new expac needs to be geared toward ONLY level 80 group players

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Ravaan, Jun 26, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Persis4 wrote:
    Actually i have over 3k quests completed and i regularly go back and redo older content. Look its obvious you have no clue what yoru talkign about ( it was my mistake to cross out feerot from your list of all content from 20-70) lavastorm/everfrost is not a 35-45 zone sorry. Here i will link the quests from eq2i.com to show you. Hope that clears it up for you. As you can see they range from 44-49 NOT 35-45. Again if you can not understand that this zone is designed for higher level content then the level range i am saying you are clearly dellusional.
    Heroic Quest Series

Levels 10-25:

Levels 25-32:

Levels 32-42:

Levels 42-50:

Levels 50-60:

Levels 60-70:

Levels 70-80:

2. ARCHIVED-Soluss2 Guest

Mostly outdated info for one. For two you didnt speak of heroic only content. You're skipping tons of solo content in there. Wheres butcherblock? That stems quite a bit from 20 on. You've pretty much only included dungeons and instances in there...wheres the zones? You want to link content then link it all not just some of it. Im done here as another poster pointed out, it is pointless to argue with you. So I dont get another "warning" about my posting I will just say that I am not the delusional one here.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

You also forgot the Armor Quests (Although no one does them anymore accept for greyed out appearance slots)
  4. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

Gungo@Crushbone wrote:
    I'm now totally confused, as I thought the issue you initially raised was about soloing in the 35-45 range. Now you're talking about heroic content, instead? Did I completely miss the subject change or something?
    If you're only talking heroic content now, you missed out on at least a few heroic quests in EL.
    Quests INSIDE the MD Courts are for higher levels (maybe, it's been a long time since I did them), but the quests to gain ENTRANCE to those courts can be started at 45, not 50, & aren't heroic.
  5. ARCHIVED-DragonMaster2385 Guest

Outdated? Of course they articles are out dated, that is one of the major gripe; SOE needs to go back and modify those quests. That information is still good because they haven't changed.
  6. ARCHIVED-shaunfletcher Guest

Flaye@Mistmoore wrote:
    I think he is pointing out that lavastorm, for example, is a heroic zone for over 40s, and has almost no solo content useful below 50 (except for the 'I solo yellow 3up' fantasists)
  7. ARCHIVED-DragonMaster2385 Guest

wow, I think this thread got a little off topic with all of the arguing about who is right about old world heroic content. This thread should really die since we know that the entire expansion will be geared only for level 80 players. A whole expansion with RE2 type zones? Yeah right.
  8. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Soluss2 wrote:
    Yes it is pointless to argue with someone when they provide facts and you only provide obviously subjective opinions.
    I always found eq2i/wiki to be quite up to date on quests. What i linked was the only level based timeline they had though. although they do have one for solo. What i linked was a copy/paste of thier heroic timeline page for lavastorm. What timelines show is the INITIAL quest of a series. As in the first starting quest.
    But if you just want to check the easy way open up your quest journal and see what level the quests are in the completed page.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Diknak@Butcherblock wrote:
    um actually this expansion is a whole expansion of re2 type zones. It is basically scattered obelisks for 80+ players.

Actually all i asked for before some people decided to go off on a tangent was a revamp of the bloodlines zones and items within the 35-45 range.
    I also asked for the new expansion to be a 80+ based content and for additional 55-65 content. Which could be accomplished by scaling some of the new 80+ obelisk type zones they are adding ala LDON style. This is due to low content and weak itemization at those levels. Eitherway SoE is addressing the obvious issue i have stated by upgrading itemization from 30-70.
    "Worldwide equipment, ranging from level 1-59 (including heritage quest rewards), have been increased to create a better progression from Timorous Deep to level 80 Rise of Kunark zones. This increase includes accessories, armor, and weapons, as well as many tradeskill items. Shields and items with special effects have not yet been changed, but will be included in a future update." <--- from test.
  10. ARCHIVED-Soluss2 Guest

Gungo@Crushbone wrote:
    I dont need to provide facts. Wiki in itself is not fact it is user submitted data. What I do provide is experience in leveling atleast 8 toons through these level ranges....something you have NEVER done. Just because a "listed level" on a wiki page says 46 does not mean you cant do it at say 40. There are plenty of yellow, orange, and in some cases even red quests that can regularly be done solo. You can do these in crap gear with only a few spell upgrades. Ive done these on numerous classes. Again you have no experience first hand leveling in any area except one toon which went through those areas far before EOF came out. Most likely before KOS came out and probably been through there before DoF came out. What experience do you have besides some wiki text and word of mouth? People cry all the time... that doesnt make them correct.
  11. ARCHIVED-Twitty98 Guest

Mezzmyrelda@Unrest wrote:

I have been playing this game since nov 14 the year it came out.... I still dont have a maxed out toon... because I dont like rushing to the end to get bored. I like to play the game for the fun of it and enjoy as much of it as possible. (that and i'm an alt-aholic and have too many toons :) but im happy with every one of them)
  12. ARCHIVED-Ravaan Guest

Bludtype@Befallen wrote:
    ITS BEEN 4 YEARS ... getting a level 80 character in 4 years is NOT RUSHING. good lord do you people dream up this drivel so you can sleep better at night? I have 3 level 80 characters and I HAVE never EVER felt liked i have rushed.
  13. ARCHIVED-WeatherMan Guest

Ravaan wrote:
    Okay...it's been 4 years. So what? I haven't rushed, and I would hardly characterize it as 'drivel'. I sleep quite well, thank you - no need to work yourself into an apoplectic fit over the reasoning of others. Sheesh.

In that four years, I've done many things with my free time. I've done things with my son. I've spent time with my wife (well, okay, maybe that isn't free per se). I read - a lot. I watch DVDs. I listen to music. I do errands that are not in the 'must do' category, but are still nice to have finished. I spend time with friends. Sometimes I am so bored I can't bring myself to do anything at all. And...I play computer games.

I don't have a level 80 character. I will, when I get there. But I'm not going to sacrifice other aspects of my lifestyle just to get there. What would be the point?
  14. ARCHIVED-dreken Guest

15. ARCHIVED-Sarah Guest

I'm level 80 and I completely disagree. Another happy horsepoo thread.
  16. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

Sarah wrote:
    1.) There is a buttload of lower end stuff to do....so much so that you could run 3 characters 1-80 and not see the same stuff twice.
    2.) The expansions that do not raise level cap should ONLY be for the capped people since they have been at cap with minimal things to do for a year.
    The people that do alt after alt after alt make their own bed by burning themselves out on the same stuff. If they concentrated on 1 character then they wouldn't need new content because the exsisting content would be new to them as they leveled to the cap.
  17. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

Kizee wrote:
    Not everyone likes to play the game the exact same way as you?
  18. ARCHIVED-Articulas Guest

wow. just wow. no i think we should make a game tailored to level 60-70. 80 was so yesterday.
  19. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

Sulan@Lucan DLere wrote:
    It is bad if a company keeps making low end content when the majortity of people like to get to max level.
    If the people choose to keep rolling alts then all the power to them. The just can't keep expecting to have content made for them since most people like to see the whole game and not just a small piece of it.
  20. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

Kizee wrote:
    That's just it. They pay to play, so they can expect to have content made for them. Just like those who like to hit cap and raid pay and should also expect to have content made for them. I currently have one capped character and can't really stay focused on an alt for too long. But, I do have alot of friends who are altaholics, so I spend alot of time mentoring, so I end up seeing alot of the same content over and over again. There isn't all that much of it really. Compared to a game like EQ1 where I came from before here, it's extremely lacking, even compared to the EQ1 of 1999-2000 era.
    I think you underestimate the number of people who play the alt game. The alt game contributes significantly to player retention, which is something SOE wants. Look at the expansions. Which expansion is generally considered by most people to be the best and most successful? Echoes of Faydwer. Which expansion added new starting cities plus content for all levels? Echoes of Faydwer.
    Personally, I like doing dungeon runs, so this new x-pac looks like a dream come true for me.