear one. Fixing it with broken items like this just cover up the real issue which is gear scaling and pet dps.
  5. ARCHIVED-de lorian Guest

Xil wrote:

Xil wrote:
  6. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Charayne@Kithicor wrote:
  7. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Sabutai wrote:
    It's pretty easy to exagerate the effectiveness of something with raid buffs and debuffs at the absolutle highest level of progression on an 8 mob encounter... in other words Fix the parse
    Nobody has ever once suggested this would be a FIX of any kind for the class. What was suggest is here I'll make it big and red for you:
    Instead making the item useless, tone the power regen down or remove it and leave the DPS "FOR THE TIME BEING", since a real fix is not coming anytime soon to the class. And the DPS added to the pet is not overpowering since the pet is only doing about half the DPS it should be anyway.
    And no Sabu, making the robe worthless does nothing to bring summoner problems to the forefront. The class dev already knows what the issues are and has for a long time. You already know they are aware of the problems. You already know that the fix for summoner isn't going to come for a LONG time. These are confirmed and well known facts.
    So arguing that the robe must be fixed in order to clearly address the problems with summoner is kinda redundant. The problems with summoner were there before the robe. Remain there with the robe. And will still be there without the robe.
    The only difference fixing the robe will make is now those newly 80 summoners (who actually got something from it) get to lose out on groups and take a 400 or so DPS cut from their pets again.
    There was no good reason to do that. Leaving the DPS the way it was hurt no one and offered no realy advantage over any other class. Taking it away for the sake of semantics is stupid.
  8. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Xil wrote:
    False again... you havent learned yet?do you want the target dummy parse with no buffs or single target raid parse or what.........everything is already in this and the other thread but you seem either blind or stupid...im not sure which it is...
    Just stop with lies and misinformation tho...the joke is over .
  9. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Xil wrote:
    Stop with this crutch of a broken item....learn your class and game mechanics or the game period and you might be able to perform with out this broken item
  10. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Xil wrote:
    So you didn't say this? So now that you've seen it has been broken and want to keep it, its ok? But before you thought it was broken people who didn't want it front and center were the exploiters?
    Gotcha!
  11. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Xil wrote:
    Clearly you don't understand how fixes are made. They introduced all of this new pet gear, aa's etc. They will gather information based how well the class does with newer gear abilities etc. So using a clearly broken however nice it is right now will not help get the class fixed.
  12. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Sabutai wrote:
    Yeah you can take everything out of context and make it say whatever you want though.
    That was in reference to you claiming that I had somehow leaked your secrect about the robe out.
    Yer still stuck on semantics and I can see clearly now you have no intention to have a logical discusion about anything.
    Like I've said a hundred times before and for the last time now. The suggestion was that fixing at item based on the tooltip instead of seeing the application of that item as the flawed or not-flawed mechanic is short sighted, and all around stupid.
  13. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Sabutai wrote:
    And they don't use some magical database of summoner performance. They use QA people and feedback to test these things. A known issue like the robe would be no obsticle of any kind. They break down everything and see where all the issues are and then test them in stages.
    Do you think they are so stupid that they wouldn't understand that the robe would skew the data a little? Or even stupid enough to not break down the summoner in different stages of progression and test them both in equipment and out of equipment?
  14. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Xil wrote:
    Since you have clearly only been in this game for a few months and have no idea how the QA works.....then yes they would be to stupid to understand.
  15. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Xil wrote:
    um, then ask aeralik. They do actually use numbers generated from their log files...Thanks for playing tho.
  16. ARCHIVED-Onkello Guest

17. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Onkello wrote:
    ooo looks like a 1600+ dps on single target and 1100+ max hit...man thats bit more then 350-400 max...no way possible /gasp!

OH wait i know onkello musta forged his parse to cause its cold damage :(
  18. ARCHIVED-Necrodeath79 Guest

There is 1 more very good reason why this item needs to be "Fixed" so it does what was intended, Why would the Very Best robe in the game for a summoner be from a vender ?
    There is not a single robe not even the new avatar robe that would be as good as this item is now, so tell me why something anyone can get for almost nothing should be better than the new robe from avatars ?
    Let me guess because we havent been fixed yet.
    So on top of the class issues. Ruin progression for another slot. We already have the neck, and we can add the BP to that list also.
    Pest
  19. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Onkello wrote:
    That's pretty impressive. 88% crits total and the lowest hit on the lower parse is almost double the listed proc amount. That's some serious gear and some serious buffing.
    And you got your pet to proc potent 26 times in 32 seconds on a single target that's pretty insane spell haste and recovery and recast....(pretty sure you can't put enough spell haste on pet even with Time Compression to make that happen) Unless of course it was in fact a linked encounter and potent was hitting more than one target...
    But thank you for the post.
  20. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Xil wrote:
    26 times in 32 seconds means he used Plane Shift, which does give the pet that much spell haste. But even so, that was still a single mob, not multiple mobs.