New Robe = New Love

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Garlin1, Jan 6, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

So if this is the spell Line up and Potent says 2.0 times per minute chance to proc on all attacks what's the % for each of these spells to proc? If it's based on a 3 second (cast+recovery) spell that hits 20 times per minute should hit 1.8 times method it would look about like this?

So...
    CT = Cast Time
    R = Recovery

[(CT+R) / 3]*(2/20) right?
    Grim Embrace \\ Cast 0.89 \\ Recast 6.8 (~25.6%?)
    Grim Wave \\ Cast 1.77 \\ Recast 10.2 (~39.9%?)
    Grim Distortion \\ Cast 2.66 \\ Recast 12.7 (~51%?)
    Grim Lifetap \\ Cast 2.66 \\ Recast 7.6 (~34%?)
    Grim Bolt \\ Cast 1.77 \\ Recast 2.5 (~14.2%?)
    Grim Devastation \\ Cast 3.55 \\ Recast 38.2 (~162.8%?)
    Minion's Mark \\ Cast .89 \\ Recast 13.14 (~46.76%?)

Is that about right?
    Since 2.0 times per minute is based on how many times you can cast the spell per minute longer casting/recovery spells have a much higher chance to proc. But even then Grim Bolt the quickest cast recovery spell sits at about a 14% chance to proc.
    So it's apparently not hitting on DoT ticks but it is hitting on direct damage hits at what appears to be the correct rate after all...
    Unless the 1.8 times on a spell that casts 20 times per minute thing was completely made up. Not my math by the way someone else posted the formula in another thread.
    And de lorian
    I've been parsing that high without the robe for a while. That was the first time I actually used the robe. I picked it up for the heat and magic resists on it for Druu and Nexona in VP. Had no clue it was even on the parse until someone mentioned it. I knew it was power regen of some kind and the fury was running out of power with a chanter and a bard in the group so I said screw it let's see if this helps at all. 9k on 3 targets is actually only about half of what I can do without the teir 2 robe when I have troubador, chanter, templar in the group.
    My parse the first 3 times we attempted that particular fight was just over 19k but posting that would have started another "you used a miracle and cheated" or "you doctor'd the parse" argument. So I posted the 9k for 10 minutes one instead in the hopes that it wouldn't be hard enough to believe that some jerk-off wouldn't flame it as nonsense.
    My parse always makes people mad. But mostly it's the Assassins who were handed Mythicals and don't have the gear to back them up getting bent outa shape because they can't beat me on the parse at all let alone raidwide. It's odd in game other summoners and Mages see my parses and instantly become my best friend and ask all sorts of questions, but I post anything out here on the forums and everyone gets all bent out of shape about it. Someone is always mad about somethin.
    At any rate though the long cast time and recovery of the majority of the mage pet spells it what causes the hi proc chance. If you hit the same training dummy with a Scout pet with quick cast and recovery spells you see a much lower proc chance per ability.
    Oh and even at this "rediculous proc rate" the power regen is only at 124 points per second. So technically neither one is actually broken it's just the perfect kind of proc for a long cast/recovery spell list.
    Thanks for the fun argument though.
  2. ARCHIVED-de lorian Guest

As i said in the other post...you have replaced recovery with recast/reuse in your math
    recovery: A 0.5 sec delay between casting your next spell
    recast/reuse: The cool down timer on recasting the same spell again.
    by replacing a 0.5sec recovery time...with the long recast times of those spells....you have completely fudged the math.
    you have also included cast speed mods....which is actually to the detriment of your findings....but incorrect none the less.
    Normalised proc chance is determined on base cast times...not modded cast times.
    in the case of 1.8pm proc....a 3sec + 0.5 recovery...the proc chance is 10.5%
    that same spell with max cast speed will still net a 10.5% chance to trigger a proc but will only take 2sec (including recovery) to cast.
    Re: my issues with you posting in the mage resist rate thread and in general?
    I find it annoying when someone posts misinformation to the detriment of their own class and mine.
    you yourself have said....and i quoted you...that you think summoners should be doing more dps....yet spent how many pages stating how awesome you were and could maintain 10-15k ZW dps in Hate....followed by a learn2play slogan which i think is actually quite a fitting sig for you....but not for the reasons you think.
    You have also been quite vocal on pet stats and gear...wanting all these improvements to our DPS....yet you maintain that your class is not messed up and can pwn anyone.
    its one or the other Xil, face facts that summoners are in dire need of help and admit your putting out average numbers amongst less than mediocre players......or keep flying in the face of everything poeple here are working towards achieving for our classes
    Your parse did make me mad......most of us do well over that on that encounter but i dare you to go there with a good....i mean good warlock and come even close.....i also dare you to go into PotAO and dominate a good...i mean good, illy....
    and so through your lack of understanding about where your dmg was coming from ...you post that parse and centred staged that robe which most of us were enjoying in quiet modesty.
    As Cicadian said....the irony of this.....it was not brought to light by other classes whining...it was brought to light by actual summoners with little to no understanding of basic game mechanics
    End of the day Xil...you have alot to learn about your class, other classes and game mechanics in general.....maybe after you've played him for another 6 months some of these issues that have been around since before you created him will make more sense.
  3. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Xil wrote:
    People get bent outta shape because you post misinformation then to to pass it off as fact and roll with high and mighty attitude that their is hardly wrong with the class when thier is plenty wrong with both summoners.
    Pro tip #1: learn the difference between recast and recovery before you learn even the basic spell casting mechanics.
    Pro tip #2: learn basic game mechanics befor offering any advice to anyone
    Pro tip #3: learn to take advice and critacism from people that have been in this game and class since day one and have prob forgot more about their class/game then what you could ever learn.
    Pro tip #4: Befor you try and argu any point you may have...find out befor hand if all the information you have is correct

Also this put out 20k+ power to a group in a min so that equals to about 330 power every second.And since in eq most every effect is measured in tics witch is generally a 4 sec or 6 sec time frame .......this equalls 1300-2k power a tic....an there is nothing close or even half as good.
  4. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Charayne@Kithicor wrote:
    1) I never said anything about a zone wide parse in Hate. Simply that as a Necro I've seen 10 to 15k in Hate without a Mythical. My referance was to parsing higher in Hate than in VP which I do for some reason. I was parsing 7k in Hate the day I got my Choker in little to no raid gear.
    2) Chanters no matter how good aren't going to beat an equally skilled and geared summoner, as you should well know
    3) I believe that it is others like you that have been misinforming others about Necro for a long time
    5) My Damage on that 9k parse was the result of me doing 15 to 20k repeatedly with drops to zero for Rezzing the Fury and waiting on those 3 mobs to reactivate, or killing more books. You guys really don't understand that fight well enough to pass any kind of judgement on it. Considering you do "well over that" on that encounter I find it difficult to believe you can over look the basic script. And no one without a Mythical "AND" gear to back it up does better.
    Clearly the 500DPS from the robe was the real Parse and my DPS is laughable though... clearly...
    Our Top end on Necro DPS is fine. Conjy don't seem to stack up as high... Even without the robe and without a Mythical I put up Assassin numbers regularly. And I don't care if you believe me about it or not. All the people I play with daily do because they watch the parse scroll by and see me with a huge number on the top of it. And I'm not in 30k DPS raids doing this, I'm in 70 to 80k DPS raids doing this. So save your mediocre comments. Gear does not make better players. I know more than enough players in teir 4 gear mythicald and fully mastered that are a complete and utter waste of a slot on any raid or in any group just because they rode coat tails to get there.
    Read what I type and comment on it instead or reading what people are flaming about it and jumping to conclusions.

And just FYI the robe was already a known issue well before this was posted. The fact that you and others are mad because it's out in the open now is laughable. "Oh no our broken item that gives our group Lich (because that's all the more power regen you get from it) and adds 500DPS to our pets with worthless DPS already..." Give me a break. I didn't blow this out of proportion the jerk-offs that wanted to prove I was cheating somehow by parseing my "AVERAGE" numbers as you put it, (why would they think I was fixing the parse if those numbers are average again?).
    And my high and mighty attitude, is an assumption based on the emotional tone infered by you in text from posts where I'm already responding to flaming that started months ago for even more rediculous reasons. Jumping on the band wagon at this point is redundant.

But the responding to the flaming and flame baiting is over. I'm done arguing for the sack of others boredom.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Bigron@Unrest wrote:
    You can see the power regen if you click on the clearly labled Power Replenish (Inc) tab. Over 25 minutes of constant procing on 3 mobs the Power Inc I recieved was 109.01 per second.
    The tank only got 63.58
    The Druid's Nature's Restoration actually came in higher than Potent Essence Infusion at 105 per second verses the 82 per second from potent
    The dirge got a whoping 31 power per second from it
    The Enchanter a whopping 38 power per second from it

Clearly that's overpowered.
    And you have to be pro before you can offer pro tips... a Pro would know where the Power Inc tab is in ACT =P
  6. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Xil wrote:
    Wow man you want to click and look in power replenish out to see wha your giveing to the group or anyone for that matter.Power in is generally what you recieve........./sigh
    Ok a couple more act pics so you/everyone else can visualize and see 500+ power a sec is what your giveing/regening to grp same as any power regen in game chanter/bard ect...ect.
    First power parse is from 3 mob encounter in tombs
    Second is single mob encounter in palace
    Very evident what i regen to grp via the robe.

[IMG][IMG]
  7. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

So a little over 500 split 6 ways?
    500/6 = 83.3~
    So the power regen added is about in line with Enchanters. And not in fact excessive or rediculous?
  8. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Xil wrote:
    And you still dont get the simple things that that is per second .
    Ill will make it simple take that 83.3 or 500 for group and times that by 6.....that equals 500 for each person and 3k for the group per tick which most all effects are timed by.....
    lets see 500 -3k per tick is alot more then 80-100 to 5-600 {depending on group size of corse in both cases } per tick that a chanter can provide not 100 pct sure on the numbers but fact still remains that broken robe generates atleast more then 2-3x the amount of a mythicaled chanter and bard combined.
  9. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Bigron@Unrest wrote:
    No that's not 500 per person.
    If you look at the Power Inc for each person in your group you will see what I am talking about.

What you are showing is your total power out. It is split 6 ways, once for each group member. So each person gets about 83 power per second tick "IF" your pet is fully engaged and fighting all the time.
  10. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

simple again a chanter regens 80 per tick robe does 500 per tick ...tick is 6 secs in game time
  11. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Xil wrote:
    You can't possibly be this slow?
    Here.
    I did Crucible today with a PUG, took a while cause we had some slow pokes picking up updates etc.
    potent did 1572 hits in 8:27 of fighting. Now that's the total out from me. YOU CANNOT SPLIT IT, since the proc whenever it goes off, hits everybody in the group.
    So, 1572 hits of 304 power = 477,888 power regen'd in 8:27 = 942.58 power per second. Wow bit higher than 80 huh.
    Also learn to read ACT, you can't see how much somebody is being regen'd from it just by looking at the ext dps on the power chart, you have to calculate by ticks inc cause you aren't regen'ing any power if you're already at full.
    Still don't believe me, sprint and go OOM, tell me how long it takes you go from zero power to full while fighting, 20 secs maybe? When you can visibly see your power go up is quite a bit more than lich, seeing as how lich is only what 2% hard capped every 6 secs? which is roughly 33 power per sec with a 10k power pool.
  12. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Sabutai wrote:
    Or you can open ACT look at Power Regen Inc and it will tell you the real number of hits since the AE's only proc once but on mutiple mobs and the Proc itself is 2 hits.
    Just open ACT and look at the Power Inc of you (which is doubled if yer pet is out remember) and then the Power Inc of everyone else in the group. That will tell you exactly how much Potent is regening and exactly how many times it really proc'd.
  13. ARCHIVED-Cicadian Guest

Just want to say a big thanks to Xil and others for their utter idiocy, which has resulted in the robe being fixed in the next hotfix!
    Thanks guys!
  14. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Cicadian wrote:
    The next hotfix has come and gone. =P
  15. ARCHIVED-Cicadian Guest

I'm beginning to think you are some sort of elaborate troll account. No one can possibly be this stupid.

Hellfire = bigron btw. While it was broken and needed a fix, I don't think this would have happened anywhere near as fast if it had not been for utter, utter stupidity on your part (and others, to be fair).
  16. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

Cicadian wrote:
    Why would you make this up? The proc rate isn't anywhere near 100% so why would they say it was? And why is possibley spelled wrong?
    hmmmm strange....
  17. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Xil wrote:
    lmao would you like the PM emailed to you?
  18. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

hellfire wrote:
    You know quoting PMs and posting them is against the forum rules, as is offering to share PM's with others right? Along with fabricating PMs from Devs?
    The Proc rate was never 100%, it's high but no where near 100%. So why would Fyre say "oops my bad I set it to 100%"? And you spelled Possibely as Possably. And also who in the history of Devs anywhere would tell someone in a PM that a change will be made in the next Hotfix? That's a serious no no... even if it were true.
    Let's not even get into the terrible grammar and the fact that Fyre supposedly typed "Not supposed to proc on swarm pets. Is it doing so?". Why would Fyre ask that question? It's obvious the original message was supposed to have stated that. So why ask "Is it doing so" again?

And why is Fyre's signature different? If it was even just copy/pasted the Signature would still contain the proper formating...
    Your quoted PM looks more like a PM you made yourself.
  19. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Xil wrote:
    Hahahaha you fail so much...just pm fyreflyte and ask him your self .....cause yeah i obviously made this up .People have forever talked with Devs and gotten info.....try it...you might get a answer to a question or to or when fixes would be comeing for a issue or 2......this are all known facts ...its a shame you havent a clue it seems.

And you still fail at math because the proc rate is damm near close to 100 pct as shown on the parse reports and useing simple math.
  20. ARCHIVED-Xil Guest

hellfire wrote:
    So you are saying "YOU" told Fyre that the proc rate was at 100% and that has resulted in a nerf to the robe now that "YOU" lied to a Dev about the proc rate on an item you yourself use?
    And you would blaim me for your need to tell a Dev that this robe is procing at 100% when in fact it only procs at about 10% when used on any pet but the Mage and tops out at about 24% when using the Mage pet?
    And if you open up ACT once in a while (I know as a conjy it's disheartening but skip past your DPS and go to the power part quick like a bandaid) you would be able to open up the Power Inc and see that ACT does the math for you. Power Inc hits = total Potent procs. AE procs still only cause the power mechanic to proc once. FYI
    So basically you are telling me and everyone else here that the one who failed here is you. First, for not understanding how to use ACT, and then the epic fail.... lying to a Dev about an Item you yourself use and screwing over yourself and everyone else who uses the item because of it.
    That about sum up what you are telling us?