New Robe = New Love

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Garlin1, Jan 6, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Garlin1 Guest

This may of been talked about before and if not I just wanted to shed some light on the greater shard robe for summoners. The robe itself gives your pet a proc that does damage and regens 304 mana to the group. With the mage pet up and using the robe most groups I am in barely lose any power if any at all! What I thought was going to be a lame effect vs other classes robe has actually turned out to be a great addition. I actually got a group the other day based on being the "mana" regen for the group. Let me know what you guys think if/when you get the robe.
  2. ARCHIVED-Suraklin Guest

I don't have this robe yet but it sounds pretty nice. It might make me feel like a Power Necro from EQOA again. I loved being a power feeding necro in that game. I also miss having Harm Touching pets like the Spectre pets in EQOA. Too bad Magicians got them nerfed into oblivion by their griping.
  3. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Suraklin wrote:
    Get this robe!
    With any class that can increase proc rates or you pet's casting/combat speed this robe basically makes your pet a second stacking enchanter as far as power regen goes.
    Edit: Very nice robe. I should have done more testing before I posted about it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Suraklin Guest

what is the name of the Robe by the way?
  5. ARCHIVED-Alienor Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Feneant Guest

I hate to say it but I doubt it's working as intended. It is definitely giving the summoners some much needed loving, but it won't take long to 'fix' a robe that grants pretty much unlimited power to a group.
  7. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Feneant wrote:
    they better fix summoners before they fix the robe.
    unlike trak shild and void bane items the robe can only be worn by a class that actually needs the boost.

ps. don't get me wrong this is just a band-aid fix, no one item should balance a class the way this robe does.
  8. ARCHIVED-Germs666 Guest

"I don't have this robe yet but it sounds pretty nice. It might make me feel like a Power Necro from EQOA again. I loved being a power feeding necro in that game. I also miss having Harm Touching pets like the Spectre pets in EQOA. Too bad Magicians got them nerfed into oblivion by their griping."

Ah yes I came from EQOA and dove straight into EQ2 hoping that Sony would have nerfed necros in EQ2 like they did over there. Man was I wrong! I heard necros were good in this game around T6 but people started griping and then we got a huge damage nerf with nothing in return.
    I'm not opposed to the devs using items as a quick fix for our class. It is better than nothing. It would be nice to offer some utility to the grp other than our crappy hearts and FD/Rez. If it's cheaper for the devs to use a few items to do so. I'm fine with that.
    I just hope chanters don't start whining about it!!!
  9. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

Yeah the way it sounds is it's broken and headed for the nerfbat. I wouldn't hold out hope that it stays broken for long, soe is great about nerfing things in a matter of hours while taking months/years to balance a class.
  10. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

We can all thank Sarxil here for bringing the only shiny spot in TSO to an end. Thanks buddy!!
  11. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Sabutai wrote:
    Or maybe it's not broken? Considering how many items in the game have incorrect tooltips, it's just as likley they put 2.0 times per minute instead of 9% chance.
    But if it is indeed broken and you are advocating the benefit of keeping it under the radar... what's that say about you?
    That's like saying "screw you pal" to the people who exploited the plat dupe bug because you didn't get a chance to dupe plat.
    Pretty sad.
  12. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Xil wrote:
    actually says that a class that is horribly overlooked for fixes finally gets a bone, albeit a BROKEN one and you have to shout it out to the world that its not. There isn't a single item in the game that effects dumbfire pets but this one, they aren't supposed to. This item is also procc'in at a VERY abnormal rate, so yea it was nice to actually have something that put us where we should be but some people just don't get it and have to announce it to the devs. We could have had this for maybe a while longer than this but now will prob go into LU 51 or sooner update. Thanks again.
  13. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Sabutai wrote:
    And you are still advocating the use of a broken mechanic as a good thing... And better yet that hiding that mechanic from the devs is also a good thing.
    They call that exploitation. But I have a feeling you'll be supprised on this one.
  14. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Xil wrote:
    hmmm duping plat = exploit
    using item that's broken = not exploiting.
    Or did you forget about the broken praetors guard proc rate. I guess the thousands of mages who were using that for the time it was broken are exploiters and should have been banned. The fact that an item is broken, and people using it, is not inherently exploiting. Does it effect some permanent change to your character like duping plat? No, just a small matter of enjoyment till it gets fixed, which genius, you have accelerated greatly.
    You're nothing but a forum troll who doesn't know a lick about being a summoner and spouts off the opposite every chance you get. So again, on behalf of the summoner community we thank you!
  15. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Sabutai wrote:
    However attempting to advocate hiding a broken mechanic from the developers is explotiation. And it's highly unlikely they were not aware of it before now. It's a pretty noticable difference that doesn't require ACT to recognize.
    It acts like PoM as far as what procs it so I don't think that part is broken at any rate. It statically procs at a 10% chance so it's much more likely they labled it incorrectly. If it were actually a 2.0 times per minute proc it would be completely useless at that low damage and mana proc. And I think the class devs and the dev who worked on the summoner set would recognize right away that a tiny low hit rate proc at the expense of all other stats would be a waste of an equipment slot for a class that already requires more skill than any other to DPS well.
    And you're right I know nothing about summoner other than how to make Mythical summoners who can't adapt to changes in game mechanics look bad in every aspect of how the class performs. Other than that I know pretty much nothing.
  16. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Xil wrote:
    umm 10 pct equates 2* a min
    Im sorry but what changes in what game mechanics are you talking about?
    You have done nothing but try to belittle people as far as i can tell and preety much a troll imo....want to have a intelligent convo come over to eq2flames.
    know what i have seen your numbers and i would smoke you....your raw dps is not impressive so please stop puffing out your chest as someone that is above all......... because i know of non mythicaled that is just as good.stop with the high and might routine because im sure most if not all dont care for it.
  17. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Bigron@Unrest wrote:
    So you're saying you can do even better than I do with Necro and yet you claim I am lying about how well we can DPS?
    Who's the troll? Maybe we should look up the term Forum Troll and see which category the people who attack others repeatedly whenever someone posts something they don't care for. "This is my forum how dare you post on it"... is pretty much what you and your EQ2flames buddies keep saying.
    Here's an idea why don't you go back to eq2flames and take them with you. There you can troll and flame people all day long and no one cares.
    I don't need you or anyone else to validate what I clearly see every single time I log in. Or what anyone who's ever played with me sees. You yourself say you can "smoke me" so... why the hell would you argue in favor of Necro being worthless DPS?
    Unless of course you are just attacking me directly for no other reason that to cause drama in which case you have fallen into the forum troll category and are no longer worth responding to.
  18. ARCHIVED-Gipper Guest

I play regularly with Sarxil. He knows what he's talking about.
  19. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

And i just tested this with mage pet.
    My pet spells hit 100 times
    Proc from robe hit 152 times

So that means with 3 effects for each proc will bring it down to 50 ish actuall procs
    Now take pet with dots id say he let off 75 spell of those 100 hits
    So it looks like 66 pct pure proc chance
    This was over 1.5 mins.....so roughly 35 times a min......or 75-80 normalized pct chance to proc.
    This is just rough guesstimate but close i think.
  20. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Gipper@Mistmoore wrote:
    no he doesnt