new expac needs to be geared toward ONLY level 80 group players

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Ravaan, Jun 26, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-backtostart Guest

Hey Diknak I never said that the old zones should not be redone. On the contrary I think they need to be redone so people will acually want to use them and made some sugestions to how that can be done. Maybe you should read the post a little better next time.
  2. ARCHIVED-Buneary Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Noob1974 Guest

Its your decision to play solo, why should other ppl get less content, its still an
    mmorpg, making Solo and Group Content equally would be mostlikely on the expense
    of raidcontent.
  4. ARCHIVED-Voozoo Guest

Noob1974 wrote:
    Who gives a about raidcontent? A few guilds/server that enjoy spending a day to get a sword is not really what a mmo is about, is it?
    Most ppl will never raid, they won't even know wth a raid is about so for a few maniacs the rest should suffer? I solo, i grpd maybe 5 times and i will never raid, ever. So are a lot of others. I lvl'd a sk to 59 solo and i will solo it to 80 and in every zone i have been there were atleast 5-10 ppl soloing the hell out of that zone.
    We all pay for the game but only a few actually want hardcore stuff. If i want to depend on a grp i'll play eq1. MOST of the players in eq2 came from eq1 and usually because they heard u can solo and enjoy the game by yourself, no need to have a LFG on your name 24/7.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xanrn Guest

Yeah yeah, nobody raids in EQ2 or groups everyone just runs around soloing all the time.

Only a few guilds ever raid and only the ones the average person can name.

T8 doesn't not need more Solo content, this Expansion back should be Group>Raid>Solo.
  6. ARCHIVED-krrr Guest

Deval@Crushbone wrote:
    And after that you say that raiders are ignorant?
  7. ARCHIVED-Voozoo Guest

Darlock@Runnyeye wrote:
    No.
  8. ARCHIVED-Noob1974 Guest

Deval@Crushbone wrote:
    Not every Raider is a hardcore raider!!!! I'm semi pro raider, taht means i dont raid 24/7....

Secondary Solo Content is based on one person while raiding is based on 24 ppl having a target!!!!! So

stop telling crap about no ones raid.. Hell, even know casual try to get their mythicals even if they dont know

they will ever succeed.

BTW in Fantasy often groups went for adventures fighting Dragons, Mages eg for fabled, mythical items, thats

part of fanatasy.....
  9. ARCHIVED-Voozoo Guest

Noob1974 wrote:
    There are more soloers that raiders. So if the majority needs to be happy then screw raiding.
    But don't dare come and say that we don't need as much solo stuff just causse raids will suffer.
    Get your raids, ask for gods to kill, whatever but don't dare comment on the solo part of this game. This game is fun and played because u can solo and because i don't need a frikin grp to kill my shadow.
    For a bunch of nightwalkers the game doesn't have to loose it's fun.
    Ask on each server what woudl they prefer more solo stuff and less raid stuff or more raid stuff and less solo. Maybe then u'll get the pic hardcore (casual) raider.
  10. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Deval@Crushbone wrote:
    Hey can you share the SOE playerbase % breakdown you seem to have gotten ahold of with the rest of us? Or are you just assuming and making up numbers about what tha majority is and isn't?

RoK was super solo friendly and the playerbase stayed the same if not even lost some players due to it. So I'm not seeing this massive influx of the majority due to the solocentricity of RoK.

The amount of players that raid is not the same as the amount of players raiding avatars. You should look around and see how many guilds per server are actively raiding instanced content every week. Then look around at how many guilds per server have NEVER raided and will NEVER raid and spend their entire time online soloing.

Who is the minority now?

SOE would be stupid to "screw raiders" and/or "screw any playerbase" at all. That is lost money. Turnover and churn is always bad no matter where it comes from. They need to fight to retain subs and/or bring in new players. They tried the "solo everything in the entire game and make 100pp and get tons of legendary and fabled" with RoK and it failed. I didn't see them building new servers to house this vast majority of the MMO playerbase who only solo, did you?

They need to do what they can and have done since launch to make content for each of their playstyles. Everyone can raid and tons of players per server raid. Do they kill avatars? No. But the majority of raid content is instanced because SOE knows that most of their raiders are raiding instanced content.

Doing away with raiding/grouping would seal the deal on EQ2, believe what you want. Nothing is more boring than logging online and finding everyone doing their own thing. Some massive game that is.

I heard they make games for players who are hardcore soloers like you, games like Oblivion. Its one thing to enjoy soloing and ask SOE for more solo content and entirely another to tell them to "screw raiding".

Let SOE do their job, they and the forums don't need all your assumptions about what the majority is and isn't.
  11. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

Deval@Crushbone wrote:
    And you got this from where? (besides out of your rear?)
    Because at lvl 80, on my server, I'm willing to bet there is a good amount more "raiders" than pure "soloers."
    On my server, there are 13 active guilds that have cleared -VP-. The top major raid instance in the expanion. And there are numerous other guilds working their way up to that point yet. That is hundreds, if not 1000+, of people enjoying their raids weekly, on a single server.

But of course, you're not wrong at all, there are thousands of just "soloers" actively playing this game on my server. *rolls eyes*
  12. ARCHIVED-Pyra Shineflame Guest

Geothe wrote:
    Actually I think it is pretty obvious that there are more groupers/soloers than there are those who can be considered "raiders." There are plenty of threads that have complained about the demographics of the modern MMO player and it was pretty much accepted that "casuals" > "hardcore" (whatever hardcore may be). The recent posts contesting this don't have a very good leg to stand on...
    That being said, there is indeed no reason to "screw" any part of the player base at all however you can expect SOE to try catering to the majority. The fact that they felt to need to make RoK the way it was suggests that there is plenty of "soloers" playing this game. The problem with RoK wasn't the "solocentricity" as someone stated but the way they chose to go about it (limiting quest updates, linear quest lines, and over all imbalance of the expac).
    Now, enough with the snark and borderline "no, you're dumb!" arguments.
  13. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

Pyra Shineflame wrote:
    Oh I would definitely agree that there are more Group players than raiders, but that is not the claim that he made what so ever. He said -SOLOer- and in that statement, he is very wrong. There is a big difference between groupers (which I would say is the majority of lvl 80s) and soloers (I'd say is the minority of lvl 80s) and raiders (who I'd say fall inbetween).
  14. ARCHIVED-Wyrmypops Guest

Ages back now, there was a poll on these here boards, to ascetain preferred play styles. As I recall, duoing/small group action came up a winner. Soloing and full grouping jostling for the middle positions. I don't recall that so much as I do the teeny 14% of cats that expressed a preference for raiding. I only recall that because it made me grin, given I'm no fan of raiding.
    Course, the poll couldn't be as clear as it could have been, given that it was on the forums rather than a pop-up on log-in. Forumites tend to be a bit harder-core than those that don't bother checking game boards, and harder-core types tend to be immersed in more aspects of the game, so really, 14%, probably generous.
    Still, reckon the balance is already peachy enough. Plenty of solo and group content. That's bound to continue. No need to defecate on raiding. If something is resulting in not feeling the warm fuzzies from the game it's likely something else (like boredom) other than raiding getting too much love.
  15. ARCHIVED-Zarador Guest

Allow me to play both sides, as it should be.

Any good expansion caters to all levels so it will sell, plain and simple. There have to be some perks that entice the End Game Raiders and those that entice the pure crafters or alt-a-holics.

If I'm level 30, why would I buy the expansion if I already have enough content to last me to 50? If I'm level 80 and I don't Raid, what entices me?
  16. ARCHIVED-Voozoo Guest

So most of ur arguments are based on what LVL 80 players do. Don't make me start quoting causse i'm to lazzy just read above.
    Now that sounds like "well we are 80 and we don't want u punks that are lower to get stuff to do, make soe invest in us, we are the cool players, we're 80!"
    And that's how u fubar an online game. Yes 80 stuff to do! ur not 80 buzz of! NEWB!
    U will get a new AA cap, go work on that and let the rest that didn't get to 80 have a chance to get there! Or what u raided all there was and now u are greedy for even better gear? so u can solo epics? or what is it that u need?
    Come on SOE give them some godmode and let them play in instances, maybe they will get their arses out there and be quiet for a few months!
    Hell, make ALL the zones with only epic mobs! all lvl 80! We, the rest will just stay on the sidewalk, eat popcorn and make bets if the raid gets whiped or not.
    Oh and cheer for their glory! Make songs about how great, they, the heroes are!
    Oh glory to the raiders, the city they saved!
    Now give them a bone for the raiding they played!
    Hail noble raider, oh great cavalier!
    U are so cool allow us to kneel!
  17. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Hi,
    i didn't understand any of the last post before me, could someone please explain ? Or is this just a "i hate raiders" post ?
    Where is my ignore Button for that kind of posts...
    Small fact:
    Adding content for Lvl 80 Players is added content for ALL Players, because anyone will get 80 eventually.
    Regards, theriatis.