new expac needs to be geared toward ONLY level 80 group players

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Ravaan, Jun 26, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

Deval@Crushbone wrote:
    Why would it be putting nails in the coffin? You can't say that there isn't enough content for lower people to do....hell, you could probally run 2-3 toons thru the content and not see the same things.
    SoE needs to add in alot more upper content because there is limited stuff capped people can do.
  2. ARCHIVED-Goemoe Guest

Soluss2 wrote:
    Please read the stuff you are quoting. Claymore is heroic because you need the instances I talked about. I don't care for players boasting to be able to solo this and that, I talk about quest meant to be soloed at a given level. Kylong is even hard for even conned chars and it does not start on lvl 65 but 68. All other Quests you mentioned get you from 60 to 64. The guy telling to do only solo quests from 60 to 70 is lying. There are not enough.
  3. ARCHIVED-Soluss2 Guest

Goemoe wrote:
    You need to learn to play then. IF you took out the claymore quests my statement still stands. No not all of claymore is soloable but up to the disk of byzle(sp?), which is in SOS. It is solable by any class that has a clue. Entrence to SOS and the front foyer area is all soloable. Ive done it on 4 toons in crap gear that was looted or quested for. I dont spend money on twinking my toons except for adept 3 spells untill I hit the 70's. I dont even spend money on adept 3 spells until 50+. Most of the time I just harvest the rares myself and find someone to make them. So dont say it cant be done. I have done it. You can solo it until you have to start crawlind SOS. This still results in some nice xp.
    The rest of the zones I listed give plenty of xp between the quests and the explore expo. Loping plains has a ton of quests. KoS has a ton of explore xp and quite a few quests between baren sky and bonemire. I have leveld 4 toons through there with no problems.
    Yes at 65 you can EASILY do KP quests. If you cannot then you just suck at playing period. Do the mobs hit harder? Yes. So its not carebare to kill something anymore, big deal. My brigand was in [I cannot control my vocabulary] gear when I brough him there at 65 and I went all the way to 80 with him solo. I plan to do the same with my wizard next week. If you cant solo these solo mobs then you just suck. Sure you may die here and there. To play the game without expecting to die is stupid. If you cant do this content then you are either not trying or you dont upgrade your spells to adept iii or your still sitting in your gear from gorowyn.

p.s. you can still take out the instances to level, it just makes it even easier. For one not to do these instances is just stupid though. It has good xp and good gear. For the most part can be done with less then a full group. Hell my wizard can solo most of the nest. If you are too antisocial to group up once in a blue moon to do an instance then thats your problem. This is an MMO grouping is part of play in an MMO. This is not oblivion with a chat box. I find it completely funny that you took 1 thing (KOS instances) out of what I wrote and ignore the other ways I said you can level.

Oh yeah forgot to mention...you are talking level 60 to 70 here. In reality, because you can start KP at 65 (unless you are a whiner like I pointed out above) you are really only talking about 60 to 65. If you cant get 5 levels withough doing instances or running claymore, then you have no clue on what you are doing. The rest of the stuff I listed is plenty to get you a mere 5 levels. If you are too lazy to do even that then turn in some collections.
  4. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

Gungo@Crushbone wrote:
  5. ARCHIVED-Ravaan Guest

i guess that depends on what you mean by content gungo, if you mean solo content then maybe my only advice is get a damn group then you can do pretty much any of those zones you crossed off.
    and don't tell me groups can't be found because i get groups all the time or i form them all it takes is a bit of initiative and you can do those zones. heck most of the heroics there can be duo'd/trio'd. just get a healer tank and DPS and run off and gets some xp.
    this is not a solo game from 1-70 go back to WoW if thats what you want.
  6. ARCHIVED-DragonMaster2385 Guest

Wow, I'm surprised a moderator hasn't stepped in yet; there is so much name calling and finger pointing it's crazy.

While I don't think it will be a nail in the coffin of EQ2 for TSO to be only geared for level 80s, I think it would be a bad move. SOE has surely made some surprising decisions, but they aren't stupid guys; they aren't going to make an expansion for ONLY players at level 80. The chances are more likely that they will do 70-80 to appease more people and make Tier 8 more well rounded.
  7. ARCHIVED-Echgar Guest

Diknak@Butcherblock wrote:
    Even with the forum changes made recently, there are still roughly 80 forums here (not counting the international forums) -- we are not omniscient.

The best thing to do rather than posting about the need for moderation is to use the "Report this post to a moderator" link on posts you feel are violating the forum rules and we will look into it.

Some of the posts here are indeed getting a bit out of hand. As a reminder for everyone, you are welcome to disagree with other posters, but please keep your comments on-topic, constructive, and courteous.

It is far better to discuss the issues and not the posters. If you feel the need to start discussing other posters' reading comprehension and similar, you probably need to consider taking another tact (or just putting the thread aside for a bit). Personal attacks, insults, and namecalling are not permitted here.
  8. ARCHIVED-Sinafe Guest

I personally would love to see some more content (solo, group, raid, whatever) for all levels above 25. I like having different options. For people who are getting bored after an expansion. There are so many things to do in EQ2. Helping your guildies, grouping with other people, testing out the different group combinations that can get you through a zone. Questing, exploring, getting the different feels from the game by playing different classes, alignments, and races. Participating in live events. Decorating your house. Tradeskills. That silly little gambling goblin. If you have a guild, work on getting that status up. It looks like we are going to need it for guild halls. Teaching lower level players to play and learn their class. Chase halflings around to make stew with... you get the point. Sit back, relax, take your time, enjoy the game and you might not get bored so fast after an expansion.
  9. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

-Arctura- wrote:
    Actually that isn't true. The expansions dealing with Discord dipped all the way to the early 40s in the starting zones tiering up to what was max level at the time, which I think was still 70 then. LDoN, of course, dipped all the way down to the late teens/early twenties to be eligible to go into the adventures. Legacy of Ykesha dipped down to the mid 30s IIRC at the entry zones. Most EQ1 expansions have a trend in terms of levels that covers a decently large chunk of the mid-to-end part of the game. I can't think of a single one which had such a narrow level limitation as some of the EQ2 ones have had.
  10. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

Gwyneth@Najena wrote:
    Omens of War had nothing below 60th level, at least in terms of adventuring zones. I don't remember what the level cap was at the time -- I think it was 70 -- but OoW itself was a purely high level expansion. I don't remember anything about Gates of Discord that was for less than near-maxxed characters, either.
    I'm in the very distinct minority here, but my favorite EQ2 expansion (not necessarily the BEST, but my FAVE) has been Desert of Flames. I think the best, overall, has been Echoes of Faydwer.
    Rise of Kunark? Well, I've gotten over the severe disappointment, made my peace with it, & that's about all I can say. I'd like the next expac to be more like Kingdom of Sky, only concentrating a lot more heavily on single-group instances & dungeons, a good sprinkling of raids, & no more than barely adequate amounts of solo content, if even that. Regardless, I think it should be mostly, or even wholly, for levels 71-80.
    Having said that, I don't think it would be a bad idea if the next expansion also did a lot of revamping of older zones. Not necessarily NEW lower-level content, but a significant revamping of what is there. For example, the argument has often been that Everfrost & Lavastorm are what they are because they used to be "end-game content." However, they no longer are end-game content; they're now "mid-game" at best, & should be revamped to more accurately reflect that.
  11. ARCHIVED-backtostart Guest

You are all missing the point. What is wrong with EQ2 now? where is it failing?
    I honestly think that RoK was the cheapest (in terms of quality) expansion SOE has made yet. I dont think it was a bad expansion but it is the worst one put out so far.
    That being said the answers to my questions. What is wrong with EQ2? Several things are wrong. First in an atempt to get more customers i believe SOE has made leveling in EQ2 too easy. Origianly it was to take months to even gain access to other parts of the game. As most everyone has stated it takes hours not days to go from 0 to 30 now and with no experiance debt like in EQ1 you always gain experiance. As far as i know most people in EQ1 didnt mind the experiance loss they despised the 5 hour corpse recovery.
    Next problem i see is the old content. Who cares about it anymore? when you can do a lvl 8 quest in TD and get an item that will last you for 20 levels why even go to the old world filled with heroic mobs that no one needs to or does fight any more. SOE is so focused on end game expansions that all the great content has been forgotten about and left behind. There is no need to have 4 heroic dragonflys in the feerrott, heroic giants and gnolls in thundering stepps? why? Get rid of the heroic content in the older outdoor zones and make the experiance gain less. Make the old dungeons more for groups and update the loot tables to make it worth while. Most the HQ's are not even worth doing now except for the experiance and status. I mean who does the lightstone quest? Level 15 quest that you cant solo at 35 because you need a group to kill a lvl 20 heroic in an epic zone. And the item is substandard for the difficulty. Most HQ's are now. The best one is evil eye bag and that is sad if you think about it.
    So what needs to be done? The answer isnt 8 more epic raid zones so 3% of the game being the power gamer raid guilds can race to be the first to get another over powered weapon or armor. The experiance has to be slowed down but in a way that lets players appreciate the content of the game while not frustrateing them too. And secondly update the old content, make an expansion out of that. Make the old content viable again. Make it so makeing level 12 armor means something and is just not a means to an end to get to level 80 crafting. Do that and it wont matter what the next expansion is because the game will be balanced and just not a game for level 80 players that cant do pvp so they do raids in pve.
    The OP was right in one regard there isnt enough content for level 80 power gamer, but it is because it is too easy to get to level 80 not really because there are not enogh mobs to kill. After all there never is enough gods to slay for a power gamer.
  12. ARCHIVED-DragonMaster2385 Guest

Your post contradicts itself. First, you say don't bother altering the old world content. Then, you say slow the xp gain down. If they slowed the xp gain down, that would require more use of the old world zones, making it more important to revamp them. You're right, TD drops are way better than the old world stuff . . . nerf it. I normally don't call for nerfs, but they need to either nerf that content or boost T1-T6 for the rest of the game. Also, this is an alt game, so people don't want to be FORCED to create players to level in TD because of itemization; they want variety when leveling. Ignoring the old starting areas reduces replayability.

Your mentality of letting old world stuff rot is very shortsighted and that way of thinking will not increase the lifespan of this game.
  13. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Flaye@Mistmoore wrote:
    Bzzt, wrong.

In Gates of Discord, the very first zone that you arrive in, Natimbi, was a 40s and 50s adventuring zone. Qinimi and Barindu were also places that less than max-level people would be found adventuring when Gates of Discord debuted, after they had fixed the initial launch issues.

In Omens of War, Dranik's Scar, the very first zone that you arrive in when ported over by the Priest of Discord, went from the low to mid 40s to the 50s. Dranik's Hollows, the instances off said zone, went from the mid 40s to the new level cap of 70. Harbinger's Spire, the Bloodfields and Noble's Causeway also were zones intended for the lower 50s to the mid 60s.
  14. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Ravaan wrote:
    Never played wow and since you are the one to reference it i am sure you did and should probably go back yourself. I actually prefer group content in fact, Group content was the exact content i mentioned but you failed to read that. Which plainly means your opinion is worthless. The most absurd comment you made about soloing is funny since you can absolutely solo from 1-80 in this game. It must suck to be illiterate but hey 10% of americans are so at least your not alone.

The funniest thing about the many biased replys here is that i don't play alts. I play heavily on a single maxed hardcore raiding toon since this game was released. I wouldn't use much of the content i said was thin. But that still doesnt change the fact there is less content and less current itemization in the areas i mentioned. Much of the level ranges i mentioned havent had much added to it or revamped much since the game went live.
  15. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

Gwyneth@Najena wrote:
    I'm not going to argue the point. I'm merely going to say that you're remembering things about those two expacs that I'm not remembering at all. I used to solo my 60 Mage in Dranik's Scar, for example, where all the mobs were light blue or higher, & never once saw anyone in the low-to-mid-40s there.
    But it's irrelevant now, anyway, because EQ2 is a different game, & SOE will develop it the way they want to.
  16. ARCHIVED-Soluss2 Guest

Gungo@Crushbone wrote:
    If you dont play alts then how do you know where ,if at all, content is thin. How do you know there is less content and less itemization in other areas you brought up? Those areas were all pointed out in how much content actually exists there. You could not have possibly experienced it all if you have been playing since launch and do not play alts.
    You choose to ignore everything that has been said about the content that does exist from everyone that uses it. The fact that you have no first hand experience in the content that does exist makes all your arguements null and void imo. You really have no leg to stand on when you talk about content that exist between levels 35 and 70 if you have no experience seeing any of it when its not grey.
  17. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Flaye@Mistmoore wrote:
    I used to solo my low 50s druid there, and I grouped there on my 40s cleric. I also used to solo my then mid 40s druid in Natimbi when Gates of Discord was still the newest expansion.

Plus all those levels can be verified on Alla's.
  18. ARCHIVED-Eye4ni Guest

Soluss2 wrote:
    Maybe he Mentored?
  19. ARCHIVED-Soluss2 Guest

Eye4ni wrote:
    You cannot tell if there are enough quests to level you though that tier while mentored. If you are end game raid geared lvl 80 then the equipment is going to look like junk to you. I have played alts through all those zones listed. There is plenty of content to level you through those tiers. I mean come on he called feerot and everfrost and lavastorm a 50 to 55 zone.....
  20. ARCHIVED-Persis4 Guest

Soluss2 wrote:
    Soluss just stop. Trying to explain something to gungo is extremely challenging. He called ferrot, everforst, and lavastorm lvl 50-55 zones...even though ppl start going their in their mid 30s.... enough said. You're just going to end up frustrating yourself and wasting your time.