new expac needs to be geared toward ONLY level 80 group players

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Ravaan, Jun 26, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Persis4 wrote:
    It must be hard to see with those blinders on.
    Do yourself a favor and list all that 35-45 content.
    How many group zones do you see in those 10 levels. EOF added part of 1 global zone and 0 instances for that level range. Which was a complaint since EoF came out for that level range.
    The original expansion had 3 instances 2 outdoor zones which is largely outdated in regards to itemization. In actuallity there is more 80 content then there is 35-45 content.
    55-65 is directly DoF content, which consists of alot of 4 outdoor zones with alot of open space and 5? crappy instances.
    it also has 1 outdoor zone from KoS 0 instances (maybe the top floor of sanctum)
    EoF added part of 1 outdoor zone
    The problem lies in the fact all of the 35-45 content and 55-65 content is so outdated in regards to quality and itemization that it doesnt fit in this game much anymore. Many instances consists of crap like cazel's mesa where you clear an entire zone of trash for a chance aat a named that never dropped anything useful. These instances took like 10 minutes to complete.
    While there is over 12 lvl 70-75 instances and like 6 outdoor zones and
    There are 7 lvl 75-80 instances, and veksar coming in lu 48, (and kurns tower wtf knows if and when)
    and 6 outdoor dugeons/zones
    I am not saying there is enough 80 content but there is a clear and obvious lack of content for the ranges i specified. Both in regards to quantity(35-45) and quality(55-65).
  2. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Soluss2 wrote:
    You're forgetting though that until they opened the zones up to access by level, PoP gave 4 adventure zones and the Plane of Knowledge without following raid progression. When it first debuted, Nightmare, Disease, Innovation and Justice were the only places you could go unless you were a raider, and it was some time before they opened the second tier up to level 55s, BoT up to 62, etc.
  3. ARCHIVED-Persis4 Guest

Gungo@Crushbone wrote:
    Runnyeye, Enchanted Lands, Cazic Thule, Nek, TS, Splitpaw, Bloodlines, Nek Castle, Ferrot, Lavastorm, Everfrost, Riverale, Solusk Eye, Steamfront Mountains, Sinking Sands. This is 35-45 so you're gonna have some overlapping of tiers. And I'm probably forgetting something, so that's a lot.
    55-65 DoF, KoS...That's two whole expansions... I still don't get why you need anymore. Not to mention the EoF equivalent.
    Hope that cleared it up for you
  4. ARCHIVED-Goemoe Guest

Try to solo a char from 60 to 70. Without instances you are lost. There many players sick of Sanctum therefor stopping to play their alt at around lvl 55. We have lots of content from 35-50, I have soloed several chars up there now, but we absolutely lack quests from 60 to 70. There ist no everquest in that tier. And I am here to do quest, not to grind dungeons.
  5. ARCHIVED-Besual Guest

Goemoe wrote:
    I have soloed my last toon through this levels. Has never done any DoF instances except the 2 from in SS, has never done a KoS instance. Only EoF instance done are the Mines around level 62. Only followed the quest timelines. Sure lot of quests were green when I have done them but it's possible to go through levels 60-70 without grinding in instances.

Back to the OP:
    The content should be for level 75+. But SOE could add a feature you can use much earlier. DoF was a level 45+ expansion but the arena you could use at any level (I admit the arenas were not that successfull). KoS
    was a level 55+ expansion but the AA points you could gain at level 20.
  6. ARCHIVED--Arctura- Guest

Cynzielle wrote:
    (( EQ1 had a few expansion packs dedicated exclusively to Endgame people, the Omens of war type stuff, etc... (not saying thats great.. just saying ;) (thats when i left EQ1.. not enough stuff for everyone in the new expansions ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Persis4 wrote:
    EVERYTHING CROSSED OUT IS LEVEL 50-55 mobs and 2 zones of 20-30 mobs. You have no idea what your talking about. I hope that clears it up for you. Most of the zones you listed were the lvl 50+ zones from the end games initial release which was guess what lvl 50+. I said 35-45, NOT 20-70.

KOS WAS a LVL 70 expansion, DOF was a 60 expansion. DoF was completely inadequate and small it clearly lacks the content the other tiers of progression had. DoF focused on a game revamp, new city and arena and was the only expansion to address the level range. I listed the # of zones already. You just made stuff up to fill in where u needed. The zones you listed ARE NOT the level range you are talking about.

Stop lying to prove a point. You obviously have no clue.
  8. ARCHIVED-Persis4 Guest

Gungo@Crushbone wrote:
    Hmm...maybe somethings wrong with your screen or you just cant comprehend numbers. Go to all these zones you crossed out and see what lvl the mobs are. just because a mob is lvl 47 doesn't mean you can't kill it at 45..or maybe you can't because you suck. I was in all of these zones at lvl 45 and before. The rest of the zones you crossed out havestuff for players in their mid 30s. And yes i know what came with the intial release b/c i played this game before the first expansion came out. And you know whats funny? i went to all these zones right before i posted this and they do fall in the lvl range. So maybe you need to look again. You think people didn't go to Lavastorm, Ferrot and all these other zones until they were 50? And um, people went to TT before they were 70...again what game are you playing. You see KOS came out when people were at 60. So they had to lvl to 70 and guess where they went? KOS......****, you're an idiot.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Persis4 wrote:
    Just because there are some solo mobs at the begining of the entrance to a zoen you can kill does not make it 35-45 content. I can garauntee i am a better player then you. That is not even a debate. The point is there is a lack of content for that level range.

Once again i didn't say lvl 47, i didn't say 50, i didn't say 70. I didn't say 20 or 30. I said 35-45 content. Zones specifically designed for that level range. Zones that drop loot for that level range. Zones that have instances for that level range. Do you comprehend? I guess not which is why you the only obvious idiot here.

This is not even that hard to comprehend. Even SoE acknowledges the intended level ranges of most of those zones as 50+.
  10. ARCHIVED-EQ2Luv Guest

Gungo@Crushbone wrote:
    You guys are both a little off, but I have to agree that there is plenty of content for 35-45. First lets add obelisk of lost souls, zek, and deathfist citadel to the list. I'm going to uncross the following from gungo's list:
    Feerrot: There are a ton of level 37-40 quests in the first half of this zone, and monsters both heroic and solo ranging from 38-45 at least. I dont like the quests, but theyre definitely largely 35-45 level reqs.
    Rivervale: The whole zone is killable by a groups level 45 and under. At 38 you can easily kill the rats and the mobs on the farm. At 45 you can complete the hook or by crook heritage quest. Oh i guess we could add the bixie fortress to the list of zones too. EQ2i even lists the level range of this zone as 35-44.
    Cazic thule: Some of this zone is a bit tough for level 45 and under, but it's doable and yields prety nice grind xp around level 40-45. There are quests to kill just about every mob in the zone of levels 40-45 as well.
    Some of the others are a grey area in my opinion, but those aside we have:
    Runnyeye, Enchanted Lands, Cazic Thule, Bloodlines, Feerrot, Riverale, Steamfront Mountains, Obelisk of Lost Souls, Zek, Deathfist Citadel, The Tower of the Draftling
    That's a lot of content for 35-45. I did find I had trouble leveling from 55-60 but that's because I despise the DoF expansion and try to spend as little time there as possible. I don't think there's really a gap in the content there either. 60+ you could level from the claymore quest series alone, that's how I got my monk to 70 anyway. There's also solo quests in barren sky, and quite a few quests of that level in loping plains.
    Overall, I feel like there is enough content for the lower levels, and would like to see a focus on level 80 content. I'd like to have enough challenging and rewarding content that my giuldmates and I would actually have to discuss what zone to hit today, rather than just sayin 'lets hit up the usual' (RE, MC, and perhaps vault/coa/chelsith). A couple group zones that require raid gear would be super cool too. When you can hit every piece of group content on one lazy saturday afternoon, it just seems a little bit too little.
  11. ARCHIVED-Soluss2 Guest

Goemoe wrote:
    Loping plains, Baren Sky, Bonemire, Claymore quests. KoS instances. Can start in KP at 65. Between all the quests and explore in these zones you can easily get to 65. At 65 you can easily start KP quests which will easily get you to 70.
  12. ARCHIVED-Soluss2 Guest

Gungo@Crushbone wrote:
    What are you smokin? CT is a 40's zone. Feerot is easily done from 38 on. Splitpaw scales from 20 to 60. Lavastorm can be started in upper 30's. I think those fit in your 35-45 zones. You can start sinking sands at about 40 or 41 that still falls in 35-45. Some of the content he listed falls in the 35-40 range and others the 40 to 45 and beyond range. All that is still content from 35 to 45.
    DoF content is actually pretty big, considering it was designed primarly for 50 to 60, IF YOU DO IT ALL.

I think you are the one that needs a clue..
    enchanted lands
    Zek
    Feerot
    Steamfront
    Everfrost
    Sinking Sands
    Theres 5 zones alone that can handle 35 to 45 soloable. Thats just solo. There is plenty more you could add with grouping. There is probably more you could add to the solo scale.
  13. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

I am goign to make this simple for you since its apparently to hard to comprehend.
    Go into everfrost, sinking sands etc etc. Kill a mob look at the level of the treasured loot it drops. If it is not 35-45. IT IS NOT a 35-45 ZONE.
    It doesnt matter what level the mob you can kill is. Hell everyday i play i kill lvl 88 mobs. Does it mean that we have t9 content in this game yet. NO, all those npcs are still t8 content and drop lvl 80 items.
    Regardless of this tangent. Add up all the t8 content, add up all the t7 content. And you cna clearly see there is more content at those levels then there were at the levels i specified.
    My point was simple there is less content at the ranges i stated then any other level range in game.
    check it yourself-
    There is over 12 lvl 70-75 instances and like 6 outdoor zones and
    There are 7 lvl 75-80 instances, and veksar coming in lu 48. (and kurns tower who knows if and when)
    and 6 outdoor dugeons/zones.
  14. ARCHIVED-Soluss2 Guest

Gungo@Crushbone wrote:
    Ok going by your theory (which is wrong, you dont judge tier content by the level of loot that drops). List these 12 lvl 70 -75 instances. I am not aware of 12 instances that drop loot for levels 71 to 75. List the 7 lvl 75 -80 instances because I am unaware of these 7 instances that drop loot for 75 to77.
    Maby some zones need an item revamp but we surely do not need more empty zones with low level content. The low level zones are pratically empty as it is. Why? because there are not many low level players that are not twinked alts that are flying through those levels anyhow. Second reason is that there are already many many many zones for those levels and it spreads the few people there are out between them all.
    You are probably one of the very few that would want to buy an expansion based on low level content. 35 to 45 can be flown trough in the matter of days even as a casual.

Oh and one more thing...where are these lvl 88 mobs that you are killing everyday?
  15. ARCHIVED-Kitsune Guest

Our little Guild has just all bought ROK expansion. What amazes us is how much easier it makes travelling between zones - Griffin to BB mountians for instance. We need more of this in the original content! It gets tired after a while running from A to B to get to where you're adventuring.
    Plus we left Gorowyn islands and headed to BB to play some quests there and the rewards in comparison to what we got in Gorowyn were pathetic. 1 & 2 Str armor (or same for INT and WIS) for a L19-22 toon? Riiight. We already had gotten L 5 & 6 ST/WIS/INT armor as regular quest items.
    That needs revamping across the board!

Something else that needs looking at is the Starter towns. I LOVE new Starter towns in each Expansion, but WHY do they have to be so .. complex and have such poor maps to get around in them?
    Neriak I hated because of the constant noise of "tortured souls/wind effects" and the way the map didn't help you see if a place was lower level or higher.
    Gorowyn takes it one step further into oblivion - We left there so fast for Freeport.. despite the faced we LOVED the new housing there!
    The map is pathetic. It gives no idea of how to get around the place, no idea of the levels things are at. It is just a series of rock levels and some lines to represent the elevators.
    I'm not against complex towns, but I am against poor maps that make finding your way around it a trial of patience and keeping one's temper when you go the wrong way for the 16th time. Yes, I have a bad sense of direction at times, but that shouldn't be a problem in a game. It took me more than 4 hours play to work out the Maw and the town were connected when I did the Prophet quest on my L 68 Assassin there! I had kept going round and up the top way in cos it was the only way in I could find..

So - in my opinion, something for everyone is the way to go - new content to attract new players plus more for us older ones.
    But Better maps if towns continue to be as complex!
    Level out the existing Game early Quests so the armor Stats and money rewards for Quests are about the same instead of having this huge discrepancy.
    Make travelling across the world easier - it's a start with the new Bells.

And I personally like the idea of content for 3-4 group players. I think that is probably about the average group size , apart from those put together specifically for Raids.
  16. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

The person who said Feerott/CT was a lvl 50-55 zone really should just logout of game and never login again, your a moron accept it and move on.

There's no need at all for new zones for this level range, I would suggest however that SOE do the following:

1. Add a questline to Everfrost / Lavastorm - Both zones are pretty dead and need a revamp.
    2. Make the stupid Tower of the Drafling a actual instance (45-50) or (40-45) as atm its a COMPLETE AND UTTER WASTE. Nobody goes there except for 1 HQ.

There you go that problem is solved.

As for 55-65 content, I dont think there's much of a problem personally, just most people dont spend the time to look up questlines on eq2wiki etc.
  17. ARCHIVED-Ndien Guest

What the new expansion needs is a raid encounter where 4 people click statues and 2-3 people harvest shinies at the same time (Think Nexona and Druushk combined)

/sarcasm
  18. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

TwistedFaith wrote:
    +1 on the ferrott / CT comment, CT a 50's zone? lol... I solo'd that below 50.

55-65 is a bit of a problem, because eof zones only last so long and dof / kos dont exaclty have much content, however, one can always mentor and do the tons of stuff missed at earlier levels.
  19. ARCHIVED-shadowedwolf Guest

I couldn't care less what lvls the new expansion is geared at, but I do think if they gear it towards just the lvl 80s players, they need to think about revamping some zones.
    T1 zones really don't matter because you can fly right through them... but for solo unless you have EoF or RoK, the t2 and t3 zones are lacking. Sure there are alot of quests in Cl and Ant, but they can be done quick and still leave you needed to gain a little more xp before you can travel to TS or Nek.
    Admitidly, I just did a bunch of writs/exploring/BBM (BBM is great for quests and most of the items aren't bad) for the t3 because the questlines for ts and nek were tedious and def. not risk v reward. Then there are there are the item triggred quests there that give a reward WORSE than the handcrafted equivalant. (Not that you really need any of the items because if you do have RoK, you'll be wearing your gear for awhile...)
    T4 and T5 are great. Losts to do and even more places to get lost in the Feerroott.
    After that though, save the EoF zones, hang it up. Sinking Sands is great for mid 40s - mid 50s. DoF, KoS and Isle Of Mara (does anyone go there?) are alright... but lvling is slow and possibly painful. My ranger managed to finish out both KoS and Loping Plains by the time he was 64... and then made the mistake of heading over to the unbalanced Kylong Plains. LoL... I like a challange, and I love that RoK is one... but nothing prepares you for some of the RoK mobs.
    Eh, what do I know. It's 2am and I can't sleep... but I do think some of the zones need some love before they dedicate a whole expansion to lvl 80....
  20. ARCHIVED-Voozoo Guest

I agree with the OP, make the next expk for lvl 80 players only, then, when you start puting nails in the coffin of eq2 call me, my SK would love to be there for the ceremony.
    I mean why not... it seems WoW has a small population problem so why not ask sony so send 70% of the eq2 players to them... Bright Smart Genius Wonderful ideea mate ;)
    Oh oh oh... have another 1, if we are here, on the let's **** up eq2 topic why not ask sony that with the next expk to just remove ALL the zones under lvl 80.