Nagafen PvP Beta

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Gankednshanked Active Member

Agreed, should be like it used to be. You can get a little xp/fame from killing reds, and if you die to a red because you hit them, they can get a fame hit from you.
  2. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Time for my few cents.

Im not going into class balancing. Adjusting spells and abilities takes tons of time, i'll wait what the devs come up with. I want to talk more about mechanical things.

1. Im really conflicted about the character purge.

Not because i dont wanna start over and over again each season but because a part of our identity is lost. It also makes other big parts of the game useless, like crafting and tradeskilling. People will also worry losing their names, guilds and other perks they have achieved and you cant deny it, Everquest is hugely made of PvE. I would hate to see that go waste and thats why i wanna suggest another idea.

Instead of purging the server, just de-level the character to 1, remove all spells and masters (also all harvesting skills) maybe even remove all items & money but keep the name and even the tradeskill level.

This way people can connect to their character and build it up without the char going to complete waste every season. When the season is over, the character has to be built up again with leveling the character (this promotes pvp), level the harvest skills (this promotes pvp) and getting their masters in dungeons/nameds (this promotes pvp). People also need to gear up again. With this system players dont need to worry about their names getting stolen.

2. Keep the FFA-PVP but remove the faction dividing.

Right now its a mess. I dont even know if my enemies are fellow freeps or qeynos. I always need to act quick and check before attacking. Make guilds matter more than faction. This way we can group- and raid up with everyone and instead of being the server being FFA it will be more like guilds vs guilds/everyone. This way a guild can get a certain reputation and it will make their life easier/harder. It will make contesting dungeons and open world targets easier. And it should disable friendy fire for your own guild mates. This could fix the countless issues that FFA-pvping brings with friendly fire. And it also opens up the economy more cause you have more people to trade with.

3. Add another title system
    Dont remove the old one, i like it. I know it turns people into cowards because they want to hug their title so bad, but its their decision and if they wanna live that life, so be it. But add a second title based on something else like kills. Im not very creative, but it should be something unique. You have killed 100 unique players? 500? 1000? 10000? Get frigging nice titles to brag along the way. I also like that you have added appearance armor throu the achievements. The title could also be granted throu the achievent and people can decide on their own if they want to display it. Or maybe even force it to show, so you know who you are up against. You cant lose this one so it wont promote any title hugging. In best case this title becomes more important than the current ones. In worst case nothing changes.

4. Level ranges, experience and rewarding killing reds
    Please grant experience in pvp when being dead. Right now you focus on staying alive rather than fighting. I die and my two group mates level when the enemies finally dies. Thats very unsatisfying, especially since i contributed a lot in that fight, i just died 10 seconds before the enemy people started dropping.

Four level in the newb zones is okay, even in ant and cl. The lvl 20 zones keep 6 level, the lvl 30 zones get 8 lvls and the lvl 40 zones should be 10 level. If we ever reach a higher zone in future expansions it should be open.

Please give atleast exp when killing reds. The enemy might be red to me but is yellow and orange to my group mates. They again, get exp and level up while i stay behind. The gap keeps getting higher with every kill. Maybe dont give fame but in the end it doesnt matter. The person killed always loses 16 fame, the points are just distributed to more people. So you will be mad at the grey person interfering with your kills cause you will get less fame. Nothing really changes for the person who died, he always loses the same amount of fame.

EDIT: I might add more, trying to wrap my thoughts.
    sh33pOwner, MissGreen, Piiv and 3 others like this.
  3. Durzo New Member

Lots of good points here Ajjantis, I especially agree with points 1 and 2.
    Bloodflow here by the way /wave.

P.S what happened to point 4? :)
  4. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Hey mate,

whoops, fixed! :)
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

we have no faction , well make all guards non aggressive unless you kill them than you could be marked for being killed by them .
  6. Savne Member

Regarding shamans:

The defiler/mystic group ward could use (1) a ~3-second cast time; (2) more favorable mechanics for a group PvP setting (ex. give it the ability to regen a small amount over time, or have it place individual wards on each group member) that don't overly affect solo/small group PvP like simply upping the ward amount would.

Number 1 is a must; 5-second interruptible cast times in PvP are not really workable. If a spell is going to take 5 seconds to cast in any game's PvP it better be a powerful channel spell.

Number 2 is probably a shaman pipe dream because I know the dev team is overstretched, and talking about a change in spell mechanics this far into the game's life is probably out there. But I'll put it out there anyway.

If nothing else, a class should at least be enjoyable to play. Being a shaman feels frustrating and helpless, largely because of long cast times for what amounts to belly flop heals.
    Saina likes this.
  7. Savne Member

Feedback re: the seasonal server rule:

I don't think the seasonal server idea is a bad one. Server resets could be a way to keep the game competitive for newcomers and fresh for "oldcomers." But I feel like there should be some sort of progress carried on from reset-to-reset so that the previous season doesn't feel all for naught, especially in an MMORPG where so much time is dedicated towards advancing your character.

What about having something like an account-based persistent "class expertise" that never resets? Things considered class expertise would be, for example, your max spell/ability knowledge (ex. your Mastered spells for a class stay Master after reset, your Adept 3s stay Adept 3, etc.). Another part of expertise could be the # of AAs gained on that class over all time.

At the seasonal reset, players can re-roll classes they've rolled before and continue where they left off in terms of that class's expertise, or roll a new class. Gear and levels wouldn't be a part of "expertise" (although maybe each expac could start at a base level), and would have to be re-farmed again.
    Piiv likes this.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

Honestly, keeping spell upgrades or AAs kills the whole reason for seasons: To start everyone back on even footing again at the start of every new season. If they were going to allow that, they would just leave peoples' characters as-is in between seasons and not wipe them. And I doubt there's even a way to program that into a new level 1 character, anyway.
  9. Savne Member

Basically what I'm suggesting is that server wipes not be all-or-nothing, and that there instead be a sort of intermediate approach that would still even things out a bit but also benefit those who have put time into a character. It doesn't have to be exactly as I outlined it.

Programmatically, I doubt it's impossible. As to how much dev time and effort it would take, I dunno.
  10. MissGreen Member

I agree with this! I think once you tag a player or pve player and if you die you should still get credit for it for sure. Also I agree with upping the xp on all reds, orange and yellows. It just makes sense. Thanks Ajjantis
    Ajjantis likes this.
  11. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

Both shamans and clerics need to have their 5 sec group cast time reduced to 3 if anyone is going to consider them viable, otherwise they turn in to "back up healers" where you don't really want to venture out with one and in a full group you'd absolutely need a druid. Their viability shouldn't rely on another healing class in pvp. It might be a problem later on with cast speed if they introduce but it can be adjusted then.

Honestly just don't wipe them and move them to one of the live servers or just make a separate server to graveyard all the seasonal characters.

On a separate note if that PvE xp buff went through jesus christ its not even close to where it needs to be. Same with crafting. Troub feels like straight garbage outside of getting m2 shrill and oneshotting level 10s
    Piiv likes this.
  12. Drdeepsmile New Member

Well it was fun boys had two chars.

They nerfed illusionist into the ground. I do about 30% of the damage as before while still being very squishy to other classes.

Shadowknight was weak before nerfs now extremely weak.

Back to runescape for me. I might check back when things are more "stable" but I doubt it. Devs that aren't actually playing their game are of no use to any community. That's why OSRS is so successful, the devs play the game so they understand the right changes.

Would of been nice to have a Subtype DMM mode tho, good idea.
    Piiv likes this.
  13. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

Sk's were anything but weak and still are solid, always will be due to how their kit is designed. Illusionist is an extremely squishy class with almost no defensives, cc is your defense. This is how its meant to be played, I'd recommend trying a scout in PvP. Not every class can have the same strengths!
    Ishtara likes this.
  14. Gankednshanked Active Member

Haven't seen illy @ 50, can't imagine they're weak like you say. Every class is pretty much equally garbage. They capped the damage bonus you can get from Primary stats and STA just provides way too much HP. Serious disproportion from the two which could be a huge reason damage across the board seems extremely low. All fights lasting like 45s+, even in class counter matchups.
  15. Alarra Well-Known Member

I haven't played on the server so I can't give my voice to current mechanics, but a suggestion for season changes::
    • Prior characters can keep their name between seasons, but if they don't login within the first 2 weeks a new season, their name is fair-game. Also if the account makes a character of a different name on the PVP server on a new season, the name protection is recinded.
    • Certain Titles (not all) are flagged on account so can be claimable on next season
    • Fluff PVP reward items from previous seasons are claimable (eg:appearance armour, stuff that doesn't affect combat or progression)
    In terms of other suggestions (some maybe already in effect):
    • Add a massive skull tag on the top 5 PVP'ers or a zonewide announcement when they zone into a zone
    • Make group vs group exp higher
    • Make Raid vs Raid exp higher
    • Make combat that isn't initiated by a single player against a group worth less xp to the group
    • Add open land contested named that give decent rewards to the group that does that pulls them and kills it, the mob could change to raid mob if pulled by a raid, said reward increases possibilty of rarer loot when being attacked by groups of other players and surviving said encounters to bring down said named dependant on the fame of the players that you defeated..
    • When creating a new character on the server it takes the average level of players that have logged in the past week and set you at that level (could be given an option to start fresh as well)
    • Have a purchasable item on a city vendor that will boost you to the average level of players that have logged in the past week
    • Title huggers lose said title if they haven't increased fame by a certain amount during a certain period such as a week
  16. Drdeepsmile New Member

All i know is I fought a warlock before downtime and it was a very close fight. (lost with warlock @ like 5% hp)

Same level. (27)

After downtime

Didn't even get to half health

Also took me about 90seconds to kill an afk berserker. NICE

Pet doing next to nothing now.

Gl with the game boyos.
  17. Gankednshanked Active Member

i'm wondering if the devs are trying to tune summoners in line with everyone else in terms of damage, and then they intend on either A) Nerfing HP Drastically, or B) Buffing DMG globally
  18. Fulton Active Member

Casters been pretty tough, i think maybe because of the long stuns and stifles, almost dead before even getting a fighting chance.Ive been trying different toons, except a mage, and i think if they are nerfed too bad then it will everscout2 all over. I mean why wouldnt you play a scout? Stealth,speed buffs,poisons,dps,chain armor,track,ranged attacks,debuffs,evac,stuns,stifles,roots,see stealth, all the perfect tools for pvp..especially if ur a fame hugger. I wouldnt even bother playing a non crusader tank. I wouldnt play healer either, always first target and without aa for focus,cast speed,ect... You will be constantly interrupted with long cast times and cant cast while moving, noty. My 2 pennies
    Siren likes this.
  19. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Illusionist was a great pvp class back in the day. I had a lot of success playing one and I've played the game in general since launch, so I'm not a novice. The pvp was just totally different with AAs in things like casting speed and peace of mind, and reforging stats to ability mod.

I've been trying to test one, with the limited 1v1 pvp I can find on the server, at level 23 using stat-less vendor gear and apprentice 1s. It would be useful to have a real character to test with, and actual pvp fights/scenarios setup by a dev, but I test with what they give us. I am not impressed with the class and do not recommend playing one. The CC is practically no better than scout cheapshot, and worse than necro stifle/stun. The damage is pitiful. Maybe it's a totally different game at level 50 with equally geared opponents, but I can only speculate. However if the server went live tomorrow, I would roll something better and not play the class, nor seek one for a group.
  20. Nuada Active Member

that only shows that you have no idea

Yes go back to runescape good idea looks like the **** out off my ***

i think,thats the right place for you.