Nagafen PvP Beta

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

this is a beta TEST of a new server , not a server from five or ten years back.
    this is not just a test of the programing its also a test of the player base . If a small fraction of players proceed to play it as nasty as it can be played and it chases off a majority percentage of those curious enough to take a look, its done.

if you want to play pvp and save the basic premise of the pvp server then you will have to be open to a rule set and frame-work that will work for enough players to justify a full time server .

once again proclaiming that the former pvp server's were so great and wonderful...falls on deaf ears .. as those servers died due to lack of players. let the dead rest .

how about some fresh ideas , that park the " I want to be a bully, and i think I will be the biggest bully in the pond." mentality at the door.
    Let's consider some ideas that will keep it fun for the most possible people of many different temperaments.
    mercenery, Trasor, Gillymann and 4 others like this.
  2. MissGreen Member

a group of 10-20 could kill the game....period....
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

You know, Eve Online (open PvP spaceship game that's about a year older than EQ2) has always self-published, and has always had the same problem. Their player rentention rate has been absolutely terrible for many years because the game is ganker/griefer city gone wild.

However, in 2018 CCP finally got an outside publisher, Pearl Abyss (yes, Black Desert Online's publisher), and now they've got to show financial growth.

Well, low and behold, they finally were arsed to create a diagnostic program that would show exactly where their losses and horrid retention rate were coming from, and it turns out that four corps (guilds) were actually at fault for practically all of their subscription losses! Something horrible like 94% of the time, the newbie victim couldn't even get a single shot off against the bullies, and would give up and leave the game. Oh boy.

CCP, Eve's developers, are now *finally* revamping their entire war dec system (corp PvP system where the PvE police just "look the other way" at bullying) over this.

So, you are so right! More right than you know! And this kind of nonsense (bullying the helpless newbs til they quit, and they don't even have anyone on their "side" that can intervene to help them because of friendly fire or game restrictions, etc.) goes on everywhere there's FFA PvP.
  4. MissGreen Member

we are not eve online honey.....and yes I agree thank you very much. Also for example the game is going to die in its own entitlement. So I tried to join a guild and they were just so mean about things and I really cant understnd that because the game is hanging by threads but lettting a new comer into the guild was a defeat in futility and that is not how this game should be ran at alll...I mean these guys were pure evil to me and I told them I stick up for myself always. They did not like that one bit. They like followers..I'm sorry but you will get your guild there but you will never ever have newcomers and the guilds that are tyrant as these, need to go...just saying.They come off as cults.
    Raeven likes this.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

Yes but the situation is the same. Except CCP is fixing theirs. ;)
    Raeven and MissGreen like this.
  6. MissGreen Member

right...and Eve launched around the same time as this game back in 2004/ I truly can't compare the two. I just wish the devs would notice things more and that goes for pvp..
  7. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

Was Just in beta on my level 11 swash.
    I'm set to anon but they found me anyway was in down below and caves trying to see if pve exp and loot had been adjusted .. it has not.
    was farm killed 4 or 5 times running . the persons doing it wait until you are all ready engaged in combat with an npc and are in rough shape before they attack , because they love a challenge apparently.

as it is set up currently leveling for someone starting fresh isn't seeming viable unless you are willing to be a griefer .. and I'm not. I'm more a defender than an attacker.

as it sits I don't see how any changes can be tested accurately or in anyway fairly , with a closed group of folks already at cap and settled in. how will they test anything at this point ? they are at cap and don't need anything in the way of exp .

the mid range level players have no choice if they want to catch up they have to predate the new comers to the beta .. and the new comers leave .

I wish it weren't so... but its looking like MissGreen is correct in that, in this situation a few can indeed ruin it for the many.

I once again suggest a beta server wipe and start over from whats been learned and or suggested in the last week
  8. Raeven Well-Known Member

ROTFLMAO!.

I love this comment. Just LOVE it!

Yeah, I have respect for very few of the players who have attacked me. But of course, they aren't interested in being respected. Which is so weird for me, can't understand why a player would NOT be interested in being proud of their own prowess, why they would settle for kills that say nothing about their abilities as a player.
  9. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

LOL to take some of the sting out of it , I made sure my inventory consisted entirely of sunfish and frog legs
    ArcaneCognition, Siren and Raeven like this.
  10. Mesander Member

THIS ALL DAY LONG!

I played Beta hard for the first few days. The issue for me is exactly what has been said. This issue with bringing up a new toon in a starter zone such as the Caves and having a group 3-4 levels higher than you farming you repeatedly is an OUTRAGE. I took it for as long as I could. I finally snapped and asked them this: IF the new PVP server launches, how long do you honestly think the server will last when you pull this crap? His response was remarkable...I need XP. I'm like wow, really? That's the best you can do. If you're ok with getting minimal XP off a "trash kill" at the expense of killing the server...GO AHEAD, be my guest. Don't whine when the server dies. I have been playing EQ2 for years, never in my life have I seen such awful player behavior. I raged quit after that. I'm done. I'll gladly continue my paid sub and returned back to FG and have been having a blast. I understand its Beta. I might consider trying the new server "IF" it launches...but if I see the same results; well, there will be one less account on that server.

Rant over.
  11. Trasor Active Member

The new updates today...#goals.

Thank you Devs for continuously improving the product and listening to feedback. I do not think I have ever had this much fun on Beta.
  12. Trasor Active Member

Totally agreed. You could not have said it better. As one of these former players who loved the "good 'ole days", we have to adapt. I think the new wrinkles they have added have been encouraging.

I think we can all agree that this server will work the best if people have incentives to both go into the open world AND fight. Fixing PVE exp, specifically quest exp, will help tremendously.

Personally, I like the FFA and I think it warrants a shot - it could always be reverted. The seasonal approach allows for constant experimentation and so no one is locked in completely.
  13. Vilesummon New Member

Couple of questions:
    1. Are we ever going to get the clickable item thing fixed so we can finish some questlines? I know pvp server BUT it is how some of us are gearing our toons until more crafters are around.
    2 Is food ever going to get fixed? Annoying watching the slow recovery time of HP/MP especially since you may need to fight again faster than PVE server.
    3. Any thought on shrinking scout tracking range? One of largest issues with scouts is they have dps of some mages but also track to pick their fights. Shrink the range and maybe some scouts would be more surprised about what they are getting into or at least would have the potential to be engaged instead of running.
    4. I understand treasured items may drop from pvp, but why does it currently seem like rare harvests are lost more than other items? I lost solo vs 2 separate groups last night. No big deal because I was wandering solo so it's an inherent risk, but when both fights end up with losing 2 rares in a row, isn't that statistically odd? Don't get me wrong, I definitely think rares SHOULD drop from fights BUT maybe at a lower rate. We can't seriously be expected to call and bank every time we farm a rare...that would kill the flow.
    Raeven likes this.
  14. Piiv New Member

Developers.
    Thank you guys, you respond so quickly to the forum.
    Please: is it not possible to cheerfully strengthen craft items, for the current situation of craft does not make sense.

Sorry for my english.
    Siren and Pixistik like this.
  15. justin muncy New Member

Im done till they tone necros down there's 90 of them running around and they can stand right infront of a bruiser and destroy them or any class for that matter they are clothies and they act like tank/wizard/stungods just stop it.
    Siren likes this.
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

Conjurors are just as bad, believe me, and they wasted no time nerfing tank heals; like tanks don't have it hard enough in PvP, lol.
  17. Zenji Well-Known Member

Dude likes this.
  18. Gankednshanked Active Member

Sk and Pally don't have it hard in PvP, even with the nerfs.
    Vilesummon likes this.
  19. Reingar New Member

Anyone have an issue with the Necro pet not auto assisting? I have been having to tell it to attack even though it is supposedly auto assisting..... maybe my character is just bugged lol
  20. Jeremyah New Member

So, not sure if this has been mentioned before or not, but here goes:

No exp or rewards from killing red con characters in pvp is a problem. Basically it penalizes you for grouping with someone even slightly higher than you. A red con to you attacks your group because someone is slightly higher than you, you have to defend yourself and get nothing for it, while higher levels in your group get exp and even further ahead. I get why reds should not get something from greys, but that is where it should end. As it stands, people who are higher in groups, just get further ahead and it makes grouping with friends or guildies that much harder and less satisfying.

If anything, there should be a small catch up mechanic (bonus exp) for lower levels grouping with higher levels and managing to kill red con characters, not the way it currently works.
    Piiv likes this.