new expac needs to be geared toward ONLY level 80 group players

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Ravaan, Jun 26, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Ravaan Guest

theres enough low level content out there right now for everyone what needs to be done is add more group instances maybe even some 12 man instances(how cool would that be) and obviously a lot more raid zones.
    and also get back to what EQ2 does best ... group content. Sorry but if i wanted to solo my way to the top I would go play Oblivion.
    tier the instances
    1-2 - the level of CoA for the casual player
    2-5 - the difficulty of Chelsith and Maidens
    1-2 - the difficulty of SoF(at 70) or apparently RE2.
    also skip these raids with 1 named mob in them (thuuga, Pawbuster) I don't want to organize a huge raid just for one fricken mob. or if you are going to do that put them in a seperate instance in the raid zone itself that you have to reach. so for example you went through an epic version of Karnors castle filled with trash epic mobs and some named mobs and then maybe you zone into pawbusters lair.
    High end group content is what this game lacks
  2. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

Heh, I'd rather have another EoF type expansion, maybe for levels 20-80. Leveling alts through the same progression over and over gets old. I like how EoF had content for all teirs with emphasis on the endgame content by adding 3 new end teir shared dungeons, a new end teir outdoor zone, plus new instances and raids. I'd like to leave TD and have someplace new to level straight through to 80.I
  3. ARCHIVED-shaunfletcher Guest

I can only assume the OP works for turbine or funcom or something, because that idea would kill eq2 as dead as a brick.
  4. ARCHIVED-Daysy Guest

Ravaan wrote:
    Perhaps enough for you but certainly not for everyone. Something suitable for duo/trio for levels 25-65 would be far more useful to me than something that's made for huge groups who all have six hours at a time to play.
  5. ARCHIVED-OutcastBlade Guest

shaunfletcher wrote:
    Well I hope he does, because that means he doesn't work for SOE, which makes me a happy swashy.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

shaunfletcher wrote:
    Yeah, because adding all the solo content did wonders for the game.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dreamaria Guest

If they add all those instance type zones people aren't going to like it because they want more midlevel content...if they add a good amount of 25-65 content and not focus all on level 80 content, they're going to have bored players quitting (again)....if they only add solo content people will complain they have to do quests...if they add group content people will complain they have to grind out xp (or ap whatever it maybe)....maybe they're just doomed whatever they do.
  8. ARCHIVED-OutcastBlade Guest

65 to 80 story driven group content with some solo FTW.
  9. ARCHIVED-Ravaan Guest

25-65 content? are you kidding me? you fly through those levels if you know [I cannot control my vocabulary] you are doing there is no need to add content at those levels since you do fly through them or there is plenty of content already out there..
    This game is boring once you hit 80 and get a few raids under your belt there needs to be a ton more to do than "hey roll an alt" sorry i rolled 3 got 3 up to 80 already and im still bored. give me something to do with my 80s already.
    enough gearing the game to the soloer and the casual gamer that plays 4 hours a week ... go play WoW.
    infact ill be so bold as to say that the next TWO expansions need to be geared toward those players with max levels. sorry but the game has been out 4 years if you don't have a max level character then you have problems and maybe shouldn't be playing MMOs.
    as for progression (because i don't want to see another solo grind to 90) revamp the AA and make it more like EQ1 where you can completely tailor your character to your playstyle and add a crap load more.
  10. ARCHIVED-Cynzielle Guest

An entire expansion dedicated to level 80s? I so do not see that happening, anywhere, anytime, in any game.

Be selfish some more. Now if you ask that the next expansion has more focus on group content for levels 60-80, then yes I totally agree. They need something to balance out the solocentricity** of Kunark. To ask that only a certain group of players should get everything in the next world expansion is not to have any regard for other people who enjoys the game at their own pace. Not everyone has started this game 4 years ago, some of us just got here or just gained a healthy interest.

***I know that's not a word :p****
  11. ARCHIVED-Editedmind Guest

Haha... I hope we all understand that one of the biggest factors in how well recieved EoF was, was that it had something for every character, and every style of play. Everyone wants to see something new, and nobody wants to have to wait as they crawl through old content before they can experience something new... I really don't think that an expansion that serves to alienate the majority of players, and exclusively delivers content for only 80+ characters is going to be very popular at all.
  12. ARCHIVED-shaunfletcher Guest

Kizee wrote:
    What possible reason could there be for you to reply to my post with that? Ive said repeatedly that in my opinion there isnt enough group content in the kunark expansion (but plenty of solo and raid), and that the next one needs to have a lot more. HOWEVER excluding all other content than one tier and style from that expansion would be a disastrous error, and Im sure you know it.
    Assuming the next expansion doesnt raise the cap (that is my expectation) I hope it contains:
    1: A good amount of solo content, both some harder level 80 stuff and some more experiences elsewhere.
    2: A very large amount of group content, mostly at 80 and definitely including stuff that will really challenge the best groups, but ideally with some easier/more mixed and earlier tier dungeons. In fact I see this stuff as the star of the show ideally.
    3: A good range of raid stuff to keep those guys busy (Im not qualified to be more detailed there)
    I do not wish to see a new race or starting city, but I would like to see a couple of new upper-mid (45-70) outdoor zones (and associated dungeons) as that seems to be the weakest area of the game in terms of levelling being fun and varied.
    I would also like to see a serious program of reitemisation/refreshing of the existing content to provide a better flow of content, running both before and after the expansion. specifically the 20-40 range needs to be corrected for the huge mess that is td itemisation.
  13. ARCHIVED-Miwyen Guest

if they should add more highend.. atleast make combat fun once again, lvl 70-80 was a nightmare :(
  14. ARCHIVED-Dreamaria Guest

Editedmind wrote:
    I'm probably missing something...and it's late...and i've been sick...and my brain isn't quite working correctly but...if they have to crawl through old content to see something new then isn't the entire game new to them, because if an expansion was made for 65+ (just an example) and they don't have anything that high to see the expansion then wouldn't the content they have laying in front of them be new to them? Or they're playing their second character to level 40 (just an example) in which case don't you expect to go through the same thing to get to level 40 again? In old content or not it all has story line, quests and gear that allows you to progress.

Either way, the only thing I see is that if they break the expansion up as much as EoF was (I leveled 3 alts and geared them all very well in heroic content...then had nothing to do but farm masters when the rest of the guild wasn't around so i could lend them a hand) then the casual playing 80s will have 1 zone of quests, 3 dungeons (which is about what rok has), 3 instances (that quickly were over done, and then wait for more instances). Players at the level cap have no where to go if there isn't a decent amount of content. It shouldn't all be about level 80 characters, but it also doesn't need to be like EoF imo.

Either way SOE probably has it all planned out already and nothing we say is going to change the layout of the next expansion.
  15. ARCHIVED-skinandbones Guest

Cynzielle wrote:
    EQ1 Planes of Power

Had it small group stuff but to get through expansion you had to raid raid raid. The maxxed level players wanted more raids well they got it with POP.
  16. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

I agree with the OP in almost every way.
    Call me selfish; I don't mind. The next expansion needs to provide a lot more content for groups of all sizes, & a lot less for soloists.
  17. ARCHIVED-Miwyen Guest

somthing for 2-4 man groups would be cool (yea yea, i know the "pro hardcore uber geared...bla bla bla" ppl probebly can duo RE" with thier hands backbound in theri speel, im talking about the casual players)

realy somthing i miss to get a friend or two togeter and crush on an instance :D
  18. ARCHIVED-Mendou Guest

Ravaan wrote:
    *ahem* Sorry but this got me steamed. The entire EQ2 population did not join at launch. Some folks have been around for a couple years, maybe 1 year, or maybe a few months. Also assuming that everyone plays at the same pace for the same purpose is terribly flawed.
    I've been around Since EoF and I just got my first character to T8 (see siggy) a couple months ago. For the first half of that period I was a full time student plus working from 30 to 65 hours a week. Now I've got just a full time job and more free time (hence finally leveling up). My next highest level alt was 36 because I played to have fun, not to reach some supposed finish line. The only reason I leveled my main so fast was I got the bug to try to raid. Had I not gotten that bur in my saddle I'd probably be about level 60 now... or less. Dismissing any portion of the population that doesn't operate with the assumption that they are incompetent if they don't intend to raid or race to levelcap is terribly ... well, rude.
    MMO = "Massively Multiplayer Online" (ie. Online play with multiple other people) not "Raiders/Capped Toons Only".
    *Edited to stop referring to capped toons as all raiders.*
  19. ARCHIVED-Shrell Guest

A more attractive and reasonable approach is to develop a lot of dungeons/instances, and make them offer a selection between solo/group/raid.
    That way, everyone is happy.

Do not force grouping on people. Do not force raiding on people. Do not force soloing on people.

In other words, give them the choice.
  20. ARCHIVED-Miwyen Guest

^^to president!

hehe... realy, thats how it should be, and how i hope it will be, i hope SOE could consider making pickup raids a bit more... casual gameplay again with next expansion. as if now, PUR's you get in to if your a very certain class. or you perhaps kill 1-4 nameds in PR :(
    but SOE did make EOF... so they got the skills requiered for miracles, its all about using it :D